Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here if you passed first-time

• 21-06-2009 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

If you passed your driving test first time,
    Share your Experience here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭gillo_100

I passed first time just there on Friday.

I had been insured on my parents car for about 9 months a couple of years ago, but never did a whole lot of driving and decided not to renew as too expensive. Begining of this year decided it was finally time I learn to drive, I'm 24 btw.

Decided to get my own car rather than go on parents, so got myself a civic in mid march, more or less applied for test straight away. Got 5 lessons out in Raheny over the past 3 weeks, other than that just a bit of driving in evenings or weekends with parents. Never took the car out myself either.

Had test there on friday afternoon, and in fact had a supervisor in car also. Which is kinda funny cause when doing any reversing he practically lies down on back seat to get out of your way. Anyway passed with 4 grade 2 and a couple of 1's also.

Overall it was fairly easy I reckon, and to be honest I know I still have a hell of a lot to learn about driving. I still don't fancy going through city centre or the likes of the Red Cow. Have to say also instuctor I had was very good in my opinion and did help a lot, well worth it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I started in driving for the very first time during March 2008, passed first time in August 2008 and drove red cow, M50 and M1 in September. enjoyable stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Well they always say, the best drivers pass 2nd time and i fully agree with this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Well they always say, the best drivers pass 2nd time and i fully agree with this :D

No they dont :)

I passed first time, was close to failing on Reactions,
    one more Grade 2 and i would have failed i think.
    Apart from that i did ok.

Delighted i Passed FIRST time. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Passed first time back in april.

Was only 17 and 6months that very day :D

Got 2 grade 2's and 2 grade one's i think.

Was fairly confident going in so wasnt really nervous. flew through the test, remembered everywhere i went and even told the tester all the mistakes (and one extra) that id made during the test before he gave me the result, was well chuffed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

passed just over a year ago (26 June 2008, to be precise) :D

It was a close call, too. I had 7 or 8 Grade II faults, three of which were for clutch errors. I slightly touched the kerb on my reverse around a corner and I actually cut out when trying to take off after the lights went green, but I was lucky with the examiner I got. He explained everything perfectly clearly and didn't make a single pen stroke during the test, as well as fully appreciating that I may have been nervous prior to the test (which I bloody well was!). I will never forget being in the test centre at 3:30 on that Thursday afternoon when he proclaimed "You can relax now, you've passed". A true gentleman. I reckon my instructor would have failed me three times over.

Oh, and it was absolutely bucketing down with rain that day too. :)

I know I was very fortunate, and there might be a few reading this thinking "you ba...rd" but suffice to say I was a happy man that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

been driving 9 months. passed first time yesterday. before hand had 1 lesson and 3 pretests. test in finglas

hit a speedbump too quickly, too hesitant at a roundabout and hit 3rd instead of 1st and car did an impression of a stuttering alcho with the shakes. and there were my 3 grade two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Passed first time many years ago, which was nice as my carburettor packed in a day before and I had to do the test in me oul' fella's car that I'd never driven before - a big diesel yoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Passed first time after about 6 weeks driving. Instructor said I'd a very high standard of driving. Was about 7 years ago now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DrivingMad

I passed my test first time in 1985 (Now I feel very old!!).
    I was the youngest of four children, all of whom had sat their driving tests and passed frist time, so, the pressure was on!
    It was April 1st, (yes, April fools day! can you believe!?) and at the end of my test when the examiner said I had passed, I felt that I had to make sure that he wasn't messing with me!
    Even though it was so many years ago, I remember it all very clearly, and this seems to be the case for almost everyone. It must be one of those defining moments in your life or something.
    What do I do for a living now???
    ........I'm a driving instructor!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement