Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The occasionally updated Wolverhamtpon Wanderers thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Starting???:rolleyes:

He's been good enough for the premiership since he came to England.

Should be at one of the top sides not wasted holding up the ball in a 4-5-1 formation.

This.

His second season at Reading in Premership was not all great, even last season in championship he was not outstanding.

No question about his qualities but he showing them now.

I agree though he better player then being on Wolves side.

Not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

noodler wrote: »
    This.

Not really.

As Bill would say whats your point or GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

curtains for the irons, can't see any way back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

This will be a massive result for Wolves if they can keep their lead. PHB's old pal David Jones is having a hell of a game in the middle of the park. Very nice player.

EDIT: 3-0! Game over. Another assist for Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

3-0. Wolves have been finishing brilliantly.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

3 great goals

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

demolition time

the 3 goals by wolves have been brilliantly taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Looking good for you lot 7 points is a lot at that end of the league, Safe IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

As Bill would say whats your point or GTFO

I'd be surprised if you couldn't tell all the points I would make in advance - I think his merits/stats/abilties etc are fairly well-known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wolves have been ruthless with their finishing.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if you couldn't tell all the points I would make in advance - I think his merits/stats/abilties etc are fairly well-known.

Sorry not mind reader, but yes I know his points I suppose, like everybody agrees on them.

from bbc, west ham fans, fickle as they come
    Not the most pleasant of atmospheres in east London now, and I can't say you can really blame the home fans. Chants of "You're Getting Sacked in the Morning" coming in thick and fast

Some result for Wolves if it stays the same.

Super finish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

3-0! and there was me deciding not to watch just in case I hexed the result!

Elokobi is some tank, doubt any player could out muscle him

Super play all round, great run, great save

Great result should Wolves win now, they been happy with draw but win really is excellent and puts them in good position now.

I hope Stephen Hunt is watching, when he wanted out of Reading Wolves put in two firm offers and he rejected them in favour of high flying Hull. I can understand why Hull rejected the offers made for him by Wolves this season

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Would of never expected myself to be posting in the Wolves forum but hay credit has to be given where credit is due ,

The club are really showing the balls for the campaign run in and have come up with a couple of very decent results along the way ,

Fair play to them and I hope the stay in the PL this year because they have been a good addition to the league bar that one incident we wont mention :D

Great result tonight and great to see Kevin Doyle playing another an impressive role in the game.

• Advertisement

Fair play to McCarthy, not taking any BS from the reporter!!! Great interview

got to love Mick

What was he asked and what he say?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Well done Wolves. Come a long way since the first day of the season.
    Another team climbing out of relegation trouble leaving us in the mire :(

Well done Wolves. Come a long way since the first day of the season.
    Another team climbing out of relegation trouble leaving us in the mire :(

Think ye be ok too if im honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

well done Wolves.

and well done Mick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Think ye be ok too if im honest.
    If we are, it'll only be down to Hull and Burnley being unable to pick up points. Personally I'm not so confident but I'm glad Wolves will stay up at least (though I'd have ye down in a second if it meant us staying up :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I see Mick Mc Carthy has said he wont be appealing the £25,000 fine wolves were fined for fielding a 'weakened' side against Man Utd.

I have to say... that fine was the most ridiculous fine to ever be stamped on any club.
    Is this not a team sport...do you not need a full squad of players?
    If Torres and Gerrard are dropped for Liverpool..do they get fined?
    Same for utd if Rooney is dropped?

I remember there was a thread about this at the time, but i didnt get to post because I didnt have my password etc.

But im still shocked at this decision by the FA.

Is it not a Managers right to pick from his squad of players? Who are the FA to judge whos a weaker player?
    Out of that team of wolves that played against Utd... 8 of them have featured since..and played against the team that beat the hammers 0-3 a few days ago.

Id say Mick Mc Carthy is just not bothered appealing the decision. £25,00 may not be a lot. But the principle of it still remains.
    Shocking Decision to fine a club for that. Shocking.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i agree, it was stupid, but if i remember right, the reason he was punished was cause mick admitted he fielded a weakened team cause he didn't think they could win either way. he basically admitted he threw the game, to make matters worse he then bragged a few weeks later that Wolves could get a result off anyone incl. united, chelsea etc. most managers do wat he did, but most of em aren't stupid enough to admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i agree, it was stupid, but if i remember right, the reason he was punished was cause mick admitted he fielded a weakened team cause he didn't think they could win either way. he basically admitted he threw the game, to make matters worse he then bragged a few weeks later that Wolves could get a result off anyone incl. united, chelsea etc. most managers do wat he did, but most of em aren't stupid enough to admit it.

Your right, if thats the case..he shouldnt have admitted fielding a weakend side.

6 of the side that beat the Hammers started against Utd at OT.

Good gritty point today allied with West Hams latest loss and Boltons defeat by 4 means Wolves are up to 14th, 5 points above the drop zone.

• Advertisement

Kevin Doyle interview

Good to see him getting a bit of national press coverage.

Well done Jody Craddock for his 500th appearance today

Wolves 0 - 0 Stoke as I type, sounds like a pretty poor game. All Delap throws!

Wolves in "Goal scored at Molineux" shocker!

FT 1-1 and Wolves are surely home and dry barring a results catastrophe thats so mathematically unlikely as to be safely ignored.

Plan B has worked a treat and saved the side from an immediate return to the Championship but Mick McCarthy is going to have to get Plan A sorted out for next season or they will go down.

Yay! Safe.

So then first season back up ends on a very decent 2-1 win that could and maybe should have been more comprehensive. Wolves finish 15th on 38 points, equalling the highest place finish by the club since 1977-78 when finishing in 15th in a 22 side division.

The club has signed up loanee Adlène Guedioura on a three year deal from RSC Charleroi. Everything points towards Stephen Hunt moving from Hull for about 3 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

mike65 wrote: »
    So then first season back up ends on a very decent 2-1 win that could and maybe should have been more comprehensive. Wolves finish 15th on 38 points, equalling the highest place finish by the club since 1977-78 when finishing in 15th in a 22 side division.

The club has signed up loanee Adlène Guedioura on a three year deal from RSC Charleroi. Everything points towards Stephen Hunt moving from Hull for about 3 million.

NO!!

I don't want Wolves to go down!

Second season + Hunt = Relegation.

Wolves £40million redevelopment of Molineux unveiled. 4 years programme expanding capacity to 36,000. A further build to add 2,000 seats will go ahead if demand allows.

molineux-plans-607394139.jpg

molineux-plans-852471631.jpg
    Phase one is scheduled to start with the demolition of the Stan Cullis Stand at the end of the forthcoming season, with a state-of-the art two-tier structure constructed that extends into the open corner of the Steve Bull Stand - starting a stadium bowl design.

Phase two will then see a new two-tier Steve Bull Stand built over the course of the 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons in time for the start of 2014/15 - taking Molineux's capacity from 29,303 to 36,000.

Dunno anything about Van Damme (insert jokes here)
    WOLVES are closing in on the double signing of Anderlecht’s Jelle van Damme and Burnley’s Steven Fletcher.

Sources in Belgium have told the Birmingham Mail that the drawn-out negotiations for Van Damme are set to be concluded today.

After haggling over the exact payment method, due to a ten to 15 per cent cut owed to the utility player’s last English club, Southampton, Wolves faxed through a final offer that satisfied Anderlecht yesterday.

And, all being well, the 26-year-old’s move to Molineux for a fee in the region of £2.5 million should be confirmed today.

Meanwhile, Wolves look set to break their transfer record with the acquisition of striker Fletcher.

They held talks with the Scotland international yesterday and now appear to be close to landing another one of their top transfer targets.

The Shrewsbury-born 23-year-old, who finished last season as relegated Burnley’s top scorer with 12 goals, is likely to command a fee slightly higher than the record £6.5 million that was shelled out to Reading for Kevin Doyle last summer.

It has also been suggested that Wolves goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey and striker Chris Iwelumo would be part of the Fletcher deal with the pair moving to Turf Moor on loan.

Highly-rated Fletcher is hot property and has also attracted admiring glances from Blues boss Alex McLeish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Wolves £40million redevelopment of Molineux unveiled. 4 years programme expanding capacity to 36,000. A further build to add 2,000 seats will go ahead if demand allows.

molineux-plans-607394139.jpg

molineux-plans-852471631.jpg

They are nice plans, lets hope they go through!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Van Damme used to play for Southampton when they were in the PL thats as much as I know

• Advertisement

Steven Fletcher signs for Wolves for a fee undisclosed but said to be joint record ie the same as Doyle last summer (about 6.5 million)

Wolves have signed Hull defender Steven Mouyokolo with Stephen Hunts arrival imminent it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

That's a great move for him.

Mick McCarthy interview, Wolves have spent 17 million quid so far this summer! Admitedly thats probably nearly all the spending done with 3/4 players exiting. Nonetheless it puts the pressure on to make damned sure of a solid season and maybe a cup run.

Wolves beat Bohs 3-0, Fletcher scores on debut and the crowd such as there is one appear to be all backing the Gold and Black!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wolves beat Bohs 3-0, Fletcher scores on debut and the crowd such as there is one appear to be all backing the Gold and Black!
    In fairness 'twas all about the money for us :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Home made this time 2-1 Wolves against Belgian First Divison side Charleroi

• Advertisement

So then does this count as a superthread? :)

Wolves 2 - 1 Stoke

Already 3 points better off than this point last season.

Sure the away side were unlucky to see Kenwyn Jones exit so early as he would have been a problem all afternoon but thats football. Looking at the reports and highlights, Wolves seemed to look to win this game from the off. Last time this fixture was notable for 27 Delap missiles and nothing else. Looks like there could be an outbreak of football from both sides this season.

Advertisement