Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA on Radio 1 Saturday - FAIL.

• 20-06-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

I've never heard so many open microphones on a radio broadcast as I have these last few hours...

Cross-talk from the various commentators all the time, Anne Doyle clearing her throat and shuffling her papers, and almost getting the entire 5:30 Lyric FM bulletin, missed ad breaks, missed jingles and silences.

I think some of the monkeys on the Shakespeare typewriting project are behind the desk on RTÉ Radio 1's coverage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Heard a bit of that on the Joe Show on wednesday. Maybe their red light isn't working. Not sure if that would happen with Micheal Campian late of RTE.
    Maybe they are miffed over their pay cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

It's not that uncommon for the wheels to fall off Continuity, particularly at night when they've gotten back from the Merrion Inn....

It's hilarious sometimes to hear the poor young wans trying to read the news in 60 seconds at 2am before the automated mish mash repeats start.

And while Im ranting, why hasnt Andy O'Mahony been put to sleep by now? His program on Saturday evening is the most anal retentive and self-indulgent (a tautology, no doubt) piece of garbage I've ever had the misfortune to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Oh it was as bad as DMC said! Shocking stuff from RTE.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

DMC wrote: »
    I've never heard so many open microphones on a radio broadcast as I have these last few hours...

Cross-talk from the various commentators all the time, Anne Doyle clearing her throat and shuffling her papers, and almost getting the entire 5:30 Lyric FM bulletin, missed ad breaks, missed jingles and silences.

I think some of the monkeys on the Shakespeare typewriting project are behind the desk on RTÉ Radio 1's coverage.

We were listening to WLRFM but lost reception in Kilkenny so switched to Radio 1. The cross talking made it hard to understand what was actually going on, so we switched back to the noisy WLRFM which was better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I always miss these great moments in broadcasting :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

exaisle wrote: »
    It's not that uncommon for the wheels to fall off Continuity, particularly at night when they've gotten back from the Merrion Inn....

It's hilarious sometimes to hear the poor young wans trying to read the news in 60 seconds at 2am before the automated mish mash repeats start.

And while Im ranting, why hasnt Andy O'Mahony been put to sleep by now? His program on Saturday evening is the most anal retentive and self-indulgent (a tautology, no doubt) piece of garbage I've ever had the misfortune to hear.

Steady up there poster.

Mr O'Mahony is an eminent and well respected broadcaster.

What were your issues with this person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Yesterday's sports programme was nowhere near as bad as Saturdays...thought I did hear a miss-fire into Anne Doyle's news bulletin. She was talking to someone else when they handed over to her...so they had to intro her a second time.

Also, did anyone else hear the strange noises the analyst with Brian Carty was making during the Tipp/Clare commentary ?

Advertisement