Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is boards becoming too PC, or dare I say a plastic bubble fantasy.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

It would be if PC stood for "plain crazy."
    I was going to thank you, but sure you know yourself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

lol...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Then why don't you stop coming here? Seriously Mysterious, I'm not having a go. But about every 2 weeks you post a new thread about your problems with the way boards.ie is run. You obviously have problems with it. It obviously annoys you. So why not just stop coming here? Why spend so much time and energy complaining about things which are not going to change?

Boards.ie is one of the most popular sites in Ireland. They don't need to change a damn thing, because what they are doing now obviously works. It may not be to your very high standards, but for the vast majority of people, people who understand the rules set, and obey them, it works. It may not be 100% perfect, but I don't think any of the suggestions you've made will get it any closer.

So why not just stop coming here? Or set up a rival forum? See how easy it must be to try and get hundreds of thousands of people to follow a small, basic set of rules

Then why don't you stop coming here? Seriously Mysterious, I'm not having a go. But about every 2 weeks you post a new thread about your problems with the way boards.ie is run. You obviously have problems with it. It obviously annoys you. So why not just stop coming here? Why spend so much time and energy complaining about things which are not going to change?

Boards.ie is one of the most popular sites in Ireland. They don't need to change a damn thing, because what they are doing now obviously works. It may not be to your very high standards, but for the vast majority of people, people who understand the rules set, and obey them, it works. It may not be 100% perfect, but I don't think any of the suggestions you've made will get it any closer.

So why not just stop coming here? Or set up a rival forum? See how easy it must be to try and get hundreds of thousands of people to follow a small, basic set of rules

Well I'm not here to fight with the sheep of this site.

The fact that is true of Irish people, Is that Irish people are nearlly as ignorant as the Americans. If this is the biggest site on the net. Then people who are of my age and older.

Are stuck in the famine era STILL.

I go to many sites and many international forums where I have a bigger audience.

But it's a sad day for me and its a sad day for this website, if they cannot let an Irish person on an irish site post his views. I'm not here to post my views for fun you know, despite the some mods on this site behaving like bigots. It' just isn't acceptable.

I don't post problsm's every two weeks.

The problem lies with the Admin team,
    • who allow this behaviour championed
    • Ignore the users side of the situation
    • allow the mod to ben me for personal reasons
    • close my helpdesk/feedback threads
    I will go and name them, because it really is not acceptable from the highest people on this site.

I posted a feedback thread saying the Conspiracy forum needs balanced mods,

1 skeptic and 1 C.t
    There has been other threads by other people of my questioning.

The admins continue to ignore this.

I posted another
    The admins continue to ignore that.

On my final post's on my own feedback thread.
    When a mod said this or along simalar lines
    Mysterious if they are other people on that forum who are asking for this and have an issue with this, then we would come to an arrangement

I said ok, I will email all the user's who have complained
    Onsite,
    On Pm
    And on here NOW.

Got closed immeadiately.

Steve on the paranormal forum is probably getting overwhelmed of the power I have too.

So he banned me off the paranormal forum, for talking about UFOs and predictions for 2009

He sent an infraction claiming that was naughty.

My issue is, I'm Irish where is my right to be right be Irish and post as an Irish person on a site. Cus a few mods, are just banning me,

For personal reasons.

It's not my problem, because I'm not causing any problemss. Just some mods have a problem with my opionions.

They are allowed to misbehave and ban who they want when they want, because the Admins refuse to sort this issue out.

Because I don't accept the admins or allow anyone to treat other's like that. I wouldnt I treat anyone like that, here or in real life. I don't think there is anything moral about ignoring this issue. That could of been solved months ago, from the Admins as their responsibility to make it user friendly for the users of this site. I'm here many year's now, and it's now only a problem and it's only a problem on two forums here. I mean seriously what age are the admins on this board. Who are they. I seriously am interested in the names now. Procasination is the biggest problem, and why so many things get out of control. This whole site could be alot of better if people in positiion of power used common sense rather than arrogance and ignorance. Which is the reason why power falls and corrupts if your smart enough to know that.

