Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot 406 1.8

• 20-06-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking at buying a 406 1.8 petrol 99... What are they like? I rarely see them on the road these days. It's an extra car I am looking for in the family. Their nice enough looking cars. What are the bhp figures of these models? In the day they were more
    or less rep mobiles as every second person I knew with a company car 10 odd years ago had one. That movie "Ronin" had one
    in it doing all the stunts which was kinda cool. As a safe older car I would like to have one in the family.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

From what I've heard they're a great car, and I think so too. They look great, handle well and are quite reliable for a French car. I don't understand why there has been such a cull of them on our roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

I've got a 96 td 406 with 206k with not problems ...not sure about the 1.8 petrol.
    I've replaced the drop links on the rear a few times ....:)
    Think I heard there was something about gearbox problems..:confused:
    I find it more comfortable than my 04 407 ...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

Row wrote: »
    I've got a 96 td 406 with 206k with not problems ...not sure about the 1.8 petrol.
    I've replaced the drop links on the rear a few times ....:)
    Think I heard there was something about gearbox problems..:confused:
    I find it more comfortable than my 04 407 ...:rolleyes:

I have sat in a few of them in dealers the past few days and to sit in they
    feel like a much more expensive car then they actually are. They look and feel very well trimmed. I never looked under the bonnets though, do all the engines in the range have double overhead cam shafts? Do they have variable valve timings? Nice to have abit
    of overtaking power.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭meesa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well mine first proper irish car was 406 00' 1.8 aswell. Its prety powerfull aswell for a 1.8 salloon. And i can say i newer had more reliable car...

At one stage mine misses had work in Ennis, so she had to drive there every day from mallow. 240kms per day. 5-6 days per weak for 8 months. 406 was going like a tank all this time, nothing went wrong! I had it for a year, and i only changed tyres once and oil. Thats it...

Eventually i sold it to mine friends ( they actually ripped it off mine hands, when i said i am selling ) . They have it for a year aswell, changed only some minnor thing on suspension for 50eu.

Only one downside could be electrical stuff, i had only problem with one window, sometimes it just didnt not whanted to come up :D. Needed to change the button.. but i was just cba... Outside of that newer had any trouble!

• Advertisement
Advertisement