Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours and serious threads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It was handsomecake that got banned for that joke. Johnny K on the other hand didnt make a joke of the kid but still got banned.
    He got banned for discussing a moderation decision on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

It was handsomecake that got banned for that joke. Johnny K on the other hand didnt make a joke of the kid but still got banned.

Ah.... ok.

Its probably been explained already in this thread, or the other one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Quazzie wrote: »
    He got banned for discussing a moderation decision on thread.

Steviecakes disagreed with it, he didnt get banned! eh hem double standards!

anyway he didnt get banned for that, he got banned for having a different opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Steviecakes disagreed with it, he didnt get banned! eh hem double standards!

anyway he didnt get banned for that, he got banned for having a different opinion.
    Did you ban him? If not how do you know why he got banned?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Did you ban him? If not how do you know why he got banned?

Because i know everything he said in that thread, he expressed and opinion that wast liked and he was banned. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I think what people are missing here is that you cant put good ol fashioned common sence into the charter. Yes there is a place for a crude joke or two, but the time and place of said quip is paramount. I cant tell you when it is.. Thats when your cop on should kick in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

i made the chemo joke.

snyper wrote: »
    I think what people are missing here is that you cant put good ol fashioned common sence into the charter. Yes there is a place for a crude joke or two, but the time and place of said quip is paramount. I cant tell you when it is.. Thats when your cop on should kick in.

That place is AH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't post there but I do read there. I'm just suggesting what would be imo a simpler solution. Do you not think it would be better for all concerned?

Lets say a guy goes in on page 4 of a thread and makes a smart comment. There are plenty of people who do not read the whole thead you know thereby missing a moderator warning about not joking in the thread.
    Posting a comment on a 4 page thread without having read it is like walking into a pub, going over to your friends who are in the middle of a conversation and telling them that you like smarties.

Rabies wrote: »
    I can't remember if it was Johnny K or handsomecake I banned. Who ever it was, the ban was for 10 days and it was for the chemo joke. It will be over soon
    Ban still stands

Having two threads in Feedback and one in Help Desk. Is this a new record :/
    Nope. I had 3/2 or 4/1. Can't remember which. There was 5 anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I barely post in AH as tbh sometimes the posts in there are just way OTT. However, that is the way the forum is. I don't like the comments so I don't go there. Plenty more forums on the site.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    Posting a comment on a 4 page thread without having read it is like walking into a pub, going over to your friends who are in the middle of a conversation and telling them that you like smarties.

perhaps one of your friends told you that their initial conversation was about smarties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

;

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Why do people assume that a forum for discussing things in a light hearted or casual fashion gives them the right to contribute personal abuse, prejudice, bigotry or trolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

faceman wrote: »
    Why do people assume that a forum for discussing things in a light hearted or casual fashion gives them the right to contribute personal abuse, prejudice, bigotry or trolling?

Because of the stupid thanks button I reckon. Get rid of the thanks button and you'll get rid of the problem.

faceman wrote: »
    Because people are idiots.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Because of the stupid thanks button I reckon. Get rid of the thanks button and you'll get rid of the problem.
    Problems existed in AH long before the thanks button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

To be fair, there is a level of exuberance in the serious discussions on After Hours the likes of which you tend not to see on Humanities, Politics etc. And Politics is stricter, which is cool, but AH allows a little more leeway. If the trolls were ignored/reported, they'd go away.
    Plus, if someone's posting idiotic, unfounded, bigoted sh1t, their comments get blown out of the water which can make good reading...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

i didnt make any joke. i was banned for life for basically telling the mods they are hypocrites.thay have me over a barrel because i have previous convictions................but my previous bannings were for holding other members to task over THEIR tastelss jokes in threads.i got banned on both sides of the fence.!!!! in the air france thread people made jokes about the dead. i called a guy a cuunt and got banned.the pun makers didnt get banned. i then find the pixar thread WITH THE SAME PUNTERS IN IT but all of a sudden everybody has become virtuous and we are to geniflect to THEIR empathy for the girl.so seeing an opportunity to expose them for the frauds they are,posted some crass stuff of my own. the bloke who did the finding chemo joke(tasteless but absolutely cerebral genius) gets banned,knoxville gets banned for pulling them up on their hypocrisy and i get banned for playing by the exact same rules that applied to the air france thread.i didnt use foul language,abuse anyone personally etc(i made sure not to)..............but they still find a way to ban me because they hate when somebody upsets the apple cart.

if the mods cannot admit the double standards that they exhibited in these threads and more,they are liars who wont retract the banning out of pride and stubbornness.they are completely wrong. if you look at other posts i make in other categories i do contribute and enjoy debate.( q people looking for more ammo against me)

and for what its worth i started a helpdesk thread weeks ago calling for a serious equivalent to after hours and the mods said no. then we have unserious threads and they still ban you......................MAKE UP YOUR MIND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

And yet, at the same time, you appear to be disruptive, and the fact that you have numerous bans would suggest to me that you have done nothing to change the way you interact with other users and will continue to do so.

While you may not agree with it, the moderators have made a decision which they feel benefits their forum

i didnt make any joke. i was banned for life for basically telling the mods they are hypocrites.thay have me over a barrel because i have previous convictions................but my previous bannings were for holding other members to task over THEIR tastelss jokes in threads.i got banned on both sides of the fence.!!!! in the air france thread people made jokes about the dead. i called a guy a cuunt and got banned.the pun makers didnt get banned. i then find the pixar thread WITH THE SAME PUNTERS IN IT but all of a sudden everybody has become virtuous and we are to geniflect to THEIR empathy for the girl.so seeing an opportunity to expose them for the frauds they are,posted some crass stuff of my own. the bloke who did the finding chemo joke(tasteless but absolutely cerebral genius) gets banned,knoxville gets banned for pulling them up on their hypocrisy and i get banned for playing by the exact same rules that applied to the air france thread.i didnt use foul language,abuse anyone personally etc(i made sure not to)..............but they still find a way to ban me because they hate when somebody upsets the apple cart.

if the mods cannot admit the double standards that they exhibited in these threads and more,they are liars who wont retract the banning out of pride and stubbornness.they are completely wrong. if you look at other posts i make in other categories i do contribute and enjoy debate.( q people looking for more ammo against me)

and for what its worth i started a helpdesk thread weeks ago calling for a serious equivalent to after hours and the mods said no. then we have unserious threads and they still ban you......................MAKE UP YOUR MIND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

Sorry thought it was you who made the joke.
    I think your ban should be lifted, there's a lot of others who do too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Sorry thought it was you who made the joke.
    I think your ban should be lifted, there's a lot of others who do too

I don't.

And it's not going to be.

Anything else?

• Advertisement

orestes:

"kumate champ07 it seems like your history on AH is nothing but low level trolling. You contribute well to the fitness forum and a couple of other forums but when it comes to AH you seem to have an axe to grind.

After posts like this why in gods names should the AH mods have to answer to you?"

(since i couldnt respond to this low level insult here is my response)

nothing but low level trolling? wrong. not sure what axe youre talking about.

i called someone a fag in a homophobia thread, it was meant as a joke. i did not know the way AH worked at the time. i am 'gay friendly', nowhere near being homophobic.

and ive been helpful in the photography forum too, theres not much 'trolling' as u call it in my post history.

my questions werent answered before you digged up that post. i guess youre hurt because you seem to have nothing but low level intelligence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

dig up dude. UP!

tbh wrote: »
    dig up dude. UP!

not sure if i cancer

orestes:

"kumate champ07 it seems like your history on AH is nothing but low level trolling. You contribute well to the fitness forum and a couple of other forums but when it comes to AH you seem to have an axe to grind.

After posts like this why in gods names should the AH mods have to answer to you?"

(since i couldnt respond to this low level insult here is my response)

nothing but low level trolling? wrong. not sure what axe youre talking about.

i called someone a fag in a homophobia thread, it was meant as a joke. i did not know the way AH worked at the time. i am 'gay friendly', nowhere near being homophobic.

and ive been helpful in the photography forum too, theres not much 'trolling' as u call it in my post history.

my questions werent answered before you digged up that post. i guess youre hurt because you seem to have nothing but low level intelligence
    You do realise that you are now going to be banned from Feedback, don't you?

Fink Goddie, which re-reg are you?
    You can only be a re-reg because you seem to have an innate knowledge of how AH works (or should work as far as you are concerned).

You might as well tell us now because we're going to figure it out eventually. Then you can start fresh and let us catch you again and the cycle continues.

Once again, AH is a general discussion forum.
    General discussion.
    That means that sometimes threads can be serious.

AH is not a free for all.
    Do you understand that,or will I just ban the three of you (Fink Goddie, kumate_champ07 and Johnny_Knoxville) permanently now and save the users of AH from having to put up with your crap?

General discussion.
    General discussion.
    General discussion.

You can only be a re-reg because you seem to have an innate knowledge of how AH works (or should work as far as you are concerned).

You might as well tell us now because we're going to figure it out eventually. Then you can start fresh and let us catch you again and the cycle continues.

General discussion.

Do you understand that,or will I just ban the three of you (Fink Goddie, kumate_champ07 and Johnny_Knoxville) permanently now and save the users of AH from having to put up with your crap?

General discussion.
    General discussion.
    General discussion.

why would you ban me from feedback? i already said i wouldnt be going back to AH if this is the kind of stuff that happens

why would you ban me from feedback? i already said i wouldnt be going back to AH if this is the kind of stuff that happens
    I can't ban you from Feedback. I'm not a moderator here.

So AH isn't for you.
    Boards.ie has over 1,000 other forums for you to choose from.
    There's no need to kick up a stink just because AH doesn't suit your tastes.

General discussion.

General discussion.
    General discussion.
    General discussion.

Search all you like, i'm not a re reg, just a fast learner.:)

All i really wanted answered was why did the other people that posted in the pixar thread, who expressed the same opinion after everyone was banned not get banned too???
    They saw the warnings, they saw the bannings, why was there different rules for them?

There's no need to kick up a stink just because AH doesn't suit your tastes.

this is the feedback forum.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Search all you like, i'm not a re reg, just a fast learner.:)

All i really wanted answered was why did the other people that posted in the pixar thread, who expressed the same opinion after everyone was banned not get banned too???
    They saw the warnings, they saw the bannings, why was there different rules for them?

Are you waffling about that one guy? Black Knight or whatever? Once a thread reaches X amount of pages a poster may not have seen a moderator warning 100 odd posts back. In that event we may look at his posts in the thread to see if he would have seen the warning. We would then delete any comments and re-post a warning to any newcomers that posting BS and nonsense like the stuff that got you banned will in fact get you banned.
    You know. Like the warnings there in the first place. Which you ignored. Which got you banned.

• Advertisement

Are you waffling about that one guy? Black Knight or whatever? Once a thread reaches X amount of pages a poster may not have seen a moderator warning 100 odd posts back.
    first page warning. number of pages after does not matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement