Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop keeps rebooting after sp3 install

• 20-06-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,

not sure if this the right place so mods please move if needed.

having a big prob with an old laptop of mine (bout 5yr old compaq presario 2541eu) it promted me to install service pack 3 last week and now it wont boot up. it goes so far on start up then just keeps rebooting itself!
    i have tried safe mode, and last known good config but the same thing keeps happening :mad:
    i disabled automatic reboot on system failure and got this message:
    stop: c000021a fatal system error the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
    googled it but cant find much of a solution

i would do a re-install only the missus has some inportant tax info on it that hasnt been backed up which i need to get before a reinstall.
    i cant find my xp disk at the mo but i could get one somewhere!

any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

if there is important stuff on it, i would take the drive out and plug it intoa differnt pc and use the to recover the file before attempting any repairs on the pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Microsoft are well aware of that one:

See HERE:

This is the email address for the MS guy dealing with it:

shashank.bansal@microsoft.com

See this page too:

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement