Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ/Producer will work for free!

• 21-06-2009 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi there.

My name is Bart Wilde and I am DJ/Producer with a large experience.
    With over a 3 years of playing for a home parties and for Spanish clubs now I decided to give a shoot and start to play in Ireland.

My proposition for clubs and agents is simple :
    I will play for free for a month or two anywhere in Dublin area, and if you will be happy with me, we can talk about signing me.

More about me you can find at : http://myspace.com/bartwilde

Contact e-mail : bartwilde [at] yahoo.co.uk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

Id say you can join a line the length of an average dole que of people who will play for free in Dublin and listening to you're MySpace tunes I cant see where you're going to get many slots.Better of trying Poland with that sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

nonsense42 wrote: »
    Id say you can join a line the length of an average dole que of people who will play for free in Dublin and listening to you're MySpace tunes I cant see where you're going to get many slots.Better of trying Poland with that sound.

Harsh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Did you get "unbelievable" cleared? Could be dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

that's very harsh mate.

Best of luck Bart anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

nothing wrong with telling it like it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Thats very unfair on the Polish. They've got a decent club scene from what I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Thats very unfair on the Polish. They've got a decent club scene from what I hear.
    +1
    One of Europe's major Electonic music festivals takes place in Kraków each October. I played the festival last year (albeit not dance music in my case) and the place was a cheese free event (except perhaps for the Pierogi)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

jaysus, i'd read a few books on musical theory first - start with the chapter on what "keys" are (hint - they're more than just the black and white buttons on your midi-keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

jaysus, i'd read a few books on musical theory first - start with the chapter on what "keys" are (hint - they're more than just the black and white buttons on your midi-keyboard.
    On a different note, I've just realised your username is not [cm] Tranny :pac:

Just to clarify Im not singling Poland out for a bad music scene but if you actually read his MySpace you will see hes FROM Poland.

Secondly its not harsh telling him anything.Far from it.I know soo many djs who will play anywhere for free if they get the chance so he will be joining a large que.

Lastly whats the point in lying about his tracks.They sound like Euro Dance.If he wants to make it in the game or get some respect for his work then he needs to up his game and make some proper music.

And I say that for his own sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Just to clarify Im not singling Poland out for a bad music scene but if you actually read his MySpace you will see hes FROM Poland.

Secondly its not harsh telling him anything.Far from it.I know soo many djs who will play anywhere for free if they get the chance so he will be joining a large que.

Lastly whats the point in lying about his tracks.They sound like Euro Dance.If he wants to make it in the game or get some respect for his work then he needs to up his game and make some proper music.

And I say that for his own sake.

I was being Mildly sarcastic with my initial reply. Didn't mean to start a flame war. I've listened to the tracks and agree.
    Offering to play for free doesn't go a long way in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

any relation to Frankie...<sorry> :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the first few bars of 'Dance All Night' sounds like the start of that '80's hit, 'I think we're alone now' by that red head Tiffany...<sorry...again!>

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

jaysus lads, constructive criticism goes a long way. he's putting himself out there and offering to work for free.
    there might be lots of people willing to do it but it still should be commended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

gsparx wrote: »
    jaysus lads, constructive criticism goes a long way. he's putting himself out there and offering to work for free.
    there might be lots of people willing to do it but it still should be commended.

Oh true...

There's no real market for this sort of stuff over here outside the under-18's circuit though - and even the under 18 crew know enough about melody to know there's something seriously wrong with these tunes

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

I have not listened to these yet and i cant now cuz im in work, are they really euro dancey?, this guy must be feeling pretty small now ye are poking him with a stick while he is curled up in a ball on the ground leave him alone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

and even the under 18 crew know enough about melody to know there's something seriously wrong with these tunes
    Maybe you could elaborate and tell us what's seriously wrong with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Funniest thing Ive read in a long, long time!

splitrmx wrote: »
    Maybe you could elaborate and tell us what's seriously wrong with them?

How about they're shiite!!!

The melodies are cheesy.Some of the keys are wrong and it sounds like it was made by someone who hasnt got a clue!!

Whats the point in tip toeing around the issue. Its kind of annoying when someone posts up here that they're willing to work for free and links a MySpace of woeful tunes.

Save us the bother of listening to it will you!!

Advertisement