Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

essay grade change

Options
  • 20-06-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

i was given a ''c'' in an essay, 2nd year history, and then she changed it to a ''c+''

but in my provisional results and my actual results that was changed to an ''a''

that is a huge jump - do ye reckon it was a mistake or genuinely a crap marking that was changed by a lecturer or an external marker or what?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Was it the lecturer or a tutor who corrected it?

Do you feel it warrented an A or was it a C Standard?

There the main two questions in this.

Could quite possibly be that the external looked at it and decided that you deserved a higher grade. If it was a tutor that marked it, having spoken to some people who tutor, some of there papers are reviews by lecturers to make sure they're marking to a fair standard etc so it could be that.

That or could it be an administration error on either side.

To be honest it'd hard to know without knowing who corrected it and if it was worth all of the course etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

i believed it was worth more - but not an a

it was a tutor and they do english also - seemed they focused to much on layout, spelling and argument which is fair eneough for history but it had little reference to how i did in the essay

except - relied too much on sources, where i had a lot of sources but expanded on nearly every point and had opinions in it

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Was it in the Modern America module OP?

Same happened to me, think its best not to ask too many questions and just accept the bump up :D

yes, yes it was

certain BAD tutor, except exchange bad for muck and exchange muck for a word that will not only get me banned but probaly in trouble with ucd if they find it

im gonna let it be - but the tutor should correct it as a history essay and not an english essay......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yeah don't get me started on her. Reading aloud from the textbook word for word does not count as a tutorial.

Remember one day where she spent half the tutorial ranting about a store that had the cheek to sell gollywogs. I was feeling tempted to throw a bloody gollywog at her head by the end of that tutorial.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i was given a ''c'' in an essay, 2nd year history, and then she changed it to a ''c+''

but in my provisional results and my actual results that was changed to an ''a''

that is a huge jump - do ye reckon it was a mistake or genuinely a crap marking that was changed by a lecturer or an external marker or what?

thanks

I'd have kept my head down if I were you, surely an "A" is welcome? ;)

very very much so

first actual a in an essay (constantly got the grammar and layout lecture...)

ah ****test tutorials ever..... so so pointless

Advertisement