Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car park fees - or part thereof...

Options
  • 20-06-2009 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Folks, can you clear up some confusion for me...

Used a car park the other day which charged 1euro per hour, or part thereof.
    Stayed 1 hr 20mins, got 1 Euro off for shopping in Lidl, verified the parking token and was charged 1 Euro.

Is this right? I assumed "or part thereof" meant you would be charged the value of the extra 20 mins, not for the full 2nd hour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

No, "part thereof" says that you'll be charged the hourly price, even if you only use part of the hour. So if you were there for 1hour and 1 second, that one second would be part of the next hour, and charged as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

alanbb wrote: »
    Folks, can you clear up some confusion for me...

Used a car park the other day which charged 1euro per hour, or part thereof.
    Stayed 1 hr 20mins, got 1 Euro off for shopping in Lidl, verified the parking token and was charged 1 Euro.

Is this right? I assumed "or part thereof" meant you would be charged the value of the extra 20 mins, not for the full 2nd hour.

that means you owe them a euro

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As previous posters said, it means that once you start into a new hour, you are liable for all that hour.

So if you stayed for 2 hrs and 5 mins, then you'd be liable for 3 hours.

Advertisement