Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFTER HOURS DOUBLE STANDARDS

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

orestes wrote: »
    Why it almost sounds like you are suggesting some kind of mod conspiracy, what an original and thought-provoking idea. Oh wait, no, it's not, it's the same old weightless line users throw about to have a go at mods (all 600 odd of them) when they're throwing a tantrum.

hows the sex life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Sure why would i change my mind when i know i'm right. Mods cant even answer Johnny K's question because they know they're guilty of hypocracy and double standards.

you should probably pay attention to the fact that everyone is just ignoring you now. Bye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Jazzy wrote: »
    hows the sex life?
    QFT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

hows the sex life?

/ticks another one off the cliche checklist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

tbh wrote: »
    you should probably pay attention to the fact that everyone is just ignoring you now. Bye :)

haha but evidently you cant!!! thanks for the reply. big kiss xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

so why was it kept in after hours then? thats kinda your own fault there batman

how do you not get that? do you not get that it might have been another example of a media company trying to get exposure out of tragedy? which is on topic.

how are you a mod? straight off the bat that just rings of awful moderating with a completely skewed view of things.
    i suppose you have licked the right asses though judging by the various private forums and of course the "my 1 year anniversary on boards / everyone is soo super great" thread.

this site is a tad sickening at times
    This entire fiasco is because some users simply act like children. By posting the above, you've shown that you're no better. Lead by example and you'll make more of an impression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I'd respect that. If you don't agree with the forum mods, then just don't post there. In fairness tho, AH was going long before you got here, will probably be going long after you leave and continues to be the most popular forum on the site. If 500+ people a day post there and don't have a problem, then maybe the problem is with you. If you don't want to change your behavior to "fit in" then absolutely - don't post there. And also, if there had been no warning on thread and you'd been banned, I'd be behind you 100%. That wasn't the case tho, you were told not to make jokes, you made a joke....what would you have done, if you were mod?

Again, you don't get to decide what's valid and what's not. I don't really follow your logic on the second sentence there.
    what would you have done, if you were mod?
    if i was mod i would have moved the thread to where it belongs or allowed people to critique it and not just have a 1 sided thread.
    i also would have laughed at the funny joke.

by 'fit in' do you mean ignore bad modding? ive lasted 3 months, i havent posted in the feedback forum up untill now.

your "500+ people a day post there and don't have a problem" has no merit.
    how many countries voted yes to the lisbon treaty? does that mean we should leave the EU?

what would you have done, if you were mod?

If I issue a warning on thread, and it's ignored, I ban the user.
    by 'fit in' do you mean ignore bad modding? ive lasted 3 months, i havent posted in the feedback forum up untill now.

you call it bad modding, everyone else seems to be ok with it.
    your "500+ people a day post there and don't have a problem" has no merit.
    how many countries voted yes to the lisbon treaty? does that mean we should leave the EU?

eh....ok?

eh....ok?

If everyone else want ok with it why is there a thread here about it, there's plenty of people who dont agree with it.

eh....ok?

"you call it bad modding, everyone else seems to be ok with it."

so why is this thread here?

you couldnt answer the last question could you?

• Advertisement

"you call it bad modding, everyone else seems to be ok with it."

so why is this thread here?

you couldnt answer the last question could you?

I didn't understand it, to be honest.

This thread is here because three people - ok, let's say two and a half people - out of all the people on the thread couldn't follow the rules and got banned. you are of course perfectly free to start a feedback thread. I could start a thread complaining about the avatar sizes, but just because I start a thread, it doesn't mean that it's a valid complaint. I could ask you - if the AH mods are so bad, how come they are still AH mods? What I suggest you do is ask people to refrain from posting in AH if they feel you were treated unfairly - see how much support you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Yeah seems like the Mods are ignoring the last two post were I asked questions.

orestes wrote: »
    /ticks another one off the cliche checklist

skynet by the balls...

thing is, there is no "mod conspiracy" as you put (using the most paranoid term there possible to describe what i was saying. nice), its just your basic gang. as terry said, this is "life" and as such gang type behaviour goes on from school all the way to the Dail and who says that boards is any different? mods do get chosen more or less based on popularity and who likes them rather then actual ability.. i dunno actually, terry said once that he wasnt here to make friends. so instead of giving it to ppl that are popular you are going to make ppl that actively seek control and authoritah the ability to mod? do u see wat could be wrong with this?
    your actually getting jerked in real life by an admin though so wat does it matter to you? as long as you go by that ever changing line and follow the trend then its a-ok.
    humanji wrote:
    Lead by example and you'll make more of an impression.

not on this site.. as the recent leadership decisions have definitely shown

This thread is here because three people - ok, let's say two and a half people - out of all the people on the thread couldn't follow the rules and got banned. I could ask you - if the AH mods are so bad, how come they are still AH mods?

i could ask you why Kim Il-sung is still leader of north korea. i know thats a bit extreme but i could show many other examples. look at GM in america. bad management eventually caught up but everyone was fine with it for years

no mod here has the balls to admit that there was a cock up with the pixar thread. im sure it will effect how other similar threads are handled ie. moved to their relevant forums

now i must catch a train. i dont expect any change here but theres a black president in america so anything can happen

This thread is here because three people - ok, let's say two and a half people - out of all the people on the thread couldn't follow the rules and got banned. you are of course perfectly free to start a feedback thread. I could start a thread complaining about the avatar sizes, but just because I start a thread, it doesn't mean that it's a valid complaint. I could ask you - if the AH mods are so bad, how come they are still AH mods? What I suggest you do is ask people to refrain from posting in AH if they feel you were treated unfairly - see how much support you get.

