Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advise on change

• 21-06-2009 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭

hi all
    i am bamboozled with the amount of knowledge you guys have,so looking for advice on changing car.
    have a diesel 04 avensis with 70k and have approx 8k to go with it.
    am totally open to ideas and will purchase based on advice given,all i require is its boot is large enough for golf clubs and no bigger than 2.0 litre. was looking at rav 4s and a sante fe commercial.its not going to be the family car so back seats not essential,as you can probably tell by this post i know fcek all about cars so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Clutch failures are common on Sante Fes (known weakness) and costs around €1000 to fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,471 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Any preference at all? Age of car you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

mickdw wrote: »
    Any preference at all? Age of car you want?
    nothing later than 05 preferably 06 open to anything

Audi A6 2.0tdi. Much nicer car than avensis
    Passat
    Alfa 159
    Honda accord

Audi A6 2.0tdi. Much nicer car than avensis
    Passat
    Alfa 159
    Honda accord
    cheers mick have a couple shortlisted.
    but my preference is for a 2.0 litre petrol rav 4 as i only do 150/200 miles a week a diesel is not a necessity.
    seen a 2006 rav for 15k interesting to see how much to change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€15k is expensive for a 06 Rav4 petrol.

Here is a 07 new shape for just over €17,500.

You should also check out the Honda CR-V:
    http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200920192809720

The 2.0 petrol engine in the Rav 4 is nothing to write home about to be honest. If you are a toyota fan, im not going to change your mind but have you driven any/many cars from other manufacturers?

The 2.0 petrol engine in the Rav 4 is nothing to write home about to be honest. If you are a toyota fan, im not going to change your mind but have you driven any/many cars from other manufacturers?
    im afraid i one of these i have always had toyotas eejits and the thing is i have never ever had to take one to the garage servicing apart.saying that i wouldnt restrict myself to a toyota.
    that 06 was the new shape btw.think ill be lucky to get 8k for my own

Thanks for the heads up regarding the 2.0 petrol, read some reviews and a lot of complaints about noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

hi all
    i am bamboozled with the amount of knowledge you guys have,so looking for advice on changing car.
    have a diesel 04 avensis with 70k and have approx 8k to go with it.
    am totally open to ideas and will purchase based on advice given,all i require is its boot is large enough for golf clubs and no bigger than 2.0 litre. was looking at rav 4s and a sante fe commercial.its not going to be the family car so back seats not essential,as you can probably tell by this post i know fcek all about cars so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Can't believe no-one has picked up on this one yet :pac::pac:. *

*Sorry OP, it's a Motors in-joke.

There is good value to be had at the moment but I think you need to ask yourself if you really need to change car at the minute?

If all you need it for is lugging golf clubs about why not buy a cheap van and sell the Avensis for cash?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Par72

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Can't believe no-one has picked up on this one yet :pac::pac:. *

*Sorry OP, it's a Motors in-joke.

*Ahem!

You should definitely get a Skoda Octavia. The boot is only massive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Cars&cars

Saab estate TiD ??

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Saab/9-3/Sportwag/200922192936178/advert?channel=CARS

Up to 58 miles per gallon and loads of space for the clubs and a low miles example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Cars&cars wrote: »
    Saab estate TiD ??

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Saab/9-3/Sportwag/200922192936178/advert?channel=CARS

Up to 58 miles per gallon and loads of space for the clubs and a low miles example

Are you selling that particular car or something?!?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60789685#post60789685

i can make a recommedation like anyone esle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Cars&cars wrote: »
    i can make a recommedation like anyone esle!

Was only wondering. Keep your knickers on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Advertisement