Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 NAT & MediaSharing

Options
  • 21-06-2009 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hey,

I Have NAT 3 at the moment, I've had to open ports to play fifa/call of duty etc, but I still cant connect to some of the features on them, Also I cant do a voice chat on psn, with nat 3, But my media sharing works, I Use tversity,

I've looked up around the boards and found that youtube video of the guy showing us on eircom how to get NAT type 1, which I done and I can connect to all games and do chats now, I get some errors when I sign in ? not sure what there about,
    Everything else seems ok apart from one thing,
    MediaSharing !

1 Thing I use the ps3 a lot for is media sharing, Once I set it up to NAT 1, It no longer connects to my pc or 'tversity'
    so I've to go back to nat 3 just for that
    It gets so annoying
    can someone help me to work media sharing on nat 1.

Also, Im not sure if i've posted this in the right place , If I havent please move it to the correct forum,

Thanks

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Copyright wrote: »
    Hey,

I Have NAT 3 at the moment, I've had to open ports to play fifa/call of duty etc, but I still cant connect to some of the features on them, Also I cant do a voice chat on psn, with nat 3, But my media sharing works, I Use tversity,

I've looked up around the boards and found that youtube video of the guy showing us on eircom how to get NAT type 1, which I done and I can connect to all games and do chats now, I get some errors when I sign in ? not sure what there about,
    Everything else seems ok apart from one thing,
    MediaSharing !

1 Thing I use the ps3 a lot for is media sharing, Once I set it up to NAT 1, It no longer connects to my pc or 'tversity'
    so I've to go back to nat 3 just for that
    It gets so annoying
    can someone help me to work media sharing on nat 1.

Also, Im not sure if i've posted this in the right place , If I havent please move it to the correct forum,

Thanks

Adam

You should have posted in playstation forum under games/consoles.

Anyway, NAT 1 puts your PS3 directly on the net, bypassing your local network and your firewall. As it is not on your network mediasharing will never work for NAT1.

NAT3 puts your PS3 on your network but not all the required ports are open on your firewall to give you full online access. On the other hand, your media server works nicely.

NAT 2 is best of both worlds. Media server and full online capability. All the ports are open correctly.

You are obviously on eircom. Some of the new netopia routers are reported to be able to to NAT2. I had an old one and a more recent one and best I got was NAT1 or 3.

I finally solved it by ditching the netopia router and buying a netgear one. The one I have is in the argos catalog in 2 versions. One for cable (UPC etc.) and the other for DSL(eircom etc). You need the DSL one. Might be able to get it cheaper online. The netgear has full PnP capability for the PS3. I opened ports and the router took care of the remaining ones. I now have NAT2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Copyright

thanks for the reply, I have netopia 2247 wng or something like that,
    Emm I've opened every port I was told to open , And I still cant chat or get nat 2 :(

Advertisement