Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolf Portrait C&C

• 21-06-2009 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

First time I've picked up the camera in nearly 12 months was on a 3 week trip to Canada, mostly the rockies but also the haliburton wolf center. Below is my fav shot of the wolf visit...... any comments on PP greatly appreciated, only done a slight crop, levels and other minor adjustments so far (am still afraid of PS here!). Was taken at 800iso so not sure on how much freedom there is.

wolf_portrait01.jpg_595.jpg

Click twice for full-size (warning 3.5Mb!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It's nice but i think it suffers from the comp, the face is slightly to the right of the shot so you end up with dead green on the left.

I love photographing wolfs and my hope is to someday get to shoot them in the wild but one of the things that i maintain about wolves is they are a GREAT animal to shoot full body. They are dynamic as hell and just look brilliant i think. So don't be afraid of including the whole body in your wolf shots.

My final issue with the photo is the grey stone to the top and bottom of the animal itself, it blurs the lines of the subject and the photo loses pop. Once again though, that is just my opinion.

It may be a matter of personal preference but wolves ( or at least mosts animals ) look best when shot in a situation that both removes then from their surroundings and adds to the myth/ideals or general notions about the animal ( or breaks them completely). In this case i think the greatest success of your shot is that the wolf is looking straight into the camera and i can only assume you were in not doubt that he was basically watching a meal take his photo, so well done on that score.

Advertisement