Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog hair hoover recomendations

• 21-06-2009 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

like the title says, i have a jack russell cross dog that stays in the house, i find that the constant shedding of this breed is killing my hoover, it'll hardly pick up anything now, has anyone here got a good hoover designed for picking up pet hair that works?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

We have a Miele Cat and Dog TT 5000,it's an excellent hoover for everything.

Unfortunately comes with a hefty price tag,can't remember exactly but was €300 odd

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Scober11

Dyson animal is the best of them all. We've tried almost all of them at one point or another. Its fairly pricey it think it was 480 euro about two years ago they also do a little hand held version at about 200 euro which is very effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭evogirl

ive got a Henry, its got the turbo brush thingy that picks up hairs easily. Same as above though, its pricey enough too. Think it was about 300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

+1 for the Dyson Animal.
    Got one about 3 months ago and it is excellent.

I think its RRP was €349 but there was an offer of €100 off when you recycled your old one so we got it for €249

http://www.dyson.ie/range/feature_frame.asp?model=DC19-ANIMAL

edit: Its €359.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

ShayK1 wrote: »
    +1 for the Dyson Animal.
    Got one about 3 months ago and it is excellent.

I think its RRP was €349 but there was an offer of €100 off when you recycled your old one so we got it for €249

http://www.dyson.ie/range/feature_frame.asp?model=DC19-ANIMAL

edit: Its €359.99

Got the Dyson19 animal about 2 months ago, price was 225, well worth it though, would advise for anyone with dogs inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Another for the Dyson, we've a DC21 Animal and does a great job in picking up hairs from our Lhasa and Shih Tzu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I use a nilfisk handy 2 in 1.. But we have wooden and tile floors so it's brilliant for a quick go about every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

same here got the dyson animal, not sure of model 5and half yrs ago and still going strong. deffo recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've got a Dyson. Would love a Miele, but don't love the price tag!!

Wouldn't go beyond either one TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Are the fiters a pain to clean in the dysons? We had a bagless morphy richards one a few years ago and it was a nightmare with emptying the dust "jug" thing and the filters having to be cleaned all the time. I replaced it with a bagged electrolux one similar to this for €35 3 or 4 years ago and haven't looked back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

tk123 wrote: »
    Are the fiters a pain to clean in the dysons? We had a bagless morphy richards one a few years ago and it was a nightmare with emptying the dust "jug" thing and the filters having to be cleaned all the time. I replaced it with a bagged electrolux one similar to this for €35 3 or 4 years ago and haven't looked back.

+a million for dyson. I have a 5 year old dyson (not an animal just an ordinary one dc19 I think) and it is amazing. Funny enough I only found out I had to rinse out filter from
    Dyson lady at pet expo!!! Cleaning the filter is easy peasy just rinse under water and allow to dry naturally. I bought the car kit as I find the mini turbo head super for the carpet on stairs and cushions. But this turbo head now comes with the newer models. I also bought the dyson grooming tool for the dogs and find it great. I would love to buy the animal but my dyson is still going perfect I honestly couldn't justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Got a dyson animal before i even had a dog because its recommended for allergies, now i have three dogs and it works wonders.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I'm struggling on with the bagless MR - it won't pick up off carpet, I have to pick up the hair and feed it in by hand:eek: And the filters are horrible to clean - you need to go outside and make sure the wind's in the right direction...
    Need a replacement for no more than 100, do they still make that electrolux?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Have a dyson too. Few years old now. It's a purple one, think called pet one. Brilliant thing.
    Okay you have to empty the box a lot, but you're also picking up a lot!
    Picks up more hair better than any other hoover I had.
    They are expensive, but I do think worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Try the dyson DC 35 animal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Another plus 1 for the Dyson Animal, we have three hairy pets, and it keeps the place spick and span. Ours is about 4 years old now, and still going strong. In blows all other vacuums out of the water in my opinion.

The filters are a breeze to clean - I do it about once a year, and it's simply running it under a tap for a few minutes and then leaving it to dry. It's actually one of the things I love most about the Dyson, they are simple to take apart and put back together, so keeping it in perfect working order is really easy - and there's no arseing around looking for the right bags, or filters or what have you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

I run a doggie daycare and groomers etc and we have a russell hobbs dalmation hoover it is in argos for about 100e and amazing we love it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I have a dyson anti-allergy and love it. 7 yrs old and still going strong. I have never cleaned the filter, never even entered my head :confused:

Advertisement