Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFTER HOURS DOUBLE STANDARDS

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Terry wrote: »
    How about I start a thread in Ah and ask users if they want you permanently banned?

I'm not going to do that because you'll get yourself permanently banned again without any help from anyone else.

LOL very mature response. Well from what i'm hearing your not mr popular yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Terry, to answer your question, yes i did PM the Mod that banned me on Friday. I got no reply to the 2 Pms i sent.

Did the Mods not say if we have a complaint to take it to feedback or the help desk? I didnt continue it in AH.

As for being an "ass" as you put it, i think your just bothered a lot of people dont agree with how you lot handled it, not just the people banned, and other Mods too.

I will stay off all the touching posts in future so i dont upset anybody with my deeply offensive remarks. Sorry to everyone i made cry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

LOL very mature response. Well from what i'm hearing your not mr popular yourself.

none of my beeswax, but Terry was voted mod of the year by the users of Boards last Christmas.

*scoots out of thread*

SDooM wrote: »
    none of my beeswax, but Terry was voted mod of the year by the users of Boards last Christmas.

*scoots out of thread*

I'm sure that wonderful award ceremony made the papers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It generally doesn't bode well if you preface a sarcastic "mature response" type post with LOL.
    I would quit hampering your already riddled argument with crap personal digs if I were you but then I would have done that on page one before your argument fell apart completely.
    I banned Knoxille for trolling and ignoring a direct mod warning. You cannot see the deleted posts that are visible to all mods of AH and the admins.
    Furthermore here is the ban message and accompanying warning from me. Posted on thread.
    Knoxville banned for trolling and ignoring mod warning.
    If anyone else has issue with the moderation of this thread PM a mod or take it to Helpdesk. Any further discussion of moderation / crap thread spoiling jokes will result in a banning. Please PM me for clarification. If you post on this thread questioning a mod it will be deleted and you will be banned and pointed toward the help desk.
    I even editted it three times to further simplify it for the txtspk generation.
    Two posts after that warning you posted yet another fight the powah mod questioning post. What did you expect to happen after what I had just posted?
    :confused:
    If you post on this thread questioning a mod it will be deleted and you will be banned
    It was deleted. You were banned.
    Personally that is what I would expect to happen. I think it's pretty clear what happened in both instances. I think that I clarified it yet further with you via PM and you said you accepted your ban. Strange that you never mentioned that PM conversation on this thread. The one where I told you that you and Knoxville were both banned for ignoring mod warnings and you accepted it.
    Your ban is now up. Your argument is so convoluted and nonsensical that to even address it as it has been posted would make me look like a mad man. Your input into this thread has long since soured. That last post showing beyond doubt that the only wish you have in posting here is to stir trouble and troll for a response. Throwing out any old crap in the hope it sticks to some target you have taken a disdain for.
    I have another suggestion.
    Deal with it. On your own. No need to inform us of any updates as to your feelings on here again. Your input has been noted. Move along please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm sure that wonderful award ceremony made the papers

You're the one who seems interestd in who is popular or not. Just simply pointing out a factoid.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Terry, to answer your question, yes i did PM the Mod that banned me on Friday. I got no reply to the 2 Pms i sent.

Terry. To more adequately answer your question.
    No he did not PM the mod in question. (me).That is why he got no reply to the 2 PMs he did not send.
    Would you care to look through your sent items there Johnny and revise that statement?
    Or maybe we could see if an admin could do so? Hmmm?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

There's probably no point in me saying, that if people behaved and respected the other members of the forum in question, then there would be no need to complain about standards or doubles there of.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's not double-standards, it's one adjustable standard.

Jesus, its not hard to see when a topic is showing signs of serious discussion and its not hard to stay out of such topics.

It generally doesn't bode well if you preface a sarcastic "mature response" type post with LOL.
    I would quit hampering your already riddled argument with crap personal digs if I were you but then I would have done that on page one before your argument fell apart completely.
    I banned Knoxille for trolling and ignoring a direct mod warning. You cannot see the deleted posts that are visible to all mods of AH and the admins.
    Furthermore here is the ban message and accompanying warning from me. Posted on thread.

I even editted it three times to further simplify it for the txtspk generation.
    Two posts after that warning you posted yet another fight the powah mod questioning post. What did you expect to happen after what I had just posted?
    :confused:

It was deleted. You were banned.
    Personally that is what I would expect to happen. I think it's pretty clear what happened in both instances. I think that I clarified it yet further with you via PM and you said you accepted your ban. Strange that you never mentioned that PM conversation on this thread. The one where I told you that you and Knoxville were both banned for ignoring mod warnings and you accepted it.
    Your ban is now up. Your argument is so convoluted and nonsensical that to even address it as it has been posted would make me look like a mad man. Your input into this thread has long since soured. That last post showing beyond doubt that the only wish you have in posting here is to stir trouble and troll for a response. Throwing out any old crap in the hope it sticks to some target you have taken a disdain for.
    I have another suggestion.
    Deal with it. On your own. No need to inform us of any updates as to your feelings on here again. Your input has been noted. Move along please.

I did mention that i PM'd and yeh i said i accepted the ban but didnt agree with it. I can hardly not accept it can I. :D

LOL LOL LOL, i said it coz its funny that he cant handle criticism so he threatens me with a public vote, yipeeeee can we invite Simon Cowell too

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    You're the one who seems interestd in who is popular or not. Just simply pointing out a factoid.

Nope i wasnt the one who threatened a public vote, that was Terry.

It's not double-standards, it's one adjustable standard.

Jesus, its not hard to see when a topic is showing signs of serious discussion and its not hard to stay out of such topics.

Shouldnt have been in AH then should it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

But by that reckoning the only topics in AH would be piss takes. It would be a little bland if that was the case.

I'd say that 95% of my posts are in AH and I don't mind seeing the odd serious discussion taking place... if I don't have anything 'sensitive' to say about whats being discussed, I simply don't partake in discussion, rather than making an obviously negative post simply for the hell of doing it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Sorry. Who died and made you boss of Boards?
    You joined last month yet think it perfectly fine to come on here and tell the mods of AH how to run their forum.
    If the Mods allow such discussion in AH, then it should be there.

I've had enough of this crap.

Learn to behave yourself and your problems will be over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement