Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours and serious threads

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Are you waffling about that one guy? Black Knight or whatever? Once a thread reaches X amount of pages a poster may not have seen a moderator warning 100 odd posts back. In that event we may look at his posts in the thread to see if he would have seen the warning. We would then delete any comments and re-post a warning to any newcomers that posting BS and nonsense like the stuff that got you banned will in fact get you banned.
    You know. Like the warnings there in the first place. Which you ignored. Which got you banned.

Originally Posted by eagle eye viewpost.gif
    Lets say a guy goes in on page 4 of a thread and makes a smart comment. There are plenty of people who do not read the whole thead you know thereby missing a moderator warning about not joking in the thread.[/I]

Originally Posted by Terry Posting a comment on a 4 page thread without having read it is like walking into a pub, going over to your friends who are in the middle of a conversation and telling them that you like smarties.

Terry doesnt seem to agree with you!!!

this is very confusing, which moderator is right here????

Anyway no i'm talking about Phasers, steviecakes, Jape, they all agreed and had the same opinion about it being a marketing/pr stunt, they agreed with what i said and what Johnny K said but didnt get banned.
    Why is this??? i dont agree they should get banned but this shows double standards.
    this question still hasnt been resolved!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It was resolved in the other thread.
    Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Mr Bollocko I never got to respond to you, no you obviously didn't get my PM as I have no copy in my sent box. I was using an old mobile phone to post of recent and for some reason none of my PMs have sent.

It was also mentioned that I used the words "death race 2009" during the thread, again that was a the heading of a previous thread I used, which my phone has saved an keeps coming up every time I was posting. If you want to confirm that look at Puddleducks responce to me in the last Thread I started and I told her it was mobile phone glitch. That was not intentional.

And Terry why are you threatening to ban me for now? My Feedback thread was locked and now you're coming in here banging on about banning me for good? I hadn't said a thing since my thread was locked, I've served my ban...seems you're getting upset over the criticism. You're threatening polls to have people banned for good, and accusing people of being re-regs. Sounds like you losing it just because people want to debate the issue...Take a chill pill dude.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Mr Bollocko I never got to respond to you, no you obviously didn't get my PM as I have no copy in my sent box. I was using an old mobile phone to post of recent and for some reason none of my PMs have sent.

It was also mentioned that I used the words "death race 2009" during the thread, again that was a the heading of a previous thread I used, which my phone has saved an keeps coming up every time I was posting. If you want to confirm that look at Puddleducks responce to me in the last Thread I started and I told her it was mobile phone glitch. That was not intentional.

And Terry why are you threatening to ban me for now? My Feedback thread was locked and now you're coming in here banging on about banning me for good? I hadn't said a thing since my thread was locked, I've served my ban...seems you're getting upset over the criticism. You're threatening polls to have people banned for good, and accusing people of being re-regs. Sounds like you losing it just because people want to debate the issue...Take a chill pill dude.:cool:
    terry cant ban you in the feedback forum for criticizing him. it says so in the feedback charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I was actually asking if all three of you wanted to be banned from AH.
    None of you seem to like the threads there, so why would you want access?

Fox news pisses me off. Rather than complain fruitlessly about something I can't change, I choose not to watch it.

An amazing thing happened when I stopped watching it.
    It stopped pissing me off.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »

Fox news pisses me off. Rather than complain fruitlessly about something I can't change, I choose not to watch it.

im already banned. you cant ban me again for giving my opinion and asking questions in the feedback forum.

AH is a general 'relaxed'(supposedly) forum. its not a propaganda news network.

how did you reach that magical conclusion? ive been complaining about the mistakes made in the pixar thread. ive enjoyed posting and making the odd thread in afterhours. so you are incorrect, i do like most of the other threads. anything i dont like or have no opinion on i stay out of. i had an opinion on the pixar thread as did others, but we werent allowed have an opinion of our own in there. only 'pixar is awesome' comments were allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im already banned. you cant ban me again for giving my opinion and asking questions in the feedback forum.

AH is a general 'relaxed'(supposedly) forum. its not a propaganda news network.

You do not decide what AH is and isnt.
    Dont make the mistake of thinking you are in charge.

I have heard enough. You can complain bitterly all you want, you can demand answers to all sorts of stupid questions. You were banned for being stupid, you knew you were being stupid, and yet you did it anyway. Thats called being disruptive and you were removed by the mods for that.

thats good enough for me.

feel free to continue your merry go round whinge-a-thon, but at this point, I am not going to entertain any further requests on anything.

i like posting in AH, no one said otherwise. It bothers me the double standards in that thread, as Fink mentioned, later post said what i said didnt banned. In future i promise to conform, were everyone is posting "im crying" "im crying too im so sad" i will post something similar and join in "im in a glass house of emotion". We should have a Wake Forum, for all the sad stories that might help. Or maybe indicated with an sad face on the link to the thread that everyone is very emotional and destressed state posting.

Excellent. Another happy poster.

• Advertisement

It was resolved in the other thread.
    Move on.

It wasnt resolved, so Phasers, steviecakes, Jape, they all agreed and had the same opinion about it being a marketing/pr stunt, they agreed with what i said and what Johnny K said but didnt get banned.

It wasnt resolved, so Phasers, steviecakes, Jape, they all agreed and had the same opinion about it being a marketing/pr stunt, they agreed with what i said and what Johnny K said but didnt get banned.

get over it. you are not going to get the answer you want.
    Life is unfair, the mods are bastards, everyone is mean.

get over it. you are not going to get the answer you want.
    Life is unfair, the mods are bastards, everyone is mean.

I KNEW IT!!!! Thanks for clearing that up :D

You do not decide what AH is and isnt.
    Dont make the mistake of thinking you are in charge.

I have heard enough. You can complain bitterly all you want, you can demand answers to all sorts of stupid questions. You were banned for being stupid, you knew you were being stupid, and yet you did it anyway. Thats called being disruptive and you were removed by the mods for that.

thats good enough for me.

feel free to continue your merry go round whinge-a-thon, but at this point, I am not going to entertain any further requests on anything.

what is AH? is my description of AH Wrong? how does that make me think im in charge?
    my questions are stupid?

thats a stupid thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

orestes:

"kumate champ07 it seems like your history on AH is nothing but low level trolling. You contribute well to the fitness forum and a couple of other forums but when it comes to AH you seem to have an axe to grind.

After posts like this why in gods names should the AH mods have to answer to you?"

(since i couldnt respond to this low level insult here is my response)

nothing but low level trolling? wrong. not sure what axe youre talking about.

i called someone a fag in a homophobia thread, it was meant as a joke. i did not know the way AH worked at the time. i am 'gay friendly', nowhere near being homophobic.

and ive been helpful in the photography forum too, theres not much 'trolling' as u call it in my post history.

my questions werent answered before you digged up that post. i guess youre hurt because you seem to have nothing but low level intelligence

That's where you went wrong. There's a charter there and in every forum. It clearly says "read before posting".

Excellent. Another happy poster.

i was happy in the first place, i just strayed into an unhappy thread. One of public mourning and grief. And when i made a cynical comment... The tears and snot was replaced by anger. And i felt the wrath of mob who wanted a lynching to make them happy again.

Thanks for your discription of the mods! J.R.R Hartley couldn't have put it better!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

i was happy in the first place, i just strayed into an unhappy thread. One of public mourning and grief. And when i made a cynical comment, after being specifically warned not to.. The tears and snot was replaced by anger. And i felt the wrath of mob who wanted a lynching to make them happy again.

Thanks for your discription of the mods! J.R.R Hartley couldn't have put it better!

FYP

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Now Dr. Bollocko is just targeting us. We said nothing at all wrong in yet another thread on After Hours and he has banned us from the thread for no reason at all. FFS a bit of banter is what AH is for.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60847011&postcount=46
    is the thread where he banned me. He can't really do that can he? Just ban someone for a thread for having an opinion?

Yes.
    Yes I can.

pixar just announced after the success of UP that they will be making tumor sequels

(in all seriousness, i wonder how much of the profits they are donating to cancer research? maybe they'll give a few of the dvd's up for a raffle when they are released)

Originally Posted by johnny_knoxvile
    hahaha... Good stuff!
    You should help co-write an episode of Murder She Wrote.

This was responding to another persons joke about how it should be made into a movie, what are we not allowed make jokes anymore!!!!

Quote:
    rambo would be about the same age as the "bad" guys

Same here!!!!

Quote:
    i fixed your post too, you can thank me.

Lord of cheese changed my quote first, can we not do the same no, different rules for different member???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fink Goddie
    You didnt fix it properly, you left out a full stop.

More Reality, con artists exist.

I was commenting on Lord of cheese being a smart @rse and changing my quote, am I not allowed be smart back????

Quote:
    you were right, so i fixed for you! TAADAA!

Same here!!!!

Quote:
    What a super movie, maybe he inspired them!!!

Again agreeing with someone else that Gran Torino was a great movie, whats wrong with this???

Quote:
    LOL

Whats wrong with this????

Quote:
    Now now language Timothy!!!

You dare me, oooh i love dares, i double dare you to prove he wasnt a scam artist!

I fixed your quote for you too btw.

Lord of cheese f*cking dared me to do sumthin so I doubled dared him, whats wrong with this?????

Quote:
    Burden of proof LOL, Have you never played dare and double dares before??

I can imagine you playing spin the bottle hitting everyone with legal jargen. FUN TIMES, LOL

I'm saying he was prob a scam artist so he probably deserved a good bang of a zimmer frame yeh

Quote:
    I still dont understand how he was made of jam? Or what the swan did on the scam artist?

Lord of cheese mentioned the jam and the swans, your problem with this is???

Quote:
    Are swans made of jam???

Quote:
    Bringing swans and jam into an argument about a scam artist isnt that bright either.

Quote:
    Question for ya, would it not be as easy to prove swans are not made of jam as it is to prove that swans are made of jam??

Knoxville. Goddie. This determined tag team trolling nonsense stops now. You have now been banned from this thread due to your consistent asinine thread spoiling. If you post in this thread once more for any reason, even to apologise for the nonsense spewed above you will be banned from After hours. For a good long time. If I find any incidents of similar again on any other AH thread the same ban threat stands.

Trying to find anything you can on us now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Actually the quote tags work like this:

[noparse]
    [/noparse]

When you type that code into your posts it appears as so:
    Might be handy to delimit which bits are your words and which are mine cos the one above is a bit tl;dr.

LOL so predictable!!!

Thanks for the advice, pity i cant colour co-ordinate them for you, or use hand puppets to make it clearer :D

The point was anyway, i'll put it in bold for you.

You were trying to find fault with us to get back at us because we showed up your double standards in the Pixaar thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

hahaha... Good stuff!
    You should help co-write an episode of Murder She Wrote.

This was responding to another persons joke about how it should be made into a movie, what are we not allowed make jokes anymore!!!!

Quote:
    rambo would be about the same age as the "bad" guys

Same here!!!!

Quote:
    i fixed your post too, you can thank me.

Lord of cheese changed my quote first, can we not do the same no, different rules for different member???

Quote:
    You didnt fix it properly, you left out a full stop.

More Reality, con artists exist.

I was commenting on Lord of cheese being a smart @rse and changing my quote, am I not allowed be smart back????

Quote:
    you were right, so i fixed for you! TAADAA!

Same here!!!!

Quote:
    What a super movie, maybe he inspired them!!!

Again agreeing with someone else that Gran Torino was a great movie, whats wrong with this???

Quote:
    LOL

Quote:
    Now now language Timothy!!!

You dare me, oooh i love dares, i double dare you to prove he wasnt a scam artist!

I fixed your quote for you too btw.

Lord of cheese f*cking dared me to do sumthin so I doubled dared him, whats wrong with this?????

Quote:
    Burden of proof LOL, Have you never played dare and double dares before??

I can imagine you playing spin the bottle hitting everyone with legal jargen. FUN TIMES, LOL

I'm saying he was prob a scam artist so he probably deserved a good bang of a zimmer frame yeh

Quote:
    I still dont understand how he was made of jam? Or what the swan did on the scam artist?

Lord of cheese mentioned the jam and the swans, your problem with this is???

Quote:
    Are swans made of jam???

Quote:
    Bringing swans and jam into an argument about a scam artist isnt that bright either.

Quote:
    Question for ya, would it not be as easy to prove swans are not made of jam as it is to prove that swans are made of jam??

Knoxville. Goddie. This determined tag team trolling nonsense stops now. You have now been banned from this thread due to your consistent asinine thread spoiling. If you post in this thread once more for any reason, even to apologise for the nonsense spewed above you will be banned from After hours. For a good long time. If I find any incidents of similar again on any other AH thread the same ban threat stands.

Trying to find anything you can on us now

To be fair the two of ye stank that thread right up.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fink Goddie / Johnny Knoxville
    Now Dr. Bollocko is just targeting us. We said nothing at all wrong in yet another thread on After Hours and he has banned us from the thread for no reason at all. FFS a bit of banter is what AH is for.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...1&postcount=46
    is the thread where he banned me. He can't really do that can he? Just ban someone for a thread for having an opinion?

Writing what people might say, LOL, these are the actions of someone who's losing it a bit, in my opinion.

You had some good points though, well done

To be fair the two of ye stank that thread right up.

I gave my opinion at the start, then Lord of cheese came in, didnt like that opinion and her ruined the thread. Changing the quotes of what i said, using bad language, talking about swans and jam.

I only responded my friend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,960 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I gave my opinion at the start, then Lord of cheese came in, didnt like that opinion and her ruined the thread. Changing the quotes of what i said, using bad language, talking about swans and jam.

I only responded my friend!!!
    Spoken like a true troll ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

trolls have intelligence, mostly, quazzie :)

fink is the type of person who cannot understand basic syntax and logic. When you decide that they cannot understand even basic reasoning, and walk away, fink will stand there going "I feckin showed him!!"

In short: don't get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. If you ignore him/her long enough, they'll go away. Watch her/him respond to this post :)

tbh wrote: »
    trolls have intelligence, mostly, quazzie :)

fink is the type of person who cannot understand basic syntax and logic. When you decide that they cannot understand even basic reasoning, and walk away, fink will stand there going "I feckin showed him!!"

In short: don't get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. If you ignore him/her long enough, they'll go away. Watch her/him respond to this post :)

TBH must have the same mentality as he/she/shim has to keep coming back too. LOL

Watch him/her/shim reply, maybe not straight away, but you'll be back, you LOVE it!!! :D:D

Troll, nope! just someone who likes people who dont take life too seriously and likes a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

:rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the bit where you've been banned and it doesn't really make any difference to anyone.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the bit where you've been banned and it doesn't really make any difference to anyone.

Ahhhhhh knew you'd reply, we must have the same mentality so.
    Thanks for pointing that out, god we're like board twins or sumthin. AWESOME!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement