Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why Isn't Smith and Jones on anymore?

• 21-06-2009 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I really miss that show :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Prolly cos it isn't 1988?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Because it was rubbish. You can always watch 12 episodes of the latest american bollox instead...lost or some other such gick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

from what I remember (mainly based on 90's repeats as I was only born in 83) while not the 9' O Clock news was great Smith and Jones was one step up the rung from Hale and Pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Because it was rubbish. You can always watch 12 episodes of the latest american bollox instead...lost or some other such gick.

It was great, so funny. Been watching loads of clips of it on youtube recently. They are 2 really funny guys, really underated.

Anyway what do you like then? No doubt some bollix like the it crowd, or little britain or or or the catherine tate show.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Iancurtis and Shamblertine, please keep the discussion civil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It is rare for comedy to continue for a number of years. Comedy moves on from year to year. I am surprised that Sacha Baron Cohen is still going. But it is better to move on and be nostaligic than ask "Why aren't they still on the air?" because you end up getting abuse. :(

Anyway what do you like then? No doubt some bollix like the it crowd, or little britain or or or the catherine tate show.

:mad:

Sham, to tell you the truth I find it hard to watch television these days. Every few months some american show is hyped to hell and finds itself all over every channel.

Usually the show is crap and riddled with clichés: Lost, 24, The Wire, House, Greys Anatomy, Desperate Housewives...you name it

I can still bear to watch Dragon's Den, The Apprentice...but for comedy I watch my dvds of I'm Alan Partridge, Extras, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm

Smith and Jones weren't bad, but it had definitely run it's course

Usually the show is crap and riddled with clichés: Lost, 24, The Wire, House, Greys Anatomy, Desperate Housewives...you name it

I think you need to sit down and watch The Wire. It should never touch the other shows that you mention.

I would also recommend you take a look at

ER
    The Practice
    Homicide: Life on the Streets
    OZ
    Mad Men

But yeah you go back to watching the Brothers :rolleyes:

Elmo wrote: »
    I think you need to sit down and watch The Wire. It should never touch the other shows that you mention.

I would also recommend you take a look at

ER
    The Practice
    Homicide: Life on the Streets
    OZ
    Mad Men

I've better things to do than watch any of that pony and trap.

Like being annoying haha funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I didn't think that any on the list were set in Amish country.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I didn't think that any on the list were set in Amish country.

Hahaha

That actually made me laugh!!

Nice one!!! :)

Advertisement