Rome thought the same thing when they were popular.

Don't be to hopeful. I'm not asking for perfection. i'm asking for the respect of my opinion and right to post.

So this behaviour on this site, should force me "an Irish person" not to post on boards, because bigots are allowed to squander me.

Its exactly what the start of this thread is about. Boards is changing.
    I believe I'm actually helping them in this regard, to become more aware.

It just so happens I got banned yesterday. So it makes this thread all the more real and present.

• Advertisement

mysterious wrote: »
    Well I'm not here to fight with the sheep of this site.

The fact that is true of Irish people, Is that Irish people are nearlly as ignorant as the Americans. If this is the biggest site on the net. Then people who are of my age and older.

Are stuck in the famine era STILL.

I go to many sites and many international forums where I have a bigger audience.

But it's a sad day for me and its a sad day for this website, if they cannot let an Irish person on an irish site post his views. I'm not here to post my views for fun you know, despite the some mods on this site behaving like bigots. It' just isn't acceptable.

I don't post problsm's every two weeks.

The problem lies with the Admin team,
    • who allow this behaviour championed
    • Ignore the users side of the situation
    • allow the mod to ben me for personal reasons
    • close my helpdesk/feedback threads
    I will go and name them, because it really is not acceptable from the highest people on this site.

I posted a feedback thread saying the Conspiracy forum needs balanced mods,

1 skeptic and 1 C.t
    There has been other threads by other people of my questioning.

The admins continue to ignore this.

I posted another
    The admins continue to ignore that.

On my final post's on my own feedback thread.
    When a mod said this or along simalar lines

I said ok, I will email all the user's who have complained
    Onsite,
    On Pm
    And on here NOW.

Got closed immeadiately.

Steve on the paranormal forum is probably getting overwhelmed of the power I have too.

So he banned me off the paranormal forum, for talking about UFOs and predictions for 2009

He sent an infraction claiming that was naughty.

My issue is, I'm Irish where is my right to be right be Irish and post as an Irish person on a site. Cus a few mods, are just banning me,

For personal reasons.

It's not my problem, because I'm not causing any problemss. Just some mods have a problem with my opionions.

They are allowed to misbehave and ban who they want when they want, because the Admins refuse to sort this issue out.

You don't have the right to post whatever you want just because this is an Irish site and you are irish. there are many people of many nationalities who post here. And they are allowed to post here provided they follow the rules.

You claim you are being discriminated against because of your opinions. You aren't. You are being discriminated against because of your past actions. While mods might generally give people a bit of leeway here or there, you have racked up numerous bans and infractions from different forums and yet you still refuse to obey the rules. No leeway or benefit of the doubt is given to you due to your past actions, unwillingness to change, and consistent disregard for the hierarchy of the site.

This is the Admins site. They choose the rules. You can post whatever you want on other sites, depending on that sites rules. Here, you have to follow the admins rules. We all do. And we all try to.

You don't have the right to post whatever you want just because this is an Irish site and you are irish. there are many people of many nationalities who post here. And they are allowed to post here provided they follow the rules.

You claim you are being discriminated against because of your opinions. You aren't. You are being discriminated against because of your past actions. While mods might generally give people a bit of leeway here or there, you have racked up numerous bans and infractions from different forums and yet you still refuse to obey the rules. No leeway or benefit of the doubt is given to you due to your past actions, unwillingness to change, and consistent disregard for the hierarchy of the site.

This is the Admins site. They choose the rules. You can post whatever you want on other sites, depending on that sites rules. Here, you have to follow the admins rules. We all do. And we all try to.

Nope I haven't. Just same mods and same two forums:) Leeway, I'm been told I'm naughty for posting a thread on topic.

The mods can think they are using the charter over me, but they are not. They "decide themselves" its not worthy of topic.

