Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please - Can't log in using normal account

Options
  • 21-06-2009 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am having trouble logging in using my normal account. I'd rather not post my username in this thread, but I know any admin can find it easily using muppetcheck or IP checking (I am a mod, btw). I thought creating another account and posting in helpdesk might be quicker. I am certainly not banned so that is not an issue.

If you need me to post my account name here let me know, or send a PM please.

I can't log into my account at all. I have tried using Firefox, IE7 and Chrome. I have also tried it on another pc, and on my phone.

I have never had this issue before. I get this message.
    You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

When I enter my email address to get an email, I get this message?
    You have not entered an email address that we recognize. Please try again or contact the administrator.

Do you know what the issue is? It's a real pain. I was in less than an hour before this happened, and I have cleared cache, etc, but since it is across browsers I doubt this has anything to do with it.

Help!!!

Cheers.

Edit: This may be something to do with hotmail issues I have been having over the last day, but it was not an issue with boards until earlier AFTER I cleared my cache for a non boards reason, but only on firefox. I'm tres confused.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Drop me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 temp

PM sent (twice actually). It is not showing up in my sent items though for some reason. If it didn't send correctly for some reason let me know in here please.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have received it and am discussing it with my fellow Admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi temp, I have received word from the mod that you confirmed this with.

I was going to swap your email addresses around and send you activation codes for your original account but the original account now has a very different gmail email address. Did you somehow get this changed via DeV or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 temp

Thanks for looking into this Gordon. That's weird though.

I have not ever requested an email change on my original account. I will PM you what the original email on my account was.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement