Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VPN Draytek vigor

• 20-06-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Basically im trying to set up a vpn from another pc, connecting to my lan here via an o2 broadband modem, which is then connected to the internet using a draytek vigor 2910 via another o2 broadband connection, now at the moment i have the 2 pcs beside each other, both are connected to the internet on 2 different modems with 2 different ip addresses, For some reason I cant ping one address from the other? Can anyone explain this? maybe its something to do with O2? Nat or something?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

I think if you seach previous threads here I think you'll find that your not the first one to try this and fail. Its not just ping I think the VPN protocols will be blocked coming through O2's routers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

Have discovered that for some reason unknown to me, O2 block traffic between 2of their own ip addresses, found somebody over on talk 2o2 that was having the saame troubles as me but he found it worked perfect from any other ISP, O2 tech supported claim it to be some legacy system causing it.,...

Thanks

Advertisement