Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA

Options
  • 21-06-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

How long do I need to be on Jobseekers Benefit to apply for BTEA?
    I really want to apply for a course in Sept & I will be 6 months on Social Welfare then.
    I actually want to do this course so badly that if I didn't qualify then I'd apply & pay privately.
    I just wouldn't be entitled to Jobseekers Benefit then :confused:
    Do I need to apply for the course before I apply for BTEA?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭LeotheLion

I think its 6 months if you are going for a PLC course,so if you are not applying to a degree course u should qualify,when u get a place on the course you get a letter from the college and bring it to the dole along with your BTEA form

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

Thank you.
    Hopefully I'm accepted on the course now & there's still places available.
    It's not a degree course, it's a 1 year pre nursing course in a PLC college.
    I just need this course so that I have something that makes me stand out when I apply to do nursing as a mature student in Trinity College in 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭LeotheLion

Hi,
    yeah,I'm hoping to get a place on a Pre university science course too in september,to prepare for entry to science related degree in 2010,I have been out of work 9 months I'm a carpenter but fed up with the construction Industry so hopefully I will get a place in september too!
    you should also enquire about a maintenance grant form your local county council or visit the cdvec site and email the grants section,I just emailed them both today asking for appliction forms to be posted out to me,
    :)

Advertisement