Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFTER HOURS DOUBLE STANDARDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

im sorry what is the point you are trying to make?

Either you're genuinely here three months, and already you're trying to tell the mods how to run their forum - which is weird

OR (and this is my preferred one)

you're a re-reg, you've been banned before, and so everything you say is tainted by that fact.

clear enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

tbh wrote: »
    Either you're genuinely here three months, and already you're trying to tell the mods how to run their forum - which is weird

you're a re-reg, you've been banned before, and so everything you say is tainted by that fact.

clear enough?

trying to tell the mods how to run their forum? not sure why you would think that. didnt know it was their forum, do we have to ask their permission to post in threads?

im a re-reg? why do you think that? any proof? im not by the way, but i dont see how that makes any difference to what happened in the pixar and air france threads and the double standards in AH.
    what you are saying now is the kind of thing a person says when they have nothing to add to an argument/debate.

does the fact that you mod the long term illness forum influence your stance on what happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

clear enough?

Get back on topic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I think you've met your match with these two teebs :D:p
    Does anyone have anything useful to add to this, erm, useful debate, or has it run its course?
    We could add some lolcats but otherwise I think its been overdone.

Quazzie wrote: »

teebs is an abusive insult. i think your supposed to get banned for stuff like that

edit* i guess u must have been reffering to 'tbh'. the lack of a coma got me on that one

• Advertisement

trying to tell the mods how to run their forum? not sure why you would think that.

From this quote:
    thread should have been moved to the humanties forum or somewhere else then.

Who are you, exactly, to tell the mods what they should have done?

im a re-reg? why do you think that? any proof? im not by the way, but i dont see how that makes any difference to what happened in the pixar and air france threads and the double standards in AH.

Didn't say you were, thought you might be. After ten years of AH and gazzillions of posts, it just strikes me as odd that you'd - after three months - start telling people what needs to happen.
    what you are saying now is the kind of thing a person says when they have nothing to add to an argument/debate.

you're entitled to your opinion, of course you are. I'm saying there is no debate. The mods made a call at the start of the thread, all those who didn't think the rules applied to them were banned. No argument exists, as far as I can see.
    does the fact that you mod the long term illness forum influence your stance on what happened?

think this quote from another thread should answer that question, which is a fair one:
    it's ironic that someone with an avatar of a character created by Matt stone and Trey parker should try to tell people that some subjects are not ok to laugh at.

Your brother has autism. What am I supposed to do? What is Windsock supposed to do? Should we never mention Autism again? Why don't we ask everyone to list the subjects they don't want discussed?

If you see ignorance, then point it out and make your case. Stop trying to get the subject banned or treated differently to every other subject just because it affects you personally.

Personally, I believe that anyone can talk about any subject any way they want. If I disagree with you, I'd rather do it on thread than try to shut you up. If you started a thread in feedback looking for support for open discussion on every topic in AH, I would have supported you. However, that's not what happened. You were told, by the mods, that they wanted the thread to take a certain tone - they are trusted by the admins to run AH, and if you don't like it, you don't post in AH. However, you were told not to do something, you did it, and you got banned. Open and shut.

In fairness to Kumate, he has a point, of sorts, it's just the wrong place and time to be discussing it.

teebs is an abusive insult. i think your supposed to get banned for stuff like that
    Teebs is a way of saying TBH. I think you'll find I don't throw personal abuse around.

Do feel free to report the post. I'm assuming being the expert you are, you are fully aware of how to do that.

Teebs is a way of saying TBH. I think you'll find I don't throw personal abuse around.

Do feel free to report the post. I'm assuming being the expert you are, you are fully aware of how to do that.

i noticed that after i posted. so you dont throw personal abuse?
    but u just did here: "I'm assuming being the expert you are, you are fully aware of how to do that."

u just shot yourself in the foot

edit* i guess u must have been reffering to 'tbh'. the lack of a coma got me on that one

you're such a teeb ;) I like it!

• Advertisement

"thread should have been moved to the humanties forum or somewhere else then."

yes, that is normal procedure. many people agree with that statement. if its not an AH thread it doesnt belong in AH. simple.

yes, that is normal procedure. many people agree with that statement. if its not an AH thread it doesnt belong in AH. simple.

it's not your call to make, that's the whole point. If you don't like it, don't post there. What you can't do is decide you're going to do it anyway, then whinge when you get called on it.

i noticed that after i posted. so you dont throw personal abuse?
    but u just did here: "I'm assuming being the expert you are, you are fully aware of how to do that."

u just shot yourself in the foot
    D'oh!

Exactly and asking people not to make typical AH comments in AH is just daft.

it's not your call to make, that's the whole point. If you don't like it, don't post there. What you can't do is decide you're going to do it anyway, then whinge when you get called on it.

yes i dont like it. and i wont be returning to AH if the mods cant do their job right. i dont want to have to worry if i make a joke about something that ill get banned.

i did not obey an invaild warning. surely the fact that this thread exists is a sign that the warning was invalid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

This is why the kids shouldn't be allowed school holidays

yes i dont like it. and i wont be returning to AH if the mods cant do their job right. i dont want to have to worry if i make a joke about something that ill get banned.

I'd respect that. If you don't agree with the forum mods, then just don't post there. In fairness tho, AH was going long before you got here, will probably be going long after you leave and continues to be the most popular forum on the site. If 500+ people a day post there and don't have a problem, then maybe the problem is with you. If you don't want to change your behavior to "fit in" then absolutely - don't post there. And also, if there had been no warning on thread and you'd been banned, I'd be behind you 100%. That wasn't the case tho, you were told not to make jokes, you made a joke....what would you have done, if you were mod?
    i did not obey an invaild warning. surely the fact that this thread exists is a sign that the warning was invalid?

Again, you don't get to decide what's valid and what's not. I don't really follow your logic on the second sentence there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

The Mod Rabies said he would ban anyone posting AH crap in the thread.

so why was it kept in after hours then? thats kinda your own fault there batman
    like newspapes wouldnt try capitalise on a missing Maddie or a dying Jade Goodie. Im not sure i have faith in corporate morals. But i hope you are right.
    The thread had nothing to do with either.
    So you were off topic there.

how do you not get that? do you not get that it might have been another example of a media company trying to get exposure out of tragedy? which is on topic.

how are you a mod? straight off the bat that just rings of awful moderating with a completely skewed view of things.
    i suppose you have licked the right asses though judging by the various private forums and of course the "my 1 year anniversary on boards / everyone is soo super great" thread.

this site is a tad sickening at times

Jazzy wrote: »

and yet here you are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Glib trolls?

or Gibbs trolls?

• Advertisement

how do you not get that? do you not get that it might have been another example of a media company trying to get exposure out of tragedy? which is on topic.

how are you a mod? straight off the bat that just rings of awful moderating with a completely skewed view of things.
    i suppose you have licked the right asses though judging by the various private forums and of course the "my 1 year anniversary on boards / everyone is soo super great" thread.

It should be pointed out that sharpshooter was not a mod of AH at the time all this kicked off, or even when they made those posts in this thread, they were only made a mod of that forum this morning so they had no hand or say in the modding in any of this.

Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

She only started today.
    Give her a week before jumping to conclusions about her modding abilities.

At the end of the day, you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Things didn't go your way?
    Welcome to life.

WWM, I think we're done here.

can the mods answer me this..

They held their hands up and said the made a mistake with Air France thread...grand

but there are people since I got banned making the same point I did none of them have been banned, have the mods changed their minds again like they did with the Air France thread?

I see the mods have ignored this!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I see the mods have ignored this!
    Yes.

Terry wrote: »
    Yes.

Hmmm i wonder why.

Hmmm i wonder why.
    You forget the question mark. Maybe thats because in your own head you've already answered the question and no one is going to change that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Terry wrote: »
    She only started today.
    Give her a week before jumping to conclusions about her modding abilities.
    ill jump to a conclusion now and say that the only reason she is a mod now is because shes popular.
    just how am i meant to take any mods even remotely seriously if they are only mods on merit of popularity / strength of wrists. there are mods on this site i know in real life who are the last ppl i would have ever given the slightest bit of authority but are mods here because they kissed the right ass.
    terry wrote:
    Things didn't go your way?
    Welcome to life.

what is that meant to mean in context to this thread? random spoutings about how im meant to take unfair decisions on the chin or something? in that case, who the f**k are you to be telling me that?

You forget the question mark. Maybe thats because in your own head you've already answered the question and no one is going to change that.

Sure why would i change my mind when i know i'm right. Mods cant even answer Johnny K's question because they know they're guilty of hypocracy and double standards.

• Advertisement

ill jump to a conclusion now and say that the only reason she is a mod now is because shes popular.
    just how am i meant to take any mods even remotely seriously if they are only mods on merit of popularity / strength of wrists. there are mods on this site i know in real life who are the last ppl i would have ever given the slightest bit of authority but are mods here because they kissed the right ass.

Why it almost sounds like you are suggesting some kind of mod conspiracy, what an original and thought-provoking idea. Oh wait, no, it's not, it's the same old weightless line users throw about to have a go at mods (all 600 odd of them) when they're throwing a tantrum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement