Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower me with the good stuff

Options
  • 20-06-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Ive always liked classical music but now that ive a bit more time on my hands im really listening it, i really have a passion for great ones that send shivers down your spine, and take your breath away, real passionate stuff, even 'music from the gods' adagio for strings, or with lisa gerrards vocals like the song from gladiator, these are the kind of songs im looking for,

I need epic stuff here
    Can you folks help me compile beautiful music like this please :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

You should pick up Kiri te Kanawa's Maori songs album from a few years ago. She sings with local Maori choirs who sing the simple basic rhythms, and she (with her fantastic voice and control) decorates the notes wonderfully. Not everyone's cup of tea, but well worth a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV88zD55_zc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Epic imo, thought maybe not what you're looking for

Last of the Mohicans soundtrack rocks

That's the main theme but is different stuff on the sountrack too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Listen to my podcast :)

I try to cover as broad a range of stuff as possible, and everything I talk about is available for free online.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

For a random selection of music to dabble in, try our A - Z list: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055171876

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Oh my god, where would you start?! There's just so much.....

Just listen to the 1st three minutes of this:

The passion in that....the raw intensity of the the music....when the cello plays the main theme at around 2.25.... it NEVER fails to give me goosebumps on the back of my neck. Fantastic music.

Listen to this whole concerto if you can:

I can't heap enough praise on this music. Simply wonderful, wonderful music.

god....I'm running through loads of things on youtube... Britten's cello suite, brahms piano concerto no. 2, some Kodaly, more Rachmaninov, Scriabin, Debussy, Faure, Medtner, Schumann, Beethoven, Bach....Jesus I hate when I get side tracked on youtube, I lose my whole day! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭p to the e

Would second the suggestion for "The Last of tghe Mohicans" soundtrack.
    Also try "The Mission" soundtrack by Ennio Morricone

Advertisement