Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pothole damaged suspension

• 21-06-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

hi, Ok having a bad day and was wondering about your very informative opinions.
    My girlfriend was driving home last night and hit a pothole she didnt see. Car started making a clanking noise while moving (i didnt hear it just her deccription) and leaving drops of fluid on the ground. I think it is a broken shock and maybe some other damage. I havent had a garage look at it yet will first thing in the morning.
    Ok my question is do i have a claim against the council for damage. the pothole was very deep and near some council roadworks.
    If i cant claim off them i just got fully comp insurance will this cover this type of accident damage.
    Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Definitely send the bill to the county counsil/corporation with pictures of the pothole(take them quick in case they refill it) also with pictures of damage to car and write a strongly worded letter and include the possibility of taking them to court. It might be an idea to even get a lawyer to send the letter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

get a measuring tape to show how deep it was and also the days newspaper as proof of date and send that into the council

EDIT: take pics of the newspaper beside the pothole and measuring tape and send that into the council

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Women drivers :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Take picture from distance showing lack of visibility of same .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

gpf101 wrote: »
    Women drivers :D
    Careful now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Sorry....

Advertisement