Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is boards becoming too PC, or dare I say a plastic bubble fantasy.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If you like, to make this quicker, I could just copy the first 150 posts and append them to the end of this thread?

You know, save us all going around in CIRCLES AGAIN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Why not You have the power to I dont.

Your passive agressive whinging does not bring any boys to the yard at all, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ynotdu wrote: »
    Whitewashman,this reply for You and how on earth do you know that 99% are happy if they are intimidated into being silent lest they be banned?
    For two reasons:
    1. This isn't a school. If people felt intimidated, they would leave. The fact that they don't is the most useful metric.
    2. If people are intimidated, then we wouldn't see any complaints. Look at this feedback and helpdesk forum. Count the number of people who were banned *after* giving their opinion. (I'll give you a clue - it's less than 1) Look at the volume of people in each thread providing their opinion. Surely in fact if it was so intimidating to give your opinion, there would be very few responses to mysterious's post?

More interesting is to find a genuinely contentious issue and observe the volume of people who are not afraid to give a dissenting opinion. That's the real measure. If people were afraid of disagreeing for fear of being banned, them very few people would ever disagree. The fact that when something has genuinely gone wrong, people will speak out, show us that people are not afraid to say, "Something is wrong".

If everybody is disagreeing with an OP, then by and large that means that the OP is wrong, or at the very least is completely at odds with the general public perception. It doesn't indicate any external or unaccountable factors.

on Capitol D the site starter said He did think boards.ie was a very plain name,may,be conformist.ie, china.ie, Tibet.ie,keepyourheadlow.ie be better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Oh well, I guess everyone here is a conformist etc etc etc.

Happy now?

eagle eye wrote: »
    This bit actually interests me. What percentage of users who have posted over 2000 times have been banned from some forum at some time. Is it less than 1%?
    Does it differ greatly from forum to forum?

What exactly would you garner from that info, and what sort of assumptions would you be making?

Our job is not to satisfy 100% of our users.

That is impossible.

Our job is to try and deal with the small number of dissatisfied users in the best way we can. Currently, our users have asked us not to lock Feedback threads because it isn't fair, and that we should allow users have their voice.

We have allowed you have your voice. We have allowed lots of voices on multiple Feedback threads recently.

I'm just sorry that the posters who these threads have been left open for haven't used their voices with more foresight than to simply repeat the same points over, and over, and over, and over again, regardless of the feedback they're receiving themselves.

Your criticisms and your feedback have been heard. We are choosing to disregard them at this time, because we feel that the points you raise are not in the best interests of the huge majority of users on this forum.

Endless reiteration will not change this point. This is not Shawshank. A letter a day will not get you your library.

look i was talking about this thread and this thread alone,it was unbalanced and an admin or a mod should have gently intervened to tell others not to moderate,just because the OP puts on a brave face does not mean that is how they feel when being attacked from all angles.

In general i find a very soft hand on the admin/mod side of things on boards.ie,but there are exceptions.I am one of the ones who comes back ya know!

Our job is not to satisfy 100% of our users.

That is impossible.

Our job is to try and deal with the small number of dissatisfied users in the best way we can. Currently, our users have asked us not to lock Feedback threads because it isn't fair, and that we should allow users have their voice.

We have allowed you have your voice. We have allowed lots of voices on multiple Feedback threads recently.

I'm just sorry that the posters who these threads have been left open for haven't used their voices with more foresight than to simply repeat the same points over, and over, and over, and over again, regardless of the feedback they're receiving themselves.

Your criticisms and your feedback have been heard. We are choosing to disregard them at this time, because we feel that the points you raise are not in the best interests of the huge majority of users on this forum.

Endless reiteration will not change this point. This is not Shawshank. A letter a day will not get you your library.

will an apple a day keep the doctor away? may,be I will just play Redemption song :pac: I shaw Your logic there shawwwwwwwwww(I prefer the green mile though!

• Advertisement

Its feedback. If an admin interfered, then we would have countless pages of complaints that the people are being oppressed.......

Oh look, thats what has happened.

I guess you are just not correct.

Now, I am not big on locking threads, but this is just repetition, so if no one has anything to add, I will lock it shortly.

ah, i have seen the above post and can only surmise that this thread has indeed died.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement