Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The occasionally updated Wolverhamtpon Wanderers thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mike65 wrote: »
    4-0 shocker (Wolves on right end of said result double shocker!)

Wolves 4-0 Blackpool FT

* Jarvis 2
    * O'Hara 54
    * Ebanks-Blake 78
    * Ebanks-Blake 90

After unending failure to beat sides in the bottom half of the division since Brum in early December Wolves overpower the Seasiders from start to finish. O'Hara and Hammill have been very smart aquisitions for almost no money but Mick McCarthy is quite good when shopping in Lidl. That lifts the side from bottom to 17th on goal difference.

Hopefully McCarthy start pairing Ebanks with Doyle.

They do very well together from what I see and gives Doyle someone to play off (believe he gave Ebanks another goal today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Matt Jarvis gets England call up

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/20/englandfootballteam-euro2012
    Fabio Capello has rewarded Matthew Jarvis's fine form this season by handing the Wolverhampton Wanderers winger his first call-up to the England squad for the Euro 2012 qualifier away to Wales next Saturday and the friendly against Ghana at Wembley on 29 March.

Jarvis, who scored Wolves' winner away to Aston Villa on Saturday, has been named in two provisional squads already this season but failed to make the final cut. However, with Theo Walcott and Adam Johnson both injured, Jarvis has been given his chance in a 26-man squad.

The 24-year-old will compete for a starting spot on with James Milner, Aaron Lennon and Ashley Young. Lennon is included for the first time since England's last qualifier against Montenegro in October.

Good man, its been coming (making the final squad) hopefully he'll get a run out at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭evillive

he really made the step up in the premiership - he deserves it, he causes problems for every defence he plays against

would like to see Karl Henry getting involved too just can't see his face fitting in though

Kevin Doyle out for 4-8 weeks, perfect timing. Still it'll give Ebanks-Blake and Fletcher (who's played little football for his price-tag so far) a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mike65 wrote: »
    Kevin Doyle out for 4-8 weeks, perfect timing. Still it'll give Ebanks-Blake and Fletcher (who's played little football for his price-tag so far) a chance.

Pretty happy about that given that we have to play them this weekend in what will be a very difficult game.

Ebanks-Blake should be able to fill into a similar role to that which Doyle has been doing can see him being strong enough to hold up the ball if its lobbed down to him, hopefully Guediora will make a few starts now he's nearly back give us more bite in midfield

Matt Jarvis played the last 20 mins or so, settled in nicely on the right and played some tidy football. Hopefully he'll get a bench spot next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Monaghan United will play Wolves in a friendly at Gortakeegan on July 12th.

http://monaghanunited.tv/?p=1017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Was coming in here to do just that Frantic!

Also check out interview with ex Mons goalkeeper and Wolves current reserve keeper on his Rep of Ireland U19's adventures here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Witchie wrote: »
    Was coming in here to do just that Frantic!

Also check out interview with ex Mons goalkeeper and Wolves current reserve keeper on his Rep of Ireland U19's adventures here.

Hehe, took me an age to find the thread, had to go back through my posts from when I posted last summer about their friendly in Dalymount.

Will be good for Mons, hopefully will pull a crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Yeah me to. We are hoping to do a double header with another great team but wont announce it until we are sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,794 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wolves drop into the relegation zone in the Championship.

Their form since sacking Mick must be dire altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Wolves drop into the relegation zone in the Championship.

Their form since sacking Mick must be dire altogether!
    Looks like Kevin Doyle's place is in jeopardy as well. Tweet from Daniel McDonnell reads:

Kevin Doyle unused sub for Wolves who drop into relegation zone with 2-1 loss at Barnsley. 20 year old striker brought on instead. Crikey.

There going to one hell of a clear out this summer regardless of where they finish. I'm sure Mick is managing not to laugh (if only cos Ipswich are still too close to the drop zone for comfort)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Ok we have just had a lot of excitement, lets not go overboard!
    All agreed to go easy with the posts for a day or two?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I think it will kill my brother if Wolves go down, as a Villa fan always had a soft spot for them, never understood the sacking of Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Not looking good at all, a point last night with a late equaliser, but that is not worth much given the current predicament.

The little bit of hope is, as always with the Championship, that a good run of form will change your situation quite rapidly.

The things that kill the hope is where does that run of form come from, they have yet to win a game since Saunders was appointed. They have also played more games than those around them, in some cases they have played 2 more.

11 games remain for them, they have gone the last 12 in the league without a win, it is not good reading at all.

in the relegation zone with two games to play. Things are looking awful now.

Wolves looks set for relegation from the Championship. Amazing to think that Kevin Doyle, the £7 million striker who was linked to Chelsea only two years ago could be playing League 1 football next season.

Wolves fan invaded the pitch after the match today

http://news.sky.com/story/1083818/wolves-fans-invade-pitch-after-burnley-defeat

Doyle confronted by a fan

167656761-kevin-doyle-is-confronted-by-fans-as-team-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QR8ma8KMlQTW1DbsbttcA67Px6GZuZl19aJuGEJBp%2blKWUB2fcQQaTS7vf2VJLs6GA%3d%3d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Complete overhaul of the club is needed at all levels. Some pretty arrogant people involved in the club who have been brought down to earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is what does my head in when clubs sack managers just to stay in Premier League. When Wolves went down, who would be a good appointment in the summer to bring them back up? Mick McCarthy would be an obvious candidate.

Sometimes, you need to stick with a manager for a long term plan rather than a quick fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

what was the last club to drop so quickly from the premier league, that wasnt a financial basketcase like portsmouth or leeds?

when you look at the wolves squad its ridiculous they are where they are. supposed big names sitting on their wages and calling it in every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

retalivity wrote: »
    what was the last club to drop so quickly from the premier league, that wasnt a financial basketcase like portsmouth or leeds?

when you look at the wolves squad its ridiculous they are where they are. supposed big names sitting on their wages and calling it in every week.

Swindon was last club to go from PL to league 1 in successive seasons anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Swindon was last club to go from PL to league
    1 in successive seasons anyway.

Whats there chances of staying up? Feel sorry for Doyle some really bad managerial sackings has led to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Whats there chances of staying up? Feel sorry for Doyle some really bad managerial sackings has led to this.

Not good by looks of it. It's not in their hands now.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Not good by looks of it. It's not in their hands now.

Watching the Football league show now I have to say I prefer it to MOTD. Hopefully Wolves get some luck next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Watching the Football league show now I have to say I prefer it to MOTD. Hopefully Wolves get some luck next week.
    They away to brighton next week..show is over I reckon

They away to brighton next week..show is over I reckon

Plus they need other results to go their way. The only thing in their favour regards the Brighton fixture is that Brighton are assured of their play off spot and are not going to get automatic promotion so it's a dead rubber fixture really for them. They'll be focusing on the playoffs.

Still think the game's up for Wolves though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Take a huge bit of luck to stay up. They are 3 points behind Peterborough and 4 goals worse off. The good news is Peterbourgh play Palace who'll need a win to secure a play-off spot while Wolves play Brighton who don't.

• Advertisement

BI7qWjtCEAA8lLn.png:large

Dean Saunders and his team sacked.

On one level comical, on another tragic, but on another the correct decision.

Mick McCarthy must be chuckling in to his Corn Flakes this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The last time they had 2 relegations in a row they went on to complete the hat-trick in the following season. Wonder what the odds are that they'll manage that again. Pretty remote I would have thought but then who thought they would get relegated this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Micky Adams is 2/1 favourite. After his stint at Sheff Utd, that would be another disaster. Karl Robinson wouldn't be a bad call.

Edit: Apparently it's Darren Ferguson actually.

token101 wrote: »

Edit: Apparently it's Darren Ferguson actually.

Hope he doesn't get it. How many times has he got a club relegated? Living off his ol fella's reputation. He is a poor manager. We could all manage a club based on daddy lending us a few Man U reserves!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

This thread going for 4 years now with the name of the club misspelt. :)

I hope it stays misspelt! :)

Resurrect this bad boy or start a brand new shiny wolves thread?? Sure this one is already here!!

How do ye feel about the new season, i get over for a couple of games each year, I have been following the fan commentary on express and star and its generally one of serious optimism and potential. Other seasons we went up it was a matter of time before the inevitable drop, this time we have a sugar daddy, Fosun who want and will get results, and hey we tried getting there with little/poor investment so let's fight fire with fire.

Results so far I can accept, we were definitely star struck and naive in the Everton game, could have won mebbe?

Leicester was one where we matched them and two brutal deflections cost us but we could have played against their 10 men all night and it wouldn't happen, just one of those days. Taking the chances we created in that game against a Leicester team that played a cracker against united into our other games and we will get points no bother.

City on saturday obviously will be the toughest nut to crack but our second team in the cup last year were the first to hold them scoreless in open play in all competitions.

Neves will move onto greatness I hope but probably not with us, cavaleiro is one I want back soon, new signing traore looked excellent at the weekend. I think bonatini is creating loads of chances just is having awful luck and woukd persevere with him, other new boys moutinho and Jimenez look ready made for the premiership. Defence needs to get up to speed though, Everton and Leicester showed them what you can't get away with any more.

Anything top half at end of season will be a great result and we can build from there. We are Wolves!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This is one of my favourite thread titles on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Can't wait for 2023 for the next post.

I thought ye looked very impressive against Leicester on saturday and were really unlucky with the first goal. I mean a deflection straight onto the defenders head and into the net was crazy. Heads dropped a little after the goal I thought but ye still hit the woodwork 3 times.

Think in was in the gaurdian they said ye will play a lot worse this season and win which I think is true

Advertisement