Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Questions - FM Transmitters and Carkits

• 21-06-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

My other half has a jap import Honda, which means that the stereo is tuned to japanese FM frequencies (doesn't go up the band any further than 90 Mhz or so).

Is there an FM Transmitter she could get that would work with Nokia phones - she currently has a 5310 but is probably changing to a 5800 in the near future - so that she could tune the stations in on the phone and listen to them through the car's speakers?

Secondly, I'm looking at the Parrot Ck-3100 kit for my own Passat (I currently have a Nokia E51 but also probably changing to a 5800 or LG Arena - per the other thread :)).

Carphone Warehouse have these at €230 incl installation at the minute, but they also have the Nokia CK-15 kit at €199 (presumbably ex-installation as it's not mentioned in the ad). Any opinions on which is better?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A fm transmitter than set its own value is what you need once it has a 3.5mm headphone jack. One like this one: audiax 301 it cal set its own freq from 88.1-107.9 Mhz. I have the same model linked, its the best quality one i have used so far.

Regarding the carkit, the Parrot is listed as compatible with the LG and the 5800 where the CK-15 isnt listed as the LG compatible.

Advertisement