Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your boards fantasy drinking bud..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I would've have to say Loopy and Sharpshooter. They're the first posters I became internet buddies with so they seem the most appropriate. Also, anyone who's mentioned me in this thread so that I may bestow them the gift of my company, the lucky bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Jackeenboy

Id go with liah ! Any ever see her?? Canadian I think..OOF !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

WhiteWashMan and Minesajackdaniels. The conversation would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

whoopsadaisydoodles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

dont know anyone well ere but read something funny by aboutobebanned there so he sounds liike a laugh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Anyone whod buy me dringk because those guys rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

'Partyatmygaff' lol :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭well horse

Flutterinbantam and fulton crown, seem like funny cnunts
    Degsy, seems to be angry about all the right things in fairness
    phasers to prove he's a she...i mean she's a she!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

tallaght01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Super-rush, i bet we would have some great conversations with each other, oh wait...scrap that

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tallaght01

He's from tallaght so he'd probably try and steal your wallet,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I´d go for a pint with the folks from the christianity forum because I´m an atheist and it is so hard to get your point across in an argument on boards; one conversation can take days. Face to face is much more satisfying. I want to have a solid drink with them, and have a solid face to face theological debate with them, and give out to them, and tell them that they´re wrong, and then smash a pint glass over their head. You´re allowed to do that in pubs by the way.

I´d also like to go drinking with mysterious. He/she is an absolute mentalist with some crazy ideas, although he could be the crazy mentalist that nobody listens to like in hollywood movies but is actually right....

Liah seems like she can hold a deep edumekated conversation, always good for pintage.

Ponster, cos he´s from Tipp and he hates Carrick-on-Suir. Good man. I hate Carrick-on-Sewer too.

Theyŕe the only ones that pop into my head atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I've only met two boardsies so far. One's turned out to be a good mate in real life and the other's kind of turned out to be a real dick. :pac: So other than them, I'm not sure, since the odds of actual coolness are 50/50.. hmm.

I've had some fun MSN conversations with Galvasean and Armin Tamzarian, I reckon they'd be fair fun to have the craic with.

Caomhin seems like a really, really nice guy and I'd love to have a chat over a couple scoops with him.

I'd love to even just witness mysterious in real life nevermind talk to him. He's an absolute legend. If he's anything like my mental image he is definitely worth meeting for the sheer epic lulz.

6th seems funny although I don't think I've ever spoken with him, just like his style! :pac: Same with Terry, he seems cool though I've not spoken with him very much, and I enjoy his drunken AH escapades.

Overblood, LZ5by5 and Zillah seem sound out and have made me actually think about things instead of just making instigating or making generally false firestarting posts. :D

Basically any random variety of people from the Paranormal (someone please take me on a ghost hunt? pretty please?!) or Atheism & Agnosticism forums. Paranormal's fun and draws a lot of both really quirky and really cool people, skeptics (myself) and believers alike and I think it would result in some interesting pint talk.

Atheism & Agnosticism on the other hand could potentially turn lethal if the religious folk who frequent it turned up. Still, like Overblood said it'd be a lot more conducive to debate in a face-to-face setting as threads tend to get really scrambled and they're too linear.

Jesus I have a bad habit of making posts that should be short really long, don't I? Wtf. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

liah wrote: »

Jesus I have a bad habit of making posts that should be short really long, don't I? Wtf. :eek:

yep...

its ok you just need to understand bullet point's :)

yep...

its ok you just need to understand bullet point's :)

Omg I knew I forgot someone. You're meant to be on my fantasy drinking buddy list. :p

• Advertisement

Omg I knew I forgot someone. You're meant to be on my fantasy drinking buddy list. :p

feck the drink im not interested tho if you want to

gimmie a shout :P

The discovery channel always gives me a wide-on.

The discovery channel always gives me a wide-on.

or we could watch

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1atuz_rainbow-twangers-episode_fun

full length version :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

girl at 0:20 is hwwwt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

For me it would have to be (in no particular order):

Abigayle and pikachucheeks. They are the people that I think I would have the best laugh with at a beers.

