Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accomidation

Options
  • 20-06-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Is it hard to get accomidation on campus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

It depends.I'm going to assume you're a first year,so that will stand to you in itself,as they're given preference.Accommodation is allocated on a distance basis,i.e.,the further you are from Dublin,the greater your chances.Have a look around the UCD website to get more info.

Even if you don't get on campus immediately,put yourself on the waiting list if you really want it,as with dropouts and the like,spaces open up after a while.

Speaking as a person who just lived on campus this year(I was in Merville),it's not the be all and end all.It's handy,but the facilities are basic enough.The annual price has gone up by €300 and rents are dropping elsewhere,so you could get a nice place very close by for a lot cheaper.

Hope that helps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Can anyone reccomend somewhere to start looking for accom off campus? For first years that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭shu

daft.ie is the best place for finding accomodation usually. Clonskeagh, ranelagh, booterstown, goatstown are probably the closest areas. Places a bit further out like stillorgan on the 46A bus route are also handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

i was in merville there as well..i would totally recommend it, its pure basic but thats only so you have less stuff to destroy and its not hard to get depens where your from like.people from wicklow got it so you must have a chance?? anyway I had the best year of my life so do it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I allready stayed in merville wen i was on a science course in the summer(nerd), I'm from wexford aswell, whats my chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 beautifulmeath

I'd say you're in with a pretty good chance when you're in Wexford; if you don't you can always get your name on the waiting list and find temporary accom in the meantime; when someone drops out you're bound to get in.

I'm from Meath and that's how I got on campus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm from New Ross, and got it in the drop out list, but not on the first go.

Advertisement