Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you form thoughts?

• 21-06-2009 5:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have never studied psychology before and I don't know if this is a stupid thing to be asking but how do you read and how do you form thoughts? I can only speak for myself on these questions and something I heard someone say recently made me question myself. They asked in a joking manner do we think in our own accents and was laughed at when he said he has internal conversations with himself without just automatically forming the thoughts.

As i'm sitting in bed thinking about these questions just now I seem to have an internal conversation with myself, I dont just automatically form thoughts I speak to myself in my mind. I think about something or I will experience something and then I will discuss it with myself in my mind if that makes any sense at all. I mean I was day dreaming about something and all of a sudden I started asking myself questions and answering them, without just forming the questions in my mind I actually asked myself the question as I would ask some else aloud.

Also, when i'm reading a sentence, my mind reads the sentence internally the same way as I would read it aloud. As a kind of secondary activity my mind in the background takes the information and forms thoughts on what i'm reading but I am essentially reading to myself. Does anyone else do this?

Advertisement