Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Respect the Irish Vote: Aftershock in European Parliament

• 21-06-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

This is great stuff.

Very dramatic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I think Katy Sinnott paid a high price for hanging around with those people from the United Kingdom Independence Party. The were the ones who were celebrating in a Brussels pubs by using the tricolor as a beer mat. Very respectful...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    I think Katy Sinnott paid a high price for hanging around with those people from the United Kingdom Independence Party. The were the ones who were celebrating in a Brussels pubs by using the tricolor as a beer mat. Very respectful...

It was an Irish theme party. The pub was decorated with Irish flags. Ive seen pubs abroad use beer mats with the Irish flag on them during the Saint Patricks Day festival. It was not disrespectful, I would call asking the Irish people to vote again on Lisbon disrespectful.

But of course, you know this, its not like you have an agenda or anything is it my German friend?

You can stick your Lisbon Treaty up your.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

PaulieD wrote: »
    It was an Irish theme party. The pub was decorated with Irish flags. Ive seen pubs abroad use beer mats with the Irish flag on them during the Saint Patricks Day festival. It was not disrespectful, I would call asking the Irish people to vote again on Lisbon disrespectful.

But of course, you know this, its not like you have an agenda or anything is it my German friend?

You can stick your Lisbon Treaty up your.....

I'm not German. Easy on the personal stuff.

The UKIP have no interest in Ireland. I fail to recall them ever getting involved in the campaign here. As soon as the results came out they seemed to be very interested in it. They used the No vote to further there own political agenda. They used the Irish flag as a beer mat and an I they same time called on other to respect the Irish. I dont care if it was a 'party' or not. Do you have a link to show it was a 'party' by the way?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    I'm not German. Easy on the personal stuff.

The UKIP have no interest in Ireland. I fail to recall them ever getting involved in the campaign here. As soon as the results came out they seemed to be very interested in it. They used the No vote to further there own political agenda. They used the Irish flag as a beer mat and an I they same time called on other to respect the Irish. I dont care if it was a 'party' or not. Do you have a link to show it was a 'party' by the way?

If you are not German, "EuroKraut", whats with the name?

Maybe the UKIP were interested in democracy. Why where we the only country out of 27 to vote on the treaty? Why are we voting on it again? It stinks and is undemocratic.

Stick the poxy treaty up your......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Politics Forum is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=99
    European section: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1069

PaulieD, you might want to reconsider your tone towards other posters especially if you post in the above forums.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement