Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legal Party Pills

• 21-06-2009 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Has anyone tried the legal party pills that you buy in the local hemp shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

mates have....
    some are ok some are crap...
    i only really drink though....thing that pisses me off.... in my area its easier to get hash than it is to get beer...

and i stay away from that crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

molli85 wrote: »

Yes, and I still got pregnant. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I thought they were all banned anyway now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Surely no one over 16 does this crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

TheZohan wrote: »
    Yes, and I still got pregnant. :(
    You obviously didnt take them while standing on your head and singing ave maria. Everyone knows thats how to take them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

worst buzz ever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

I did it paddys weekend last year after a long break from pills. Never again, was the worst bang of my life, was awake until 8 o clock the following nite, climbing the walls. needless ta say, never again.

They are muck. Really really bad buzz. Never ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

apparently they make you puke like a mo fo,never tried them myself,but ive never heard any good stories about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Don't be a pussy. Use heroin like I real man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

BZP was banned, Morning Glory is still legal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I always they were called stupid pills.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

BZP was banned, Morning Glory is still legal.
    Is that what they put in them instead of BZP now?

Grahamo999 wrote: »

not too sure if they just replaced the ingredient, afaik they've been around longer than BZP pills have.

People should do some research if they're planning on taking them or anything else. They've been known to cause puking and diarrhea, simultaneously =p

I don't know if many people know this but in a lot of MDMA, the speckled ones (with yellow dots) is actually opium based, not sure if its heroin or whatever and the with traces of rat poision, methinks the head shop ones are probably more dangerous. I shudder to think of the mission I was on in my rave days and if the head shop one's were around at the time, they probably would have prevented me from ever touching pills. But, the memories are well worth it cause I had the best nights ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Why do the legal ones when the illegal ones are:
    A) Cheaper
    B) Nicer high (you know, one that you don't want to come down off)
    and
    C) More widely available

Legal highs me bollocks...

[edit] Renraw, that's a myth about heroin in pills...why would they put a few tenths of a gramme of something that costs €70-80 per gramme into a pill that already has to include MDMA and filler, just so they can retail them at €2-3 a pop?

Read here: http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=139

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Stay well clear of these horrid little bastards. There isn't much of a buzz to speak of, forget about sleep for a good 36 hours and a horrible feeling next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

molli85 wrote: »
    Awful idea. You feel better the next day after regular ones than you wouold do with herbals, they're that bad.

Wertz wrote: »
    Why do the legal ones when the illegal ones are:
    A) Cheaper
    B) Nicer high (you know, one that you don't want to come down off)
    and
    C) More widely available

Legal highs me bollocks...

[edit] Renraw, that's a myth about heroin in pills...why would they put a few tenths of a gramme of something that costs €70-80 per gramme into a pill that already has to include MDMA and filler, just so they can retail them at €2-3 a pop?

Read here: http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=139

This is going back a while, the likes of love doves...thats what I was lead to believe is all and how addictions supposedly starts...I have no facts to support it. Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

They are horrid; made with 'research chemicals', mostly, which have not yet been proscribed in Ireland. Don't touch them.

Morning Glory contains LSA (ergine), a hallucinogen. I think it's proscribed here - definitely is in the States, Schedule 3. I doubt that they replaced BZP with LSA, the two are very different.

• Advertisement

@grahamo999

Sorry that's nonsense IMO....now bear in mind I've only done BZP/party pills once, and once was more than enough.
    If I could describe it as being the worst alcohol hangover I've ever had, in terms of headache and upset stomach, alongside the lack of sleep that preceded, I wouldn't be doing it justice. I still felt "dirty" 2 days afterwards.
    Contrast that with a stint during the 90's of about 8 years of almost constant clubbing and doing pills every weekend, with all that that entailed....sure, I had some bad comedowns, sleepless nights, racing pulse, the "horrors", depressive mondays and the like but nothing compared with the one time late last year that I thought party pills might be a good idea...and like I've said before, the MDMA high is almost worth the comedown (but probably not worth dying over).

I don't bother with pills these days, simply because the facilities to enjoy yourself on them (decent clubs, music, surroundings, people) aren't as widespread as they once were and you get f*cked out of almost anywhere for loooking like you're doing anything but buying and imbibing overpriced alcohol. Outdoor festivals are about the only place I bother doing E now...

[edit]
    renraw I'm not calling you out...I heard, believed and spread the same rumours about brown speckled doves way back when as well....it's was our way of explaining the loved out feeling, you had terms like skagging and being smacked out of it (both terms for heroin) that were used to describe the initial comedown from E, when your body is just knackered from all the dancing and such. Stuff like jaw stuck out and the gurning, eye rolling, teeth grinding....all that is solely down to MDMA and it's derivatives and I've found that in recent years, those effects are less pronounced (unless you do loads) so the guys making them are obviously putting less of the good stuff into em...
    I was definitely addicted to the whole scene when I was at it, but heroin addict I was not...I think I'd have known and going by a few people I know from back then that went on to be junkies, we were never even close to looking or being anything like smackheads.

[edit2]
    Just to add, someone has come on to this forum looking for advice on acquiring and taking legal highs and I've turned around and recommended they go the illegal route. I don;'t know what age this person is, what their history of use of substances is or much else about them. In my honest opinion, I have to say that if you're not yet an adult or ahve low experience of insobriety then the best thing you can do is avoid botht he legal and the illegal stuff. If you must have some then try and do it with friends and people you trust, don't take too much and never be afriad to tell someone if you think thiongs aren't going okay or you feel unwell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I felt a big groggy but it really is far worse the day after doing proper ones. I've knocked them on the head a good while ago but I'll still get the herbals for a special occasion! :)
    I didn't think that was possible...

The thing i found with herbals is the sheer slowness of it all. with regular ones, you drop, come up in half an hour stay high and come down over the course of on hour or so. Depends on how many you take but a good sleep will sort you out most of the time. Herbals are more gradual in every way. You take one, spend an hour coming up, an hour high and then the horrible gradual comedown over the course of 12 hours or so and you can't sleep on the bloody things either.

so you must be one happy bástard :D

fwiw, comparing ecstasy to legal pills etc is ludicrous imo. They don't have the same mechanism of action at all. Legal pills work more like LSD, in fact LSA is found in many of them.

I wouldn't go near ecstasy, personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

illegal over here since last year. Mated have done them and have said the 'hangover' is terrible. You need loads of water and Hairy Lemon or Berocca to get yourself over it. Haven't tried it them, don't plan on either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

fwiw, comparing ecstasy to legal pills etc is ludicrous imo. They don't have the same mechanism of action at all. Legal pills work more like LSD, in fact LSA is found in many of them.

I wouldn't go near ecstasy, personally

Doubtful -- LSA is a precursor to LSD and is Class A in Britain, Schedule III in the USA. I don't know about here, though.

EDIT: You CAN buy the seeds, but I don't think you can have it in a concentrated form.

Wertz wrote: »
    @grahamo999

Just to add, someone has come on to this forum looking for advice on acquiring and taking legal highs and I've turned around and recommended they go the illegal route. I don;'t know what age this person is, what their history of use of substances is or much else about them. In my honest opinion, I have to say that if you're not yet an adult or ahve low experience of insobriety then the best thing you can do is avoid botht he legal and the illegal stuff. If you must have some then try and do it with friends and people you trust, don't take too much and never be afriad to tell someone if you think thiongs aren't going okay or you feel unwell.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

No
    Morning Glory are Mushroom Spores which contain LSA (a naturally occuring hallucinogenic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergic_acid_amide

A natural LSD if you like.You can buy it in most shops in Ireland including Dunnes Stores and Tescos,they are used in cooking.
    renraw wrote: »
    I don't know if many people know this but in a lot of MDMA, the speckled ones (with yellow dots) is actually opium based, not sure if its heroin or whatever and the with traces of rat poision, methinks the head shop ones are probably more dangerous. I shudder to think of the mission I was on in my rave days and if the head shop one's were around at the time, they probably would have prevented me from ever touching pills. But, the memories are well worth it cause I had the best nights ever

Total nonsense mate,I remember being told the same years ago.

BZP as far as I know is not even banned,I have never seen the legislation and the only proof we have is that the newspapers wrote articles saying it was banned but it has most definitely been removed from all the shops.

Legal Pills do still exist but do not contain BZP.

DMAA also known as Geranamine is to be found in some http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geranamine
    Its popular with bodybuilders and often mixed with caffeine to reduce the euphoria so that it can be used more efficiently for energy for a longer/harder workout.

TFMPP is still legal (very mild on its own and in the right doses)
    pFPP is still legal (nothing great,can make you laugh uncontrollably though)
    meOPP is still legal (very very mild love buzz and body tingling,no comedown whatsoever.)
    They can never ban everything that gets you high,there are always ways of achieving it.They should focus on regulating it,making it safer with controls and taxing it to make money.

By the way if you want to learn about drugs legal or illegal there is this thing called the internet where all this information can be found and if you use it for a while you can tell the difference between valid information and disinformation/scaremongering.

For insights into drugs and their history/culture visit the likes of http://www.erowid.org/
    or
    http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/index.php

If you feel that drugs are affecting you in an adverse way or you have become addicted to a substance and need help or advise please visit
    http://www.na.org/

If some people dont do drugs thats fine but they shouldnt be able to tell me I cant as its my choice as long as I am harming no one else.

BTW why hasnt Harney banned Alcohol which kills thousands every year and ruins families,one of the worst drugs ever IMO (Im totally addicted to it btw lol).Tobacco is still legal and it doesnt even get you high (again im an addict).

Think of all the people languishing in jail for non-violent drug crimes like possesion of cannabis etc,its a waste of money and it turns citizens into criminals.

Anyway Im off topic,please inform and educate yourselves if you are going to take something and think twice about calling for things to be banned just because you dont like them.I absolutely hate motorbikes,my brother was killed on one,yet they are available once you are of a certain age and have passed certain tests and most are capable of going way faster than our highest speed limits-But I dont call for them to be banned.Its your choice what you do once youre old enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

galwayrush wrote: »
    I always they were called stupid pills.:rolleyes:

As in people who take them end up doing things like leaving entire words out of posts?:pac:

[Core] wrote: »
    Doubtful -- LSA is a precursor to LSD and is Class A in Britain, Schedule III in the USA. I don't know about here, though.
    it's source isn't restricted in too many places. Though use of it for the manufacturing of 'legal' pills will probably be stamped out soon enough.

[edit] yeah its the seeds that are used in high concentrations in the pills.

• Advertisement

AFAIK they all have different effects, the silver bullets were ment to be like speed, party palls like E and the same for Nirvana Gold but on a lesser scale. Don't think you can just brand all them as being horrible and nasty

That's a fair point, god knows I've taken some pills over the years that were duds, sub-par or simply something other than E...had they been the only pills I'd ever taken I'd be slating ecstasy as being sh*te.
    But then again, the one time I do take party pill (they were a capsule with a clear end and a red end with brown granular stuff inside) I end up experiencing all the crap I'd read about them beforehand and being even sicker than I thought possible.
    Maybe there are good ones out there...but again I have to come back to the simple fact that if the substances they contained were really any good, they'd be on the scheduled drug list (yes I know BZP is on it now).

As for the conmparison between E and party pills? Valid IMO, irregardless of their differing mechanisms of action. The rise of legal highs in pill form come from a marketplace demand for designer highs that also didn't get people in trouble with the law. These things are marketed as being a substitute for E's, speed, acid, whatever...something that (IME) they failed to do, so the comparison stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 yellowstar

legal pills are evil.....evil I tell you. You may never sleep again. Though I did think I was seeing fairies and yea had the attention span of a goldfish.

Next day and night another story have never had a skag like it horrible horrible horrrible!! Also really affects your heart more than real ones. A couple of friends have had really bad experiences, stick to real ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Pat Sheen

[Core] wrote: »

EDIT: You CAN buy the seeds, but I don't think you can have it in a concentrated form.

Our drug legislation is a direct cut and paste of UK legislation almost WORD FOR WORD. That's just f*cking embarassing. Not only do we have stupid drug laws but we have stupid drug laws that we copied over the shoulder of the UK. sneakerfreak I can assure you bzp is BANNED. It's not banned in the UK because like I said they have to have a recommendation from the ACMD first. They have done that so it will be soon. edit:BTW what checks and balances does the minister of health face in this country before they can add new drugs to the statute. I mean it's supposed to be a democracy is it not? Remember how quick shrooms were banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Dragan wrote: »
    As in people who take them end up doing things like leaving entire words out of posts?:pac:

words ??? thats quite minor I lost about a week once dunno what happened I went out to see lisa lash's and A week later I woke up in my bed fully clothed and no recolection of where id been or what id done only lots of tickets for night clubs and a nodge of dope in my jonny pocket...:confused: and a very empty bank account...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

words ??? thats quite minor I lost about a week once dunno what happened I went out to see lisa lash's and A week later I woke up in my bed fully clothed and no recolection of where id been or what id done only lots of tickets for night clubs and a nodge of dope in my jonny pocket...:confused: and a very empty bank account...
    A week? Find that very hard to belive

BZP was marketed as an E alternative in many places although its effects are actually closer to amphetamines with a hint of LSD.
    It was marketed lately as an alternative to methamphetamine in New Zealand (currently the market leaders in legal highs and alternative psychoactives) where they had a serious problem with health and addiction due to this substance.
    http://www.stanz.org.nz/

Most 'Street Pills' these days which are sold as Ecstasy do not even contain MDMA,they more commonly contain mcPP as the active ingredient.It is a legal Piperazine from the same family as BZP/TFMPP/pFPP/meOPP and other drugs like Viagras active ingredient.mcPP is the drug you are experiencing when you feel anxious and nauseous and feel that directionless 'push' where you feel you need to do something but dont quite know what exactly it is you should be doing.It has never to my knowledge ever even been used in Legal Highs due to its 'skaggy' effects.

Heres a link with some info on mcPP http://www.drugpreventionevidence.info/web/mCPP322.asp

And another,there are loads to be found,some from police websites in England saying 80% of seized pills contain only mcPP.
    http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=11157

• Advertisement

A week? Find that very hard to belive

have you ever been in a night club and had a conversation with a poster ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Well, if i had gone to see Lisa Lash's i would be trying to block it out too.:pac:

Sneakerfreak, it's nice to see you posting some quality information here. Cheers.

Pat Sheen wrote: »
    Our drug legislation is a direct cut and paste of UK legislation almost WORD FOR WORD. That's just f*cking embarassing. Not only do we have stupid drug laws but we have stupid drug laws that we copied over the shoulder of the UK. sneakerfreak I can assure you bzp is BANNED. It's not banned in the UK because like I said they have to have a recommendation from the ACMD first. They have done that so it will be soon. edit:BTW what checks and balances does the minister of health face in this country before they can add new drugs to the statute. I mean it's supposed to be a democracy is it not? Remember how quick shrooms were banned?

Have you seen any documentation of this?Not doubting you mate just wondering if you can find some.

Its still legal there yes mate but most vendors have removed it from sale AFAIK.

The banning of the mushrooms was a joke.Some unfortunate fellow died from injuries resulting from a fall and his death was used as a hollow excuse to ban one of the most fascinating and valuable naturally occuring substances in the world (albeit a substance to be treated with care).I would like to know what other substances were in his system at the time.Also why is it that people who are said to have died from hallucinogenics supposedly think they can fly and jump from heights?Surely if you can fly you can take off from the ground.
    Please do not take this as an attack on the deceased or his family,I am merely pointing out media hysteria and their use of familys grief to further their sales of scaremongering comics commonly known as newspapers.

Well, if i had gone to see Lisa Lash's i would be trying to block it out too.:pac:

Sneakerfreak, it's nice to see you posting some quality information here. Cheers.

No problem mate and I agree on Lisa Lashes,Id rather eat my own shíte lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Pat Sheen

No
    Morning Glory are Mushroom Spores which contain LSA (a naturally occuring hallucinogenic

Morning glory are not mushroom spores, they are the seeds of a popular ornamental plant. edit:and yes I have seen the legislation banning bzp. It is the only piperazine which has been banned.

• Advertisement

true but its who your with at the time :).......

I have seen left feild live twice so i redeam my self as well as underworld, orbital, james lavelle, stanton warriors plump djs, deep dish,
    But the best act of dance music and drugs has to be Daft Punk my good can they rock a place.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Stay away from the legal ones. Easily the worst comedown i've ever had. horrid experience.
    Illegal ones give a better high and genarally produce a nice glowy comedown, and it's usually not hard to sleep at all, depending on the quality of the mix. After a while you learn as you go from what symbol is etched on top of the tablet. 'Stars', are prob the best at the moment in my opinion.

Stay away from the legal ones. Easily the worst comedown i've ever had. horrid experience.
    Illegal ones give a better high and genarally produce a nice glowy comedown, and it's usually not hard to sleep at all, depending on the quality of the mix. After a while you learn as you go from what symbol is etched on top of the tablet. 'Stars', are prob the best at the moment in my opinion.

did you find on the legal ones you felt like crap the next day ?

Oh and london underground are horrible !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Yeah definitely felt absolutely awful next day after legals.:( Hard to describe what a weird state of mind you get into. The sleep deprivation is the worst, almost like sleep paralysis or something. Whereas i had a illegal ones last night (taken responsibly of course!) and i feel fine now! ;)

Definitely believe ya...Been there, was only 3 days but that was a turning point for me. I've seen mates go on total benders 24/7. Dont know how they could afford it though :confused:...and they're complete messes now

Yeah definitely felt absolutely awful next day after legals.:( Hard to describe what a weird state of mind you get into. The sleep deprivation is the worst, almost like sleep paralysis or something. Whereas i had a illegal ones last night (taken responsibly of course!) and i feel fine now! ;)

Exactly the same i felt like death, awful, and again same experience got brown mdma, I was fine felt like my eyeballs where about to rexplode at one point but :D.... but agian the come down was nice and easy !!!

renraw wrote: »
    Definitely believe ya...Been there, was only 3 days but that was a turning point for me. I've seen mates go on total benders 24/7. Dont know how they could afford it though :confused:...and they're complete messes now

Student loan ;) yep that was turning point for me really i don't take so many chemicals any more....well any to be truthfull barely drink now adays tho i had ten years off pure unadolterated selfishness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Those symbols mean nothing. I remember in my day double Cherrys where the best for a while, then you'd see them again maybe a year later and their completely different. After 6 months your best off ignoring the symbols that where good as they've probably been selling off crap ones on the reputation of that symbol.

There was a bad batch of mitsubishis going round waterford i think it was 2002 and a load of people ended up out in the hospital, some in the psych unit and others A & E. Their skin went into an elastic type state, where they could pull the skin inches away. Thank f*ck I was passed the stage at that point. That frightened the sh1te out of the scene in waterford. Whatever was in them was also causing catastrophic trips and a lot of people went on the missing list. Its always been a bad town for contaminated drugs.

Pat Sheen wrote: »
    Morning glory are not mushroom spores, they are the seeds of a popular ornamental plant. edit:and yes I have seen the legislation banning bzp. It is the only piperazine which has been banned.

I stand corrected,thank you for the info,I hate to give out wrong information.

These symbols or stamps can be sold on and mimicked,they no longer truly reflect the quality of the pill but I do admit that in the past they were quite definite indications of the quality of a pill.

After a pill has reached the peak of its popularity or when the manufacturer has ceased producing the quality stamped pill he/she will quite often sell the stamp on to another manufacturer who may be making pills with entirely different ingredients,also remember that the binding agents themselves in pills can be dangerous.

Also a professional pill press is very expensive,many producers of pills can pay to have their product pressed on just one press and so can carry the same stamp.Diffrent colours are just marketing,simple colourants are added to make them blue/green whatever,the same goes for speckles,speckles are in fact cheaper to produce as you just add less colourant.

Oh and london underground are horrible !!!

Which ones?The BZP ones?

• Advertisement
Advertisement