Unwulligness to change? I'm going by the rules. I've done things the correct way.

The admins didn't choose the rules of alot of forums. Because I pmed them a long time ago, because I felt 1 mod, "public joke as a mod" had to be sorted by the head team.

The admin replied, I wouldn't get involved on forums as this is a big site, and It's the responsiblity of the mods to moderate the situation or take it to helpdesk

What happens if the mod is nnot doing his job correctly, when its appliable for the admin to intervene or have to get involved.

This is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

And all this because I banned him from CT. I should have contained the fire, taken a hit for the team like a good wing man. I'd like to apologise to the mods of the paranormal forum for offloading mysterious on them. I owe you all a pint at the next beers.

Mysterious, if it makes you feel better I've been banned from the Paranormal Forum loads!

6th you were given the power to abuse power.

Your sarcasm just makes this all the more surreal. But the banning was unjustly. But I still don't understand why you follow me on forums and throw in digs on every single thread I post or otherwise. I have not mentioned you by name on this thread.

You brought yourself here again by yourself. I would prefer if you didn't come here at all. You are so childish, Nobody should ever let you be a mod.

• Advertisement

What happens if the mod is nnot doing his job correctly, when its appliable for the admin to intervene or have to get involved.

This is the problem.

Do what the Admin you PM'd told you to do. Take it to the helpdesk.

While you probably believe that the Admins and Mods all just look out for each other the whole time, but if you have a genuine grievance, and if you post calmly and respectfully, you will get an honest answer. They may side with you, they may side against you. But either way, you will get an honest, unbiased answer.

Mysterious, you've taken enough digs at me, calling mea joke mod etc. And on your profile page you've done nothing but put down mods and adminst. If you continue to rant about the CT forum and its mods on your profile you may have your ban extended.

You brought yourself here again by yourself. I would prefer if you didn't come here at all. You are so childish, Nobody should ever let you be a mod.

Another advantage of using the Helpdesk instead of Feedback. Unless your gripe is with 6th directly, I don't think he can post in it.

Seriously Mysterious, I'm trying to help you here. I definitely don't agree with the majority of what you say. But you do have the right to say it. But if this site is where you choose to say it, you have to follow the rules and procedures decided by the admins and mods. This is their site. They can do whatever they want. they can impose whatever rules they want. They try to be fair to as many people as possible, but there will always be people who don't think the rules are fair.

You have to decide which of those people you are.

6th wrote: »
    Mysterious, you've taken enough digs at me, calling mea joke mod etc. And on your profile page you've done nothing but put down mods and adminst. If you continue to rant about the CT forum and its mods on your profile you may have your ban extended.

6th you show up all the time, you follow my post's, check my activity, post on my threads,

You dig your own holes,

And now your here. I don't think I have anything more to say to you.

Another advantage of using the Helpdesk instead of Feedback. Unless your gripe is with 6th directly, I don't think he can post in it.

Seriously Mysterious, I'm trying to help you here. I definitely don't agree with the majority of what you say. But you do have the right to say it. But if this site is where you choose to say it, you have to follow the rules and procedures decided by the admins and mods. This is their site. They can do whatever they want. they can impose whatever rules they want. They try to be fair to as many people as possible, but there will always be people who don't think the rules are fair.

You have to decide which of those people you are.

I tried it's useless, all my pms with others said the same. It seems this is what they want.

The funny thing is I still don't know the reason. Cus it's not the "you disobeyed the charter" nonsense so your banned. That is not the issue here.

It's not what I did or didn't do, I have been here years and rarely ever posted complaints etc.. The Admins just don't want this issue sorted, so they allow it to be this way. It isn't sorted and helpdesk wont sort it. They close my threads.

In a general sense, its sad, because boards.ie is going down the drain. This is what from what alot have told me.

lets see for a second Mysterious, where exactly do I follow you? CT, I mod there. Paranormal, I post on there more than most people. Feedback, only in threads concerning the CT forum or where you whinge like a child about your bannings, Helpdesk, I can only post there is the thread is about me or a forum I mod.

