Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best package - Clonskeagh/Goatstown

Options
  • 20-06-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello

I'll shortly be moving to south Dublin, around Clonskeagh. Coming from a few years living abroad, I have NO CLUE as to what the best ISP's are.. I've looked online of course and read this forum a bit, but still not sure

Work will pay the actual broadband part. On top of that I want a basic TV package (no premium channels) and telephone.

In Germany, we have a 6mb bb plus a VOIP phone with unlimited calls to most countries in the world (landlines only) for a total of 50 euros a month. No TV, we just have the free tv channels. The flatrate phone is brilliant - pick up and call the USA for an hour without thinking of cost. I don't see the need for a proper landline.

I would also very much like to avoid any sort of cap on my downloading..

So - which is generally regarded as the best provider at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SourKraut

BTW - I know there's a poll on the best provider, and a charter thread with some general info, but they're each about 2 years old which is kind of an age in internet terms...

If there's a recent thread which I've missed that discusses who the best ISP is nowadays, then I'd be very grateful for a quick pointer in the right direction.

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 calmoo

I live in Clonskeagh and I have UPC 20mb, it's the best around this area I think.

http://www.upc.ie/internet/

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

agreed. upc. stay away from the wireless ones

upc are the best, even if you have to reboot it every so often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 calmoo

marbar wrote: »
    agreed. upc. stay away from the wireless ones

upc are the best, even if you have to reboot it every so often
    Yeah i've had to restart my router quite a lot cause the internet goes, but that's the price you pay for incredibly fast internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

calmoo wrote: »
    Yeah i've had to restart my router quite a lot cause the internet goes, but that's the price you pay for incredibly fast internet.

i think mine is only 3 or 4 mb. i still have to restart it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

That's not normal behaviour for upc I can't recall the last time I had to reboot my modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SourKraut

thanks for the replies

I had a quick look around the place we'll be renting and saw that the current tenants have Chorus/NTL boxes around the place. So I suppose the UPC connection is going to be easy to do - and the package deals look alright.

UPC it'll be then.

Advertisement