Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFTER HOURS DOUBLE STANDARDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Gordon wrote: »

That's what I meant... considering this incident , does it give weight to something like that ?

I could care less for the people who want to make Finding Chemo jokes (I'd imagine they fit in Lolo) and the ones who want the girl to burn in hell and all that but I think I might end up getting lumped in that category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Terry wrote: »

Report the posts.

I didn't think it was necessary to report threads with rape in the title, but I will do so from now on.

I have to add soemthing : After Hours shouldn't just be a place where you talk about the video where a guy shoves broken glass in his ass.

There's seriously decent and important stuff there too that needs moderation
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055566501

Now if someone posted something "typical AH style" about biggins or his daughter then that's a serious low blow and crossing the line. If someone wants to challenge or question or query a "movement" or the issue(s) related to that thread then you should be able to... but not in the thread.

Yeah, this thread too - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055548350
    Sometimes sickpedia humour just isn't needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Ass wrote: »
    all mods = nazis

I'd just like to interrupt this thread to say how hilarious I think it is that you log onto boards every day just to tell everyone how crap boards is.

be a man! walk away! that'll show 'em.

that'll show em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Ass has already been banned from feedback for a fortnight for that comment, so he can't reply to you. It's worth noting he maintains he made the comment ironically.

• Advertisement

Ass has already been banned from feedback for a fortnight for that comment, so he can't reply to you. It's worth noting he maintains he made the comment ironically.

Was it the mods of the SS board he was talking about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Dont mention the war!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

At the end of the day Johnny K didnt take the p1ss out of the girl, he didnt make a joke of the situation, all he was guilty of was having a different view on the story.
    He agreed it was sad and tragic but reckoned it was a PR/Marketing stunt by Pixar, which it could well have been. He may have been cynical, sarcastic but there's nothing wrong with that.

All i did was state that fact and i got banned, and my posts taken down because i showed up the mods and their hypocracy.

So is it a crime on AH to have a different opinion from the mods. I think it was proved it is!

Some of them are like bouncers, on a little power trip.

So is it a crime on AH to have a different opinion from the mods. I think it was proved it is!

It's a crime to discuss moderation anywhere but feedback, helpdesk and PM. Whatever about the original banning, you come onto any thread anywhere on the site and complain about moderation, and you'll be banned. No sympathy for you there to be honest. If you think that's "power tripping", that's your right, I would argue that it's the only way to prevent people like you, who are aggrieved at moderating decisions, from derailing every thread on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

At the end of the day Johnny K didnt take the p1ss out of the girl, he didnt make a joke of the situation, all he was guilty of was having a different view on the story.
    He agreed it was sad and tragic but reckoned it was a PR/Marketing stunt by Pixar, which it could well have been. He may have been cynical, sarcastic but there's nothing wrong with that.

All i did was state that fact and i got banned, and my posts taken down because i showed up the mods and their hypocrisy.

There can be arguments both valid and invalid made about this till the end of time, but the only thing than can't be argued is that the people whose posts were deleted and got banned, cannot argue their case as they went against a moderation decision, which is basically arguing a moderation decision on thread, which as we all know is a bannable offence.

Whether that decision was the correct one an be argued, but here is the place for it, not on thread.

EDIT: I'm just after repeating what tbh said. Damn you slow typing skills

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    It's a crime to discuss moderation anywhere but feedback, helpdesk and PM. Whatever about the original banning, you come onto any thread anywhere on the site and complain about moderation, and you'll be banned. No sympathy for you there to be honest. If you think that's "power tripping", that's your right, I would argue that it's the only way to prevent people like you, who are aggrieved at moderating decisions, from derailing every thread on site.

It was the moderators who derailed the thread, saying Pixar were helping the kid as a PR/Marketing stunt was on topic. Them banning people for no reason caused it to go wayward.

and did you point that out on the thread, or in feedback/helpdesk/pm?

That's not what I said and you know that.
    That was in reply to johnny_knoxvile when he said would it not be better to post the thread in a forum other than After Hours where you get a certain responce
    The thread was in the correct forum imo.

The response that was asked for by Rabies on the first page of the thread was to keep it nice.
    Or to put it another way, he asked for no crap to be posted.

You're lucky in the abercrombie thread that the mods thought it was acceptable to slag a disabled girl. With your quotes, taking the p1ss out of her disability!

