Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Convention

Options
  • 20-06-2009 8:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been down either yesterday or today? Im going tomorrow, is it any good? Whats the admission fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

BALLS. Completely forgot about this =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Sweenox entered his backpiece in it and is not happy about losing to what won, AFAIK he entered the large tattoo section and apparently the piece that won was roughly the same size that won the medium size section or something along those lines, I was half asleep when someone told me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I was down there yesterday, very disappointed tbh. There were only 4-5 people getting tattooed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

4-5 people?? you must have only gone into the clubhouse, lol. the place was packed out!!
    i counted 30+ working artists.some great pieces being done by jani, remis, ross nagle won best of show with a stunning pin-up hand piece..
    Brent McGowan[sp?] from new zealand was doing amazing handtapped tattoos for the entire weekend, very impressive stuff even though i wouldn't be the biggest fan of tribal at all.
    I wasn't the biggest convention but there was really a great turn out for it's size and was well put together apart from the heat in the marquee being akin to a sauna!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I thought it didn't match up to the ones they've had in the past... the marquee wasn't the best idea because it was very stuffy and crowded in there, not exactly somewhere I'd want to be tattooed, or pierced.

This is more of a general rant, nothing to do with the organisers- I wish people knew how to control their kids better at events like this. A tattoo expo can be a fun day out for them and I think it's nice to let them in considering that a lot of expos are 18+ (and even nicer to let them in for free!) but a lot of parents didn't seem to realise that it isn't exactly the best place to let a child run around without supervision. On Saturday there seemed to be a lot of children running around inside the marquee, and I saw some tearing in and out and behind of the artist's tables. Granted the majority of parents were clued in and their kids well behaved, but a small minority just didn't seem to get the idea that a tattoo expo isn't like a funfair or a playground and that the artists workspace might not be the best place for their child to be running around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

dingdong1 wrote: »
    4-5 people?? you must have only gone into the clubhouse, lol. the place was packed out!!
    i counted 30+ working artists.some great pieces being done by jani, remis, ross nagle won best of show with a stunning pin-up hand piece..
    Brent McGowan[sp?] from new zealand was doing amazing handtapped tattoos for the entire weekend, very impressive stuff even though i wouldn't be the biggest fan of tribal at all.
    I wasn't the biggest convention but there was really a great turn out for it's size and was well put together apart from the heat in the marquee being akin to a sauna!!

i was there myself, the kids yes i agree with but the orgainsers idea is make it a family event

to right about brent work a great skill he has and a really nice guy
    got a little piece off jani myself on the saturday

Advertisement