Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

its all changed

• 21-06-2009 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Remember when going to a dance was the highlight of the week?Fellas didn't shave until that night and who knows what girls did or didn't do.Okay,maybe a few drinks were the order of the day before you went in but that was only for dutch courage.You could actually hear what was being said.When you went outside,sometimes cold and maybe even a bit wet,you got a kiss,french if you were lucky and anything else was heaven and I'm not talking about intercourse.Is the death of this innocence part of the reason for the breakdown in society today?Manners are non existent,not just among the young.Its time values were reassessed and some of the good of the 60's was restored.Is it possible to turn back the clock?I for 1 sincerely hope so.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I am definately with you on that. Im only 17 and the things you here from people these days! Sure you meet a girl for the 1st time and, depending on the girl, you could be in her pants within 10 minutes! The old ways are gone now, the days when you would go out, see a movie and then get a peck on the cheek/lips which would make you happy for a week! Its all about how far you got with him/her now and i hate it! Its not that im socially inept or bad with girls, its that the romance and love is dying in teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 yaboyabobo

Doesn't that prove what I'm saying.I'm 54 and long for things to change,u are 17 and say the same.If only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Moved from Celebrity and Showbiz. Thought this was the best place for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

magicianz wrote: »
    I am definately with you on that. Im only 17 and the things you here from people these days! Sure you meet a girl for the 1st time and, depending on the girl, you could be in her pants within 10 minutes! The old ways are gone now, the days when you would go out, see a movie and then get a peck on the cheek/lips which would make you happy for a week! Its all about how far you got with him/her now and i hate it! Its not that im socially inept or bad with girls, its that the romance and love is dying in teens.

HIYA MATE GOOD 1 HA HA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Those were the days.

Remember Da used to send me to the shops for 2 Woodbines and an apple in me oul' Hobnail boots as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 yaboyabobo

Strange people everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

But it always was like that - some girls are just more promiscuos these days it seems. Even a line from a song from the 70s (grease) has the line "did you get very far" referring to a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

here are you gonna keep complainin' or are we gonna shag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I often wish I was 17 again. I would ride everything around me, even the fat birds.

Manners or no manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭spylon

I think people were always doing the exact same thing, to the exact same degree of filth, no matter how far you go back. Just read "Sexus" by Henry Miller. Just look at ancient Greece and Rome - rampant buggery, and more besides.

Having said all that, in my day you were doin well if you got the tit out of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Max Power1 wrote: »
    But it always was like that - some girls are just more promiscuos these days it seems. Even a line from a song from the 70s (grease) has the line "did you get very far" referring to a date.

True i know the song, s'pose its more the innocence thats been lost. In grease they had the girls dancing in that vid sequence with long dresses and all covered up, where as these days its all skin skin skin! Mini skirt here, low cut tight top there, its everywhere thx to celeb culture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Priests got all the action then it would seem and God forbid you did have sex outside marriage and a baby resulted.

Anyway getting back to the OP, I worry about teenagers these days especially when I'll have one in a couple of years. Innocence, is gone far too quick these days.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

spylon wrote: »
    I think people were always doing the exact same thing, to the exact same degree of filth, no matter how far you go back. Just read "Sexus" by Henry Miller. Just look at ancient Greece and Rome - rampant buggery, and more besides.

Having said all that, in my day you were doin well if you got the tit out of her.

Problem now is the interwebby thingey.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Whatever happened to the slow sets in nite clubs. I remember them when i started clubbing. Was the best thing ever, at least you had "do ya fancy a dance" when ya went on the pull (ya get a straight answer) and not trying to come up with stoopid chat up lines or rehearsed humour and then die a death after 5 minutes if you're not drunk enough :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

HIYA MATE GOOD 1 HA HA

Don't get me started!

hehehehhhohohohlolololalalala! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

yaboyabobo wrote: »
    Remember when going to a dance was the highlight of the week?Fellas didn't shave until that night and who knows what girls did or didn't do.Okay,maybe a few drinks were the order of the day before you went in but that was only for dutch courage.You could actually hear what was being said.When you went outside,sometimes cold and maybe even a bit wet,you got a kiss,french if you were lucky and anything else was heaven and I'm not talking about intercourse.Is the death of this innocence part of the reason for the breakdown in society today?Manners are non existent,not just among the young.Its time values were reassessed and some of the good of the 60's was restored.Is it possible to turn back the clock?I for 1 sincerely hope so.

Think you've got your rose-tinted glasses on there. People have been talking about the breakdown of society and bemoaning how horrible this generation is compared to the last one for centuries. In fact, I think there was a study done on it recently that showed we vastly tend to remember the good stuff from our youth, and forget the bad stuff, so that's probably what you're seeing now.

Frankly, I think we have it better now than ever before (recession obviously excepted). So go and enjoy yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Popped into my head for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I haven't been bald on my face in ages i don't use a razor I've all way's got a beard...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

True i know the song, s'pose its more the innocence thats been lost. In grease they had the girls dancing in that vid sequence with long dresses and all covered up, where as these days its all skin skin skin! Mini skirt here, low cut tight top there, its everywhere thx to celeb culture
    Saudi Arabia calling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Gotta say I agree with you OP. I'm only seventeen too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I am definately with you on that. Im only 17 !quote]
    I'm torn between saying

so your legal then?

And

Paedobear_tooOld.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Never a dancer myself but always chanced me arm with the slowsets.

Lock the gob, & drop the hand.;)

Romance '80s style.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

yaboyabobo wrote: »
    its all changed

Elsewhere in breaking news...
    A new political party know as the PDs is formed, Brian Keenan is taken hostage and Marathon bars change their name to Snickers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Elsewhere in breaking news...
    A new political party know as the PDs is formed, Brian Keenan is taken hostage and Marathon bars change their name to Snickers...

Child: "Whats a Euro, Daddy?"
    Dad: "Eh, I don't know!"

Advertisement