On a quick check you also post in Commuting & Transport, Infrastructure, Limerick City, Astronomy, Clare, Midwest, Tipperary, Kerry, GAA, MIlitary .... I could go on but for the record ..... do I follow you to any of those or am I really just posting on forums I've been more active than you on for the last 4 years?

In a general sense, its sad, because boards.ie is going down the drain. This is what from what alot have told me.

Thats just plain wrong though, Boards.ie is doing better than it ever has and there are facts to back it up. Oh wait ... you dont like facts :rolleyes:

Well you are at this point.

Well you are at this point.

So you are wrong but wont admit it, thats cool.

Your here cus you know your guilty.

You are trying to defend your past behaviour.

That is why your following my activity. Your showing yourself up, all by yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Why don't you use this power for good instead of evil?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

6th wrote: »
    Thats just plain wrong though, Boards.ie is doing better than it ever has and there are facts to back it up. Oh wait ... you dont like facts :rolleyes:

"doing better" ? what are you basing that on?

page impressions?

new registrations?

peak log on's?

Dades wrote: »
    Why don't you use this power for good instead of evil?

I hope you do the good thing.

That is not the issue here.

It's not what I did or didn't do, I have been here years and rarely ever posted complaints etc.. The Admins just don't want this issue sorted, so they allow it to be this way. It isn't sorted and helpdesk wont sort it. They close my threads.

But what is the issue? That Boards has too many rules? That mods enforce them too strictly? Lets get away from what you said or he said or they did or you did, what is the actual problem, and what do you suggest can be done to fix it.

And please, I read your first post in this thread and it made little sense. Why not just outline your point clearly and concisely without exagurations or metaphors, and get to the root of what you want to say. That way, its more likely to be taken seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

6th you were given the power to abuse power.

Your sarcasm just makes this all the more surreal. But the banning was unjustly. But I still don't understand why you follow me on forums and throw in digs on every single thread I post or otherwise. I have not mentioned you by name on this thread.

Funny how a lot of you thread in feedback seem to be about something else entirely but you always have a post like this on this exact topic of how your pet fourm is being mis modded and ruined once you have gathered enough of an audience.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Funny how a lot of you thread in feedback seem to be about something else entirely but you always have a post like this on this exact topic of how your pet fourm is being mis modded and ruined once you have gathered enough of an audience.

No. 6th came on here by himself, to make a scene here.

So it's my fault that 6th came on here with a few digs??
    I didn't defer it, but it seems like you are drawing attraction to it. So funny isn't it:rolleyes:

Yes boards as a whole esp the more businer forums has become more politcal correct as the site has grown, it's to be expected. Pain in the arse I miss being able to tell people who were crying personal abuse and abuse of power here in feedback that it wasn't like I had told them to go sucky my cock. That phrase and the joy it brought has had to fall by the way side, such is the way of things.

But boards was always about discussion and debate rather then writting COCK in huge letters on some sort of internet wall, it can be a bit of a shock when you go in to your local and find the toilet doors have all been repainted and the vicious attack on anto's lack of manhood and grasp of female anatomy that sharon had written on the wall of the second last ladies cubicle which amused the hell out of you over the last 2 years is gone for ever.

But such is life.

I didn't defer it, but it seems like you are drawing attraction to it. So funny isn't it:rolleyes:

Well then be the bigger person and if he is shít stiring report his posts rather then rising to them and letting yourself down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

tbh should the comments of someone who spends there spare time trying to catch ghost's in a jam jar be really given any weight?

• Advertisement

Because I pmed them a long time ago, because I felt 1 mod, "public joke as a mod" had to be sorted by the head team.

Actually this is where you brough me into it. Had I posted before this point? Yes or No if you please. G'wan, prove you can answer a straight question with a straight answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement