Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strimmer suitable for my Mum?

Options
  • 20-06-2009 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Mum (petite, and 70 yrs old) wants to get a strimmer to handle the tall weeds & grass. Any recommendations for on that will be light and easy to use? I guess she'd have trouble starting a petrol one.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

get her a small electric one. Like a black&decker.not that expensive either like this one http://www.buy4now.ie/atlantic/productdetail.aspx?pid=421350&loc=P&catid=102.11.1 but the more you pay the better and stonger the one you will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yep you can get battery pack ones that are very light but even with the B&D ones you mostly get around an hour's use out of one battery charge. B&D know this though, and often they sell them with a second battery so you can have one on charge while you're using the other one.

(And as an aside, did she say "I want to get a light strimmer to do my own grass", or did she say "Oh I wish there was an easy way to do the grass, I'd need some sort of light strimmer, I'm not sure if they make those, I can't manage anything else" hint hint she wants you to do it for her?)

Advertisement