Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bog Roll configuration help.

• 21-06-2009 4:01pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

wondering if anyone can help me, I'm completely perplexed as to what is the correct set up for bog roll in one's home.

I've taken snaps of both types that I use but i really want to stick to just the one, correct form.

So which is considered the correct installation on the bog roll holder?

The first one looks like it might be correct, whereas the second offers better speed of movement.

DSCI0075.jpg

DSCI0076.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The first one. Always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

As both photos are the same ...

I'm gonna just say nearby and plentiful. Anyone who puts it on the flat bit behind the toilet seat (i.e. right behind your head) is a sadist and should be shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It doesn't matter what fecking way as long as you don't run out.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Use a facecloth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

they're both wrong, you're supposed to leave it on the cistern.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Random wrote: »
    As both photos are the same ...

Edited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Overhand, #1. Gets my goat when people do underhand-- and inevitably if someone other than me changes the toilet roll, it always ends up underhand so I have to do it again myself. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

The second one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

No 1. Much prefer it that way. If the end of the roll is lying flat on the top and not hanging down, you dont have to go searching for it, because it will be pointing right at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Aidric wrote: »
    Use a facecloth.
    Toilet brush is better. Gets rid of cling-ons! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Number one but when the guests are around the end of the paper should be tucked into the tube for that "touch of class"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

great thread!
    i am a fan of the first one. the second configuration is just wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

shoulda been a poll.

First one, always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

First one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Unused side outwards, it just looks better.

Both. Use the whole roll one way then the other. Its called recycling :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

The first way always looks wrong to me. Number two is your man.

The first way always looks wrong to me. Number two is your man.
    Looks like you and me are the only sane ones in this thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

For anybody who thinks option 2 is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

first one but it doesn't really matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Kiera wrote: »
    Looks like you and me are the only sane ones in this thread :)

Looks like it!

Also, number two makes it much easier to do a one-handed paper grab, which can came in handy if your other hand is otherwise engaged :pac:

Looks like it!

Also, number two makes it much easier to do a one-handed paper grab, which can came in handy if your other hand is otherwise engaged :pac:
    Oh noes, the mental image :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Option two always.

Dean09 wrote: »
    Both. Use the whole roll one way then the other. Its called recycling :rolleyes:

By that reasoning, i could get 4 goes out of my undies between washes.:D

galwayrush wrote: »
    By that reasoning, i could get 4 goes out of my undies between washes.:D
    Exactly! And always buy a v-neck jumper....that way you turn it backwards and its a totally new jumper! Ill have more recession beating tips next week! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

First one, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I'd say number 1 also.

then when that side of the roll has been used, just reverse it to picture 2 and use the other side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I'm not bothered either way, but Jesus, I'd love to have the kind of free time to be able to not only sit down and type up a detailed post regarding the correct procedure for installation of bog roll, but also take and upload photos for clarification...

• Advertisement

FruitLover wrote: »
    I'm not bothered either way, but Jesus, I'd love to have the kind of free time to be able to not only sit down and type up a detailed post regarding the correct procedure for installation of bog roll, but also take and upload photos for clarification...
    instead of just having the time to post here generally...obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Personally I can't wait for the videoblog.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

The second pic is the correct way IMO

The first just looks wrong tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

OMG are you all still drunk...why oh why cant I see the difference between those two pics:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

maybe you'll strike lucky and be made redundant soon

maybe you'll strike lucky and be made redundant soon

:D

• Advertisement

Maddison wrote: »
    OMG are you all still drunk...why oh why cant I see the difference between those two pics:confused:

That's because you are intelligent enough to realise that it doesn't matter which fecking way they are fitted.:cool:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Took about 3 mins from taking the first picture, taking the card out of my camera and into my computer, uploading, and typing this excellent thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

On the ground...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

galwayrush wrote: »
    That's because you are intelligent enough to realise that it doesn't matter which fecking way they are fitted.:cool:

Yeah you wouldnt be saying that if you read the post where I said I always thought Pakistan was the capital of India & Japan was the capital of China.....yep geographically Im as thick as 10 Guinness sh*ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

1st one. Less surface area near the wall where it likely to pick up moisture in a damp bathroom

• Advertisement
Advertisement