The fact that the mods are ignoring the valid questions put to them shows how valid the complaint was, they cant even answer coz they know they were wrong and dont have an argument.

i could ask you why Kim Il-sung is still leader of north korea. i know thats a bit extreme but i could show many other examples. look at GM in america. run to the ground.

It's extreme, it's also totally irrelevant. People have a choice to post in AH or anywhere else on the internet. If the AH mods were nazis, people simply wouldn't post there, they'd go somewhere else.

no one pointed out any rules about making a sarcastic comment on marketing. I made a point, said nothing about the deceased child. I made a valid point. You lot keep telling me I was banned for my initial comment then why wasnt I banned straight away??? I WASN'T!!! I was banned later on for "Trolling", when I wasn't. I was explaining a valid point.

And why have people since who have made similar statement in the same thread not been banned?

it seems to me there are other Moderators who don't seem to agree with your stance on it and the Thanks seems to confirm a lot of the AH member don't agree with the way the moderators handled it.

it seems to me there are other Moderators who don't seem to agree with your stance on it and the Thanks seems to confirm a lot of the AH member don't agree with the way the moderators handled it.

so? The opinions that matter are those of the AH mods. I'll say it again: Why don't you ask all the posters on boards who think you were treated unfairly to go on an AH-posting strike? The admins will see the traffic dropping and they'll replace the mods.

so? The opinions that matter are those of the AH mods. I'll say it again: Why don't you ask all the posters on boards who think you were treated unfairly to go on an AH-posting strike? The admins will see the traffic dropping and they'll replace the mods.

How very democratic

pedantic and unrealistic. come off it.

its amazing how a lot of mods just pick and choose what they 'get'
    the mod(s) made a bit of a balls up it seems and arent able to really look past an individual and a thread to do the right thing. a good mod would be able to do this... hang on, how were they hired again? oh, right... they are 'volunteers' (best possible word innit)

• Advertisement

comments like that in AH would get you banned my friend, thats just a heads up....

thats it keep avoiding the question... at this rate you might make a politian.

comments like that in AH would get you banned my friend, thats just a heads up....
    why? I'm OK for the heads-up, btw, I don't post in AH, and If I get banned, I get banned.
    thats it keep avoiding the question... at this rate you might make a politian.
    what question?

why? I'm OK for the heads-up, btw, I don't post in AH, and If I get banned, I get banned.

what question?

post 198......as asked before.

what question?

stop trolling

what question?

So basically u dont know what your talking about.

post 198......as asked before.

oh sorry, I didn't realise you were directing that at me. The straight answer is, I don't know - I'm not an AH mod.

I thought we were discussing your issue tho, what happened to others isn't relevant. Now that I've answered your question, maybe you'd answer mine?
    what did I say that would get me banned from AH?

stop trolling

bite me ;)

oh sorry, I didn't realise you were directing that at me. The straight answer is, I don't know - I'm not an AH mod.

I thought we were discussing your issue tho, what happened to others isn't relevant. Now that I've answered your question, maybe you'd answer mine?

So i was right, u spent all this time arguing yet the straight answer is you dont know what your on about!!!
    Finally u admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Every forums on this site has it's regulars and it's long term contributours who have helped make the the forums what they are and shock horror surprise sometimes they get more leeway then a person who has just joined up or one who has never posted in the forum before. It is the exact same interpersonal bias we all have anduse when dealing with people in real life.

IF this is being abused then report it case by case post by post when it happens and if it's not dealt with after a certain ammount of reported posts then start a helpdesk thread and reference the posts, if a mod or group of mods are out of line then it will get looked at and they will be dealt with by the admins.

Yes at times all mods have posters in thier forums who's posts irratate the snot out of us
    on a personal level and that is when we have to let our co mods deal with them and all mods have personal bugbears when it comes to certain topics and again we have to excerise a level of control.

At times making jusdgement calls on threads can be tricky and hindsigth is 20 20 vision esp when you mod a high traffic forum and the focus and mood of a thread can alter swiftly with the next 20 posts all of which were posted in the last 3 mins and the thread gets trashed or derailed and the call you made 7 mins ago not to lock a thread has to be re considered and reversed ( which good mods will do ) such is the nature of boards.ie someday.

• Advertisement

I'm not answering any questions since Terry and the rest of the AH Mods refused to address my questions...

You can't give me answers since your not an AH Mod and you already said you don't post in AH so whats the point?

I think I have my answers by their obvious inability to answer it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement