Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned unfairly from after hours

Options
  • 20-06-2009 2:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭

outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt use foul language.
    didnt abuse any body personnally.

the double standards in after hours are disgusting.i bumped the down syndrome thread as an example. people took the piss out of a handicapped kid (mods included) for the whole thread. the air france thread was a pun contest even after a poster declared her cousin was on the plane.jade goody had her name and character absolutely torn asunder in a crass fashion on here.

i have been banned in the past for holding these clowns to task and calling them ***** or pricks etc. i took my bans on the chin.today i posted in their lovey dovey thread in the same way they always do although i made sure not to curse or abuse any one personnally
    some posters agreed with me and i still get banned.

either its questions and answers or never mind the buzzcocks...........make up your mind.

a permanent ban is a disgrace. the stuff you let people away with on a daily basis and i get banned forever for this.POWER TRIP

for what its worth i started a thread in helpdesk about two weeks ago calling for a serious equivalent to after hours because of my discontent with the AH content.
    i was told to go to other forums for serious discussion.
    i was told this type of post was par for the course in AH
    i was told AH was humourous

well now im posting under YOUR criteria and you still dont like it.

i look forward to your correspondance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

You had a point about double standards of the moderation in After Hours. Possibly a valid point. That is neither here nor there. The way you went about raising your point was trolling.

There was a clear cut warning about not posting some of the typical AH posts. It was very early on. You were aware of it. You persisted in posting trollish comments like "I hope she goes to hell". I know the point you were trying to make. The way you went about it was all wrong and earned you a ban.

As for it being a permanent ban. This was your 6th ban from After Hours since February which explains why it was permanent. Had that not been the case, your ban would not be permanent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

can i also state for the record.(i have looked at the thread while logged out). you seem to think that me and d.r adams are the same bloke. we are not he is a work colleague. i use my work/ kildare address to post. he uses his dundalk/this address to post. check the ip addresses.i texted him and asked him to see what he thought of the thread. he is my mate he backed me up,but we are not the same person.pm him for info if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

can i also state for the record.(i have looked at the thread while logged out). you seem to think that me and d.r adams are the same bloke. we are not he is a work colleague. i use my work/ kildare address to post. he uses his dundalk/this address to post. check the ip addresses.i texted him and asked him to see what he thought of the thread. he is my mate he backed me up,but we are not the same person.pm him for info if you want

Grand. I may have jumped the gun on that one. Give me a few minutes on that.

EDIT: d.r adams ban lifted. Apologies for that. I'll drop him a PM now.

javaboy wrote: »
    Grand. I may have jumped the gun on that one. Give me a few minutes on that.

EDIT: d.r adams ban lifted. Apologies for that. I'll drop him a PM now.

much appreciated.thank you

javaboy wrote: »
    You had a point about double standards of the moderation in After Hours. Possibly a valid point. That is neither here nor there. The way you went about raising your point was trolling.

There was a clear cut warning about not posting some of the typical AH posts. It was very early on. You were aware of it. You persisted in posting trollish comments like "I hope she goes to hell". I know the point you were trying to make. The way you went about it was all wrong and earned you a ban.

As for it being a permanent ban. This was your 6th ban from After Hours since February which explains why it was permanent. Had that not been the case, your ban would not be permanent.
    most/if not all of my bannings were for taking issue with the pun makers and piss takers.thats my gripe.i want to contribute in a positve way.in the air france thread some guy made a pun about the plane,i pulled him up on it. he retaliated.so i said " i hope someone you love dies". i got banned. these guys are the problem.not me.i like serious discussion as much as the next man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If you believe that when YOU say "I hope someone you love dies" it's because someone else made you and they're the problem, that tells me you'll never recognise the validity of any punitive action taken against you.

If you believe that when YOU say "I hope someone you love dies" it's because someone else made you and they're the problem, that tells me you'll never recognise the validity of any punitive action taken against you.
    well what happens next??
    is there no mediation or somebody higher up then javaboy to give a final say. i genuinely feel i got dealt a bad hand here.some posters agree with me.some guy just started a thread about how he hopes margeret thatcher dies in pain and how he will celebrate her death. the thread is over 5 pages long.it has not been deleted nor has he been banned.

6 of 1 ,half a dozen of the other no????????

why is he let off but im banned for life

well what happens next??
    is there no mediation or somebody higher up then javaboy to give a final say. i genuinely feel i got dealt a bad hand here.some posters agree with me.some guy just started a thread about how he hopes margeret thatcher dies in pain and how he will celebrate her death. the thread is over 5 pages long.it has not been deleted nor has he been banned.

6 of 1 ,half a dozen of the other no????????

why is he let off but im banned for life

Yes, there is someone higher up than javaboy to give a final say.

Me.

There are two things at play here - one is the cumulative effect of your behaviour in After Hours over time. The other is your behaviour on a thread that had a clear warning, on its first page, about how people should behave.

If you had been able to behave yourself on an ongoing basis, you would not now be banned from After Hours permanently. Your contribution to the Pixar thread would have resulted in some punitive action, but it's the very fact of your repeated bannings that means you're now out for good.

I would consider the history behind any ban where the user argued they were just trying to make a point about pun makers and piss takers, but the fact is you have been banned over and over again and you just never seem to get the message. If you want to contribute in a positive way, you should have been on Feedback five bans ago, raising your points there for consideration.

I don't believe there to be any merit in me overturning your ban, and saying to the After Hours moderators that they need to continue to deal with your trolling and dragging threads off topic until it comes time to ban you yet again because you should have one more chance.

As for six of one and half a dozen of the other, you're dead right. It's six bans since February and half a dozen bans from After Hours.

I see absolutely no reason to let you back on the forum just so you can make it seven.

Yes, there is someone higher up than javaboy to give a final say.

Me.

There are two things at play here - one is the cumulative effect of your behaviour in After Hours over time. The other is your behaviour on a thread that had a clear warning, on its first page, about how people should behave.

If you had been able to behave yourself on an ongoing basis, you would not now be banned from After Hours permanently. Your contribution to the Pixar thread would have resulted in some punitive action, but it's the very fact of your repeated bannings that means you're now out for good.

I would consider the history behind any ban where the user argued they were just trying to make a point about pun makers and piss takers, but the fact is you have been banned over and over again and you just never seem to get the message. If you want to contribute in a positive way, you should have been on Feedback five bans ago, raising your points there for consideration.

I don't believe there to be any merit in me overturning your ban, and saying to the After Hours moderators that they need to continue to deal with your trolling and dragging threads off topic until it comes time to ban you yet again because you should have one more chance.

As for six of one and half a dozen of the other, you're dead right. It's six bans since February and half a dozen bans from After Hours.

I see absolutely no reason to let you back on the forum just so you can make it seven.
    i did raise the issue in here already!!!!!!2 bans ago.
    also you are validating my point exactly......why wasnt there a warning on the first page of the air france thread telling people to tread carefully. so the dead girl in this thread gets respected but the dead on the plane dont. i think your completely missing my argument.

also another poster raised a help desk thread (not coerced by me) regarding my treatment in that thread. the mods are conspicuous in their absence in that help desk thread.my point is that when any thread is started ,why isnt the respect caveat on page one??? or is it only when the thread pulls at rabies( the mod in question) heart strings.

i dont think your answer is sufficient. my bannings aside and treating this case on its individual merit..........i have been shafted

i dont want to make it seven. i want it modded consistently. how are we to know when respect for the dead applies/doesnt apply.

did the margret thatcher guy get banned yet????????????he wished her dead. or does it have to be a little girl to die before the masses become virtuous. read the thread.people agree with me

• Advertisement

I don't care who agrees with you.

People may agree that you have a point on the Pixar thread, but the problem isn't just that thread.

It's that this is the sixth time you've been banned in less than that number of months for doing precisely the same thing.

How many times do you have to do the same thing over and over before you'll realise that the outcome isn't going to be any different?

I don't care who agrees with you.

People may agree that you have a point on the Pixar thread, but the problem isn't just that thread.

It's that this is the sixth time you've been banned in less than that number of months for doing precisely the same thing.

How many times do you have to do the same thing over and over before you'll realise that the outcome isn't going to be any different?
    but if you look back through the bannings i was taking issue with people who should have been banned for what THEY said in the threads. the mods let them off the hook etc and i might end up calling them a **** etc.

this is COMPLETELY different.i am posting the exact same way that all of them post every other day and i have been singled out.look at the margaret thatcher thread. the otto baxter thread. the jade goody thread.the air france thread. whats the difference between my comments and theirs.NOTHING

Advertisement