Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to have a conference call

Options
  • 20-06-2009 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

I am part of a small organisation with members all over Ireland.
    We would like to have a conference call every month.

I would have suggested using the internet, like live messenger or skype, but these aren't the most internet savy people so it needs to be an ordinary phone they call in with.

At work we use Eircom's service, but I don't have my own personal account, and I expect it only is available for business users.

On the internet I found PowWowNow.ie, but this is 8 cents a minute.
    An hour conference call would be 10 people x 60 minutes x 0.08 cent = E48.

Is this the best method? Are there other ways to have a conference call?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Just use skype ?

Free , designed to be easy to use

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6462847/Managing-a-Skype-Conference-Call

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

I wonder what that will do to the quality, calling 10 people at the same time over one line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Forgot to put this in earlier post , sorry :

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=542

I wouldn't know how it'd manage quality-wise with 10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

check your telephone directory. you can conference people from your land line.

you ring person A. They conference person B, who the conferences person C etc
    I have done this with Eircom before with 8 people, 2 of which were in the usa and it works fine. just local call charges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Blueface offer a conference-call facility. I had a quick go of it recently and it was very easy to set up and use.

• Advertisement

Thanks all, I think the blueface is the best option quality/price wise.

amen's idea looks good too, but you will have to explain it to 9 people and it would just take a while to start talking.

I think we will try out a couple of these over the coming months and see what works best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Asterisk?

That looks mighty complicated that Asterisk. I might have a closer look at it, but it seems to be for developers to me...
    Thanks anyway

Advertisement