I hope it costs them an arm and a leg.

They should be made to shoulder some responsibility here, though she should have just said no.

After all there was no one twisting her arm

and did you point that out on the thread, or in feedback/helpdesk/pm?

I agreed with Jk's opinion in the thread, backed him up.

I pm'd and now i'm in feedback.

I agreed with Jk's opinion in the thread, backed him up.

you know better now, right?

you know better now, right?

What that i cant have a different opinion than mods on threads
    or
    That on some threads u can slag off disabled girls, air france victims, people that have died from cancer, but cant in others.

course you can have a different opinion than mods, the site would have no posters if that were the case. you can't argue with moderation on thread, do you understand that or don't you?

That on some threads u can slag off disabled girls, air france victims, people that have died from cancer, but cant in others.
    that one is true too, but it's so obvious it's very rarely mentioned. Come into Long Term Illness and make a joke about cancer, I dare ya :)

or
    Its ok to have a different opinion, its not ok to go against a moderation decision on thread.

You do realise you are not automatically given a right to post on Boards right. There is no freedom of speech. Whilst you are entitled to have an opinion, you post that opinion at the approval of the admins, via moderation by the mods.

There are two whle forums to handle your queries, Feedback and Help Desk. Discussing a moderation on thread, has never been, and as far as i can see will never be allowed.

Let me break it down for you Fink - here's the situation as I see it.

you were told by the mods that the thread was to be respectful. You could have complained in feedback or the helpdesk, or you could have asked the mods for a place to make jokes in another thread, but you didn't - you broke the golden rule of boards.ie and argued with moderators on thread. You got banned or a warning, and you're complaining about it. Is that about fair?

The point is Johnny K was banned for having an opinion that the mods didnt agree with.
    Hypocracy is the topic of this thread!!!
    Get back on topic :D:D

• Advertisement

The point is Johnny K was banned for having an opinion that the mods didnt agree with.

with respect, I don't think that's what happened :)

I thought Johnny_knocksville got banned for discussing a moderation decision on thread?

with respect, I don't think that's what happened :)

Yes it is!!!

Yes it is!!!

show me the post.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I thought Johnny_knocksville got banned for discussing a moderation decision on thread?

He got banned because he had a different view of the Pixar gesture.
    Mods decided they didnt like this opinion and he was banned.

show me the post.

Go read the thread!!! u know i'm right :D

with all due respect you have an idea in your head that what you've stated is true and no one is going to change that. I'm bowing out of this thread now as I don't see any point in us continuously telling you the truth. PM the mod who banned him and ask him why he was banned.

The Truth is out there!

Ok, here's what I see. Moderation Directions in Red (my emphasis)
    Rabies wrote: »
    Good work by Pixar.

If anyone throws in typical AH comments in to this thread I'll ban their ass. Try to have serious thread for once.

by the way, this is not an "opinion". This is an "instruction". Rabies also mods lolcaust, I can promise you there are waaaaay more bad-taste jokes than you'll see in AH. If you think that it's Rabies "Opinion" that bad-taste jokes should not be allowed anywhere on site, you're simply wrong.

J_K then said:
    Some awsome marketing. Im going to sit down and watch it with a nice COKE da da da da da im loving it!

Now, as I see it, that's a direct contradiction to the moderator instruction. Maybe if JK hadn't been so glib, and said something like "You know, I'm worried that this is a deliberate stunt by pixar blah blah blah" he might not have been banned. Otherwise, his options were to start a new thread (maybe in AH, maybe in New and Media, maybe in Humanities) looking at the question seriously, or not say anything at all..

He, for whatever reason, didn't, he made a smart arsed comment in a thread where the mods specifically asked people not to make smart assed comments. He therefore got banned.

"Anyone who says Jehovah will be stoned"
    "Jehovah"
    /Stoning commences
    "why are they stoning me?"

Quazzie wrote: »
    with all due respect you have an idea in your head that what you've stated is true and no one is going to change that. I'm bowing out of this thread now as I don't see any point in us continuously telling you the truth. PM the mod who banned him and ask him why he was banned.

The Truth is out there!

So i won the argument u mean!!!! knew i would. bye bye:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I can promise you there are waaaaay more bad-taste jokes than you'll see in AH.
    There are no bad taste jokes in Lolocaust, they just may not be to everyone's taste. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement