Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't seem to stay with a team for more than one season...

Options
  • 20-06-2009 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, I just lose interest completely after, at most, one season with a team.

I could end up starting 30 different games over the course of a few weeks but just cant stick with one.

I listen to my mates talking about all these re-gens and the achivements they have completed etc, and I'd love to do the same, I just cant, even as the team I support in real life I lose interest.

Any advice or suggestions on which team I might stick it out with are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Con.

Try a fresh new team/ league/ nation. I find that i can't go back to teams i would have managed even a few years ago back in whatever FM/CM at the time.
    It's good to look for a team that u can build over time into greatness and achieve your goals along the way.
    Also maybe try not to stick to the same level of clubs for example : title challengers. I was managing top teams all the time years back then decided to give some dire conference team a go and what a game it was! Im not saying play the opposite extreme of what you normally would just try to change it up a bit.

Try a title challenger if your sick of managing the likes of newcastle :P

Another thing. Get some sort of challenge going with friends or online or whatever. That wil hopefully gie you more of an incentive to get stuck into your team.
    Anyways, good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

I know what you mean, I'm the exact same! But currently I started a new one in which I started off unemployed and with no experience whatsoever, note though you can't even get a position in the Blue Square Premier so I suggest opening Blue Square North/South, it actually is brilliant and you learn so many new teams! :cool:

If you don't like that I suggest Spain if you haven't tried it yet, any team outside Barca and Madrid is real enjoyable. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I tend to enjoy managing the teams who are in Scottish 2nd or 3rd division or in Conference more. Having no money, and getting a squad of players you have no idea who they are is a bit daunting at 1st.

But i love putting together a team of free transfers & loan players. And seeing it work out (or not!)

I found managing top teams gets a bit boring, u know all the players from seeing them on tv, and know who to buy or get rid of etc.

Lower league management is a step into the unknown, and i find it holds my interest longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Con.

Managing somewhere at the other side of the world can be good too. Sydney FC or whatever they were called were a fun team. I also liked the J League.

I think the oul background pics and graphics and general make a difference to which team takes your interest. Maybe thats just me but i cant manage teams with stupid colours and dull background pics. :o

the above post has got me in the mood to manage some rank team with practically no squad now! wehey! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

One way to get the re-gens excitement is to start a game but not manage. Just let it run for four or five years, then jump in and begin at the bottom. The game will have dozens of re-gens and lots of the famous players will have retired and some of them will be decent coaches too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stujey

Is there still an option to not use actual players when setting up your game. This makes scouting and getting to know your players more important from the outset. I have FM2008 and think it is an optin for this.

I only get the updated version every few years so will be looking forward to 2010!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Thats a good idea about starting off without real players,would make you scout and use your coach reports etc properly instead of signing the same old players everytime.

Advertisement