Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFTER HOURS DOUBLE STANDARDS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

orestes wrote: »
    Should I dumb myself down or something in order to understand this discussion?

actually i think you need to do the opposite

*previous post i made without the text highlighted that i was replying to*
    Terry wrote: »
    You want democracy?
    How about I start a thread in Ah and ask users if they want you permanently banned?
    how about someone starts a thread asking if its ok for mods to get drunk while modding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

are you not part of this debate? are you not a mod? put the 2 together, its really that simple.

The forums I mod have nothing to do with this debate whatsoever. I am a user like any other outside of those 3 forums (unless the moderation of any of the forums I mod is in question either here or in the help desk in which case I will respond in an "official" capacity), which means that in this debate I am as much of a mod as you are.

Repeat after me: there is no mod conpiracy

they seem to think its only 2.5 people. why?, i have no idea

But hang on, one of those people in the list is a mod, if the mods have lost the debate does that mean it's a stale-mate?
    actually i think you need to do the opposite

So exactly what level of smart would be appropriate? Now I'm being told I'm too smart and not smart enough at the same time. Am I rainman?

/books tickets to Vegas
    how about someone starts a thread asking if its ok for mods to get drunk while modding?

Should mods have breathalisers fitted to our computers or something? Is there some kind of employee codes and practices contract mods sign? I would imagine the number of mods who have never performed a mod action on here while drunk would be very low indeed

The forums I mod have nothing to do with this debate whatsoever. I am a user like any other outside of those 3 forums (unless the moderation of any of the forums I mod is in question either here or in the help desk in which case I will respond in an "official" capacity), which means that in this debate I am as much of a mod as you are.

Repeat after me: there is no mod conpiracy

who mentioned a conspiracy?

• Advertisement

who mentioned a conspiracy?

Referring to all mods as being on the same side of a debate and having the same agenda (particularly when it involves "oppressing users" or whatever) implies there is a conspiracy of mods to keep the unwashed masses, an arguement so done to death at this point that the phrase "mod conspiracy" has become the stock phrase for such arguements since it has been done to death and has never been found to hold weight

But hang on, one of those people in the list is a mod, if the mods have lost the debate does that mean it's a stale-mate?

So exactly what level of smart would be appropriate? Now I'm being told I'm too smart and not smart enough at the same time. Am I rainman?

/books tickets to Vegas

Should mods have breathalisers fitted to our computers or something? Is there some kind of employee codes and practices contract mods sign? I would imagine the number of mods who have never performed a mod action on here while drunk would be very low indeed

less smartass might help but unfortunately you cant increase intelligence.

unfortunately you cant increase intelligence.

Evidently

Referring to all mods as being on the same side of a debate and having the same agenda (particularly when it involves "oppressing users" or whatever) implies there is a conspiracy of mods to keep the unwashed masses, an arguement so done to death at this point that the phrase "mod conspiracy" sums up the general idea and paradigm since it has been done to death and has never been found to hold weight

sure. now if you would like to point out where i said any of that?

i said the thread was handled wrong.

the only thing ive learned is that most of you guys get drunk while modding.

Evidently

yes, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Advertisement

sure. now if you would like to point out where i said any of that?
    debatable perhaps but you mods lost the debate.

Are we done now?

Are we done now?

is that it? thats what you are basing it on?
    wow..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Should I dumb myself down or something in order to understand this discussion?
    your validating my point.rather then answer the points i raised your just poking fun and playing on words.stop being so cheeky.answer the questions posed or leave the thread

is that it? thats what you are basing it on?
    wow..
    your validating my point.rather then answer the points i raised your just poking fun and playing on words.stop being so cheeky.answer the questions posed or leave the thread

Hang on, it is somehow my fault that your arguements can so easily be picked apart using basic logic?
    wow..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Now that we are reduced to petty tit for tat point scoring, and not actually adressing anything, has anyone got anything interesting to add?

Otherwise, I think I will probably stop reading this thread and whoever wants can continue to rant and rave while no one listens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Hang on, it is somehow my fault that your arguements can so easily be picked apart using basic logic?
    wow..
    picked apart how???????????? you havnt answered anything

wow..

basic logic?
    your logic is held together by sellotape that has too much finger grease on it

Now that we are reduced to petty tit for tat point scoring, and not actually adressing anything, has anyone got anything interesting to add?

Otherwise, I think I will probably stop reading this thread and whoever wants can continue to rant and rave while no one listens.

questions havent been answered.

what questions?

what questions?

have you been reading this thread?

• Advertisement

What questions.

Ask them and I will answer them.

on the pixar thread from yday: sharpshooter " BlackWizard your post has been deleted. Please heed the warnings on this thread regarding trolling. "

so my banning was wrong? my post should have just been deleted?
    how exactly is that thread being moderated?

*edit* javaboy's post got thanked by dr bolocko and sharpshooter. so they agree that a post deletion is better than a banning in the pixar thread?

Then PM whoever banned you and ask them the question.

Then PM whoever banned you and ask them the question.
    the mod that banned me had been posting in/reading this fourm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Holy ****. I got to bed and come back to 5 pages of chat room posts

i could ask you why Kim Il-sung is still leader of north korea. i know thats a bit extreme but i could show many other examples. look at GM in america. bad management eventually caught up but everyone was fine with it for years

no mod here has the balls to admit that there was a cock up with the pixar thread. im sure it will effect how other similar threads are handled ie. moved to their relevant forums

now i must catch a train. i dont expect any change here but theres a black president in america so anything can happen
    No cock up. I set the tone to the thread. People complain about threads getting ruined, I moved to sort that out. If it was normal light hearted thread then there would have been no comment from me.
    The fact that the mods are ignoring the valid questions put to them shows how valid the complaint was, they cant even answer coz they know they were wrong and dont have an argument.
    I have answered a few times and stated that I was not wrong and stand by it. If my peers judge me to be wrong then take the AH tag off under my name.
    I think that has been asked before. But that isn't an issue here.
    is there a list of typical AH comments i can see so i know which comments not to make?
    My shaven monkeys type that out after the entire works of Shakespeare. Might take a while. But really it can be condensed to common sense.

This thread has run its course.

Then I would suggest that they feel your ban should stay. As I said, if you have something else to offer them such as somone else getting their post deleted instead, you might ask if that can apply to you instead of the ban.

You can rant and rave about the unfairness in life, but I find that a simple Pm might prove more useful to you.

Rabies wrote: »

No cock up. I set the tone to the thread. People complain about threads getting ruined, I moved to sort that out.

why didnt you ban "BlackWizard"

Possibly missed that one.
    I'm not hooked up 24/7.

Link?

kumate champ07 it seems like your history on AH is nothing but low level trolling. You contribute well to the fitness forum and a couple of other forums but when it comes to AH you seem to have an axe to grind.

After posts like this why in gods names should the AH mods have to answer to you?

• Advertisement

BlackWizard's post at 5:17pm yesterday was deleted by Sharpshooter

his comment was
    Did anyone else lol at that story?

Action was taken. Not by me. I'd prob have banned him because that is what I set at the start of the thread.

Sharpsooter has given another on thread warning. If anyone steps out of line again and I see it then I'll ban for more than 10 days. No excuse for stupidity at this stage in thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement