Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I worry

• 20-06-2009 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

Here goes
    I applied to a university in Scotland through UCAS, they contacted me shortly afterwards to ask would I like to come over for an interview. At the time my chances of getting into any university where incrediblely slim so I asked would it be worth my while (ie had I any hope whatsoever)
    The course head called me back and said that she had checked out my references etc and said she had decided that they would give me an offer if I completed a short Open university course and to contact them when I was enrolled for it.
    So a few weeks later I was enrolled on this course and e-mailed them to let them know they could now send and offer to me through UCAS, I was told that the admissions officer would be away on leave until after the deadline and that she would arrange an offer for me then.
    The deadline for them to make a decision passed and the deadline for me to make a decision was getting near so I called them up they knew I was enrolled on the OU course and the admissions officer was very friendly and seemed happy to hear from me, she said they would work on arranging an offer for me and that it should come up on UCAS track soon.
    Nothing happened and my deadline is now passed, so I got even more worried and rang her again last week she said that she would check with the IT department and see what the story was and email me. She said when I accept the offer she will then be in a position to send me details on accomadation and the local area etc.

Am I being fobbed off? Bear in mind I have automatically rejected other offers now and have spent €400 on the OU course:eek:

Any advice, stories or anything to calm my worried nerves!!Please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I wouldnt say youre being fobbed off. These institutions are usually very professional and wouldnt be likely to do that. However I would just keep ringing them to see what the story is...how long ago was it that you got told that they would check with the IT department? If it was more than 2 days ago, Id ring again.

Advertisement