Others may appear as time goes on....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm new-ish so it's hard to decide, there are tons of people I'd love to have a chat with. Also people from the photography forum, to pick their brains!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I can't read this thread. There is an air of FAPish narcissism about it. I had to skip straight to the end. I'm scared that I'll find every poster on Boards EXCEPT me.
    I'm even more terrified that I'll find ME there linked to someone that I'd never in a million years concider having a drink with.
    :o

However amongst the Boardies that I've not already met I would like to have a pint with Rashers, Wishbone and everyone else on the Historic Dublin thread.

/Edit. OK, OK I read the thread. Maddison you and I are SO going to get pished together. Next time theres a Beers leave the car at home.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I'll drink with anyone who's willing to put out at the end of the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Damn.

According to my maths teacher; I'm impotent.. sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Peared, Sharpshooter, and GirlInterrupted would make the best girls night in.

GI can do the cooking and be funny without meaning to be, Peared for the wrestling and pillow fighting ;), and I don't know Sharpshooter, but I reckon she'd be a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

super-rush wrote: »
    Super-rush, i bet we would have some great conversations with each other, oh wait...scrap that

Nah i heard the guy's a pr1ck tbh.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

kingtut wrote: »
    For me it would have to be (in no particular order):

Abigayle and pikachucheeks. They are the people that I think I would have the best laugh with at a beers.

Others may appear as time goes on....

Well theres the incentive you were looking for right there. Me and Pikachutitscheeks are going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Nobody, yis are all a shower of weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Kiera, Dudess, Sharpshooter and MrStuffins.

I'm too new to have really good friends on boards but these guys are awesome , hilarious and sound to the new kid:D:pac:

[awaits thanks hopefully:p]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Caoimhin seems like a really, really nice guy and I'd love to have a chat over a couple scoops with him.

And handsome, dont forget handsome....

• Advertisement

Abigayle wrote: »
    Well theres the incentive you were looking for right there. Me and Pikachutitscheeks are going :D

We could go for a run beforehand just to see how good pikachucheeks both of you are at running :D and to work up a thirst of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Keogg wrote: »
    [awaits thanks hopefully:p]
    This Reverse Reverse psychology just dosen't work, we are only capable of one layer of reversal at a time. No thanks for you Sir!

No no No thanks wanted required or expected to this post, NOT No FALSE

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

OldGoat wrote: »
    This Reverse Reverse psychology just dosen't work, we are only capable of one layer of reversal at a time. No thanks for you Sir!

No no No thanks wanted required or expected to this post, NOT No FALSE

I see what you did there... um, i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Abigayle, Rhyme and Webmonkey for starters but like Abigayle said anyone on my buddy list!

but id say most Boardsies would be good craic to go drinkin with and i would have loved to go to the beers the last night but alas work and location stand in the way once again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Cosmic would like to go for a drink with Pighead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Degsy it is so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Would have to be either Degsy (our views are quite similar) or The Ultimate Chin (seems like he could be a great laugh):)

Webmonkey

I have met webmonkey, jealous? :D:D *insert evil cackle*

I have met webmonkey, jealous? :D:D *insert evil cackle*

ha, no, he seems like a sound guy. lucky you!

• Advertisement

tech77 wrote: »
    Nah i heard the guy's a pr1ck tbh.
    ;)

Oh he's a complete cnut but he's good for some sh1te talk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Oh and Degz you & God cause your up there on a par with the big man himself :P

Ah what am I on.....everyone I have so far not argued with on boards are cool, Id roide yiz all :P

Maddison wrote: »
    Ah what am I on.....everyone I have so far not argued with on boards are cool, Id roide yiz all :P

Come again??? :D

super-rush wrote: »
    Come again??? :D

You are all cool in my book, of course there are the exceptional few that Id rather wear my drink :P

You are all cool in my book, of course there are the exceptional few that Id rather wear my drink :P

:( bet I'm one of them :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

And you lot think shes joking.............

:D

:( bet I'm one of them :(

I dont recall any mean posts from you....im sure there are....Ill forgive & forget as long as you buy me a drink :P

LOL@Abi Too true girl too true!

I'll do shots with you Abi. You can choose the shot.

Abigayle i tell you now it shall be jaeger bombs all the way :D

I dont recall any mean posts from you....im sure there are....

Seeing as this is only my second post ever directed at you I have a 100% nasty free track record with you :) with that in mind, I think you owe me a pint, thanks... oh and a roide *

*well you did offer!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement