Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having Net problems with Eircom Netopia router....

Options
  • 21-06-2009 1:13pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so here's my problem. I'm a big WoW player, but about a week and a half ago, I started getting kicked out of the game regularly. It seems like, for some reason, my net connection just cuts and takes a while to let me back into the game. Upon further investigation, I found that it happens accross all my computers and Xbox at the same time and that when it happens, the last green light on the router turns red.

It's not constant; some days I wont have a problem, some it will happen once or twice and be fine, and some it won't work for me at all. The major annoyance is that I can't play with people online because when I do, there's the fear I'll be kicked out of the game, and thus no one wants to have to rely on me :(

HELP!?! Anyone have any suggestions? Bear with me since I'm not great when it comes to internet related problems.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Ok, so here's my problem. I'm a big WoW player, but about a week and a half ago, I started getting kicked out of the game regularly. It seems like, for some reason, my net connection just cuts and takes a while to let me back into the game. Upon further investigation, I found that it happens accross all my computers and Xbox at the same time and that when it happens, the last green light on the router turns red.

It's not constant; some days I wont have a problem, some it will happen once or twice and be fine, and some it won't work for me at all. The major annoyance is that I can't play with people online because when I do, there's the fear I'll be kicked out of the game, and thus no one wants to have to rely on me :(

HELP!?! Anyone have any suggestions? Bear with me since I'm not great when it comes to internet related problems.....

if its a problem in the house the dsl light will go out and when it comes back the last light can stay red for a minute or 2,

1)if the dsl is not always on

check that every phone/sky box/alarm has a filter and the bb has none or is in the DLS side of the double splitter

try the bb in a different phone socket

2) but if the dsl light is always on and the internet light is going red by itself i'd be almost certain that its a problem in the exchange

ring eircom tomorrow on 1800503303 and say technical support

best of luck

Advertisement