Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not Enough Hours In The Day

• 20-06-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

If I had a penny (cent) for every time I heard that expression, I would have about well about 2 euro if Im honest. However the universe as we know is expanding and the moon is moving further away. The result will eventually be that the earth will slow and our days will become longer. However if we had the choice and Whirlpool or Sony could come up with such a device that could create longer or shorter days. Which would you prefer ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

^^^^^^^

whats that up my arse batman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

cock robin wrote: »
    If I had a penny (cent) for every time I heard that expression, I would have about well about 2 euro if Im honest. However the universe as we know is expanding and the moon is moving further away. The result will eventually be that the earth will slow and our days will become longer. However if we had the choice and Whirlpool or Sony could come up with such a device that could create longer or shorter days. Which would you prefer ?

What does it matter? Whether the day is longer or shorter it isn't going to give you any more actual time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 melissa4gar

would love the evenings to be longer spend more time at home and chilling, work days shorter though. i think if the days were longer we would only find more to do to complain about. like i wish its saturday every day durng the week and spend at least 2 hours recovering from previous night, 5 hours cleaning and what a waste. i think its long enough for our short existance. there are enough hours if you manage them wisely and dont arse about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Were still going to need 7, 8 hrs sleep in 24 hrs so wouldn't really matter if days were longer ....I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Why Whirlpool or Sony OP?:D
    I like it the way it is, longer days in Summer when the weather is good and shorter days when it's not so good in Winter.
    I wouldn't mess with it.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

More hours in the day would only mean shorter hours to make them fit in,:confused: feck, i obviously am not drunk enough yet.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Why Whirlpool or Sony OP?:D
    I like it the way it is, longer days in Summer when the weather is good and shorter days when it's not so good in Winter.
    I wouldn't mess with it.:pac:[/quote

Could be any firm that makes the breakthrough, Im just happen to be sitting beside one of each:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If I had a penny (cent) for every time I heard that expression, I would have about well about 2 euro if Im honest.
    You should have picked better words. I'm making millions off WTF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

Latchy wrote: »
    Were still going to need 7, 8 hrs sleep in 24 hrs so wouldn't really matter if days were longer ....I think

Not so. If we were given a 30 hour day we would have adapted to it. Sleep is controlled by light. People used to go to bed earlier before artificial lighting came about but once people started using artificial light we adapted to staying up later.

Very true ALKALINEACID. I think a longer day say 30hrs would be great. Work for 10 hrs, sleep for 10hrs and act the b***ocks for another 10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Not so. If we were given a 30 hour day we would have adapted to it. Sleep is controlled by light. People used to go to bed earlier before artificial lighting came about but once people started using artificial light we adapted to staying up later.
    People working longer hrs / double shifts is nothing new .It is true that some people ( if able ) like to spend more time in bed during winter times and some people need more sleep than others .

ScumLord wrote: »
    You should have picked better words. I'm making millions off WTF.

You must get suprised at an alarming rate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

However if we had the choice and Whirlpool or Sony could come up with such a device that could create longer or shorter days. Which would you prefer ?

Seen as tomorrow is the longest day of the year, i'll answer it on Monday

Advertisement