Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property in Knightsbrook, Trim

Options
  • 20-06-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Im interested in buying property in Knightsbrook, Trim and would appreciate any comments (positive and negative) on the experiences of people who have bought property in the area. I've also heard that with the recession the future of the hotel and golf club is not secure. Does anyone have any information on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gustavine

I've also heard that with the recession the future of the hotel and golf club is not secure. Does anyone have any information on this?

You have heard this doesn't mean it is true though does it? Is it the houses your interested in or is it the hotel that your after information? Would it matter to you if the hotel/golf club was open/closed because your buying a house? Not to me it wouldn't unless I was after a membership?!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Are you interested in a property or a home?

If it's property then I've no idea what it's like, but if it's a home, then you won't go too far wrong in Trim in general. The houses up there are well built and it's a nice part of town - albeit on the outskirts. The town itself has lots to offer with a very good quality of life. Good schools, good roads, good facilities, good pubs, good food and of course, Marcie's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mabawza

Im interested in buying property in Knightsbrook, Trim and would appreciate any comments (positive and negative) on the experiences of people who have bought property in the area. I've also heard that with the recession the future of the hotel and golf club is not secure. Does anyone have any information on this?

The Golf resort and hotel went into receivership around Xmas.

Under new ownership now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gustavine

Mabawza wrote: »

Under new ownership now.

???????
    where did you hear this?
    and what new management? if so and it is just something im missing
    out on- why are they still operating as Cusack Group if its under new management.:confused:

I fing it hard that the people from Trim and staff aren't aware of this but someone from Enfield is???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Mabawza wrote: »

Under new ownership now.

Where does this rubbish come from??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mabawza

gustavine wrote: »
    ???????
    where did you hear this?
    and what new management? if so and it is just something im missing
    out on- why are they still operating as Cusack Group if its under new management.:confused:

I fing it hard that the people from Trim and staff aren't aware of this but someone from Enfield is???:confused:

edit.........

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pazza

Hey Rita - bought in Knightsbrook myself and have been there over a year now. Have to say that we are very happy there (we know we bought at the peak - but this is our home). As a preceding comment made, depends what you are looking for - if its a home, I would defo recommend Knightsbrook and Trim for that matter. Deal direct with the builders (i.e. not through the agent) - we went through the agent, but sopmeone else told us that we should have gone to the builders direct. I have to say the quality of the houses is excellent, and that the site foreman has been a great help (I had some bad expereicnes in other previous house purchase). Cusacks seem fairly reputable etc. I don't know the story with the hotel - than it is great for lunches, very handy to be beside (if a little pricey). The golf course is really nice (don't get to play enough through). There are some lovely walks from there down by the river, and of course there is Marcies - what a brilliant local to have. All in all we have to say that have really enjoyed re-settling in Trim and Knightsbrook and would not hesitate to recommend. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rita Property

Its a home i am looking for but the facilities of the Golf club and Leisure Centre would be a deciding factor in Knightsbrook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rita Property

Thank you for your comments.I have a16 year old daughter and would be interested to know if there are other teenagers in the area. I have a husband who likes to play golf and i am trying to find a home that has something to keep them all happy

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pazza

Its a home i am looking for but the facilities of the Golf club and Leisure Centre would be a deciding factor in Knightsbrook
    Thank you for your comments.I have a16 year old daughter and would be interested to know if there are other teenagers in the area. I have a husband who likes to play golf and i am trying to find a home that has something to keep them all happy

Rita - the golf course is excellent (IMO) - haven;t really got too involved in the club tough, although they seem nice enough there. The Leisure centre is also very handy, nice to be able to walk around for a swim or some exercise - there are some busy times during the week when some other sports clubs are there, but generally it is nice and handy. Don;t really know the story with the teenagers about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement