Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed - Plant Box

Options
  • 20-06-2009 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am thinking of creating a "plant box" using planks of wood cut to size.
    I have seen it done and it can work well.
    What I need to figure out is how I anchor the wood in the ground.
    I have been looking out for something I can attach to the wood that I can use as a spike to hold it in the ground but I haven't been able to find anything.
    There may not be anything made specifically for this purpose but anything will do me as long as its not too expensive.
    I guess I could cut some wood into spike and attach that to the planks but I was hoping to use a ready-made solution.

Any ideas ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

hammer a few wooden spikes into the ground, use stainless steel or brass screws to attach them togeather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Where would I get the wooden spikes ?
    I've been to a few hardware stores and haven't come across any.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

get a few 2 x 2s in the local garden centre, make sure that they are treated, cut every second length at an angle of 90 degrees, you should be able to figure out the rest. if not ask the guy at the garden centre.

Advertisement