Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nikkii hayes threatens to sue board.ie in sunday mirror

Options
  • 21-06-2009 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I can't see a thread about this already.
    Title says it all really. To paraphrase: She's outraged by cyberbullying on a supposedly reputable site, by people who have nothing going on in their own lives so they just tear into others.

edit: Sunday Mirror, not Daily Mail
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

My parents got that rag today. What page?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Any links to this pwd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Oops sorry: It's on page 11 of the Sunday Mirror; not the Daily Mail.
    Can't find any links

• Registered Users Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

what does the bullying relate to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

She complained about a thread slagging her off apparently. It was locked but she thinks it should have been removed. There were suggestions that she pretends to be single to draw males to her show according to the article.

edit:

link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055592096. (Found via google)

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:8EdAT_qdBLkJ:www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php%3Fthreadid%3D2055592096+%22nikki+hayes%22+site:boards.ie&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Who is Nikkii Hayes?

Wasn't there a precedent set about this cases recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

[...]

alot less suicides if the people who start these venemous attacks were tracked via IP address, arrested (I dont they'd be so vocal when the gardai turn up at their frontdoor) and they should be shown the full weight of the law ... I for one would back this a million percent.

oh dear,

a million percent sounds like quite a commitment

edit: lol... you need to 'donate' to sign the petition :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

pwd wrote: »
    To paraphrase: She's outraged by cyberbullying on a supposedly reputable site .... people who have nothing going on in their own lives so they just tear into others.

So it's not ok for people to slag her online, but it is ok for her to slag others in the mainstream media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

She says (in her blog) her friend text and said not to mind them, and she was like 'not mind who' and her friend had to tell her and she had to then go and buy a copy of the paper.
    Surely if this was an interview etc she would have had to give the go ahead for stuff in the paper?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Chinafoot wrote: »

An internet petition about internet bullying? I imagine there are gonna be some interesting comments left on there alright, if she thinks she's seen internet bullying before she's in for a hell of a shock methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

...they should be shown the full weight of the law

What? Like this?

fpoli.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Based on the petition she should head straight to Spell Czechs and stay there until she gets it right. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

pwd wrote: »
    It was locked but she thinks it should have been removed

She was lucky that it was even locked and I thought it should have been reopened.

I have no idea who this woman is but I'm beginning to understand why some people may not like her !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nikki, I'd like to introduce you to the Striesland effect theory...

BuffyBot wrote: »

Didn't know about that, but damn it makes sense

I'll just post her whole blog entry just in case anyone might be using computers that block Bebo and can't see it.
    I really dont think I'll ever become immune to the undeucated hate posts online or to the fact that websites that like to call themselves "reputable" allow these posts to be published allowing idiots who have such little going on in their own lives - that all they can do day and night is say how much they hate everything and everyone online.

I feel so sorry for these people who post lies and hearsay and say they got the details from a "reliable source" :L believe you me 100% of the time the reliable source is someone with a grievance or its from sir walter mitty ie.the poster themselves in la la land.

Seriously I think there would be less bullying and depression in teenagers and adults alike and alot less suicides if the people who start these venemous attacks were tracked via IP address, arrested (I dont they'd be so vocal when the gardai turn up at their frontdoor) and they should be shown the full weight of the law ... I for one would back this a million percent.

As part of my job I am open to attack on my presenting skills ... its not nice but hey you gotta take the good with the bad as you're never gonna make everyone happy ... as much you might try but when people start defamation on your character its a WHOLE different ballgame and thats when it goes from professional criticism to full online bullying and its just so vulgar.

I know from dealing with headsup and spunout.ie that many people are open to and experiencing online bullying and IT HAS TO STOP NOW ... enough is enough Im fed up with lives being lost over it

I dunno how Im going to start the ball rolling but I will be campaigning to bring people who target people for online bullying and who publish lies and defamation online to answer for their actions .... If you are someone involved in any sort of hate campaign or online bullying STOP and if u see someone bullying online or blogging or posting lies about someone you know REPORT firstly to the web moderators, if they dont act ... then contact parents/teachers or THE GARDAI ... I cant sit by and watch this anymore ... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Im starting this and please sign ... I cant sit back and watch anymore, can you???

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/enuf/

^^ That's the ipetitions one, she's removed her bebo blog .. I do have a copy if people want it. (Don't want to post it up incase it makes matters worse)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

She would have never mentioned Boards.ie by name. She just referred to a reputable site which I guess you could assume is Boards considering there was a topic on her. In my opinion, its an empty threat to scare Boards.ie owners.

Its worth noting that petition is a shambles. They never work correctly.

star-pants wrote: »
    ^^ That's the ipetitions one, she's removed her bebo blog .. I do have a copy if people want it. (Don't want to post it up incase it makes matters worse)

Oh. She must've have re-posted the iPetitions one on Bebo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

edit: lol... you need to 'donate' to sign the petition :pac:

That's another bug, you don't. Just try again and it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sully wrote: »
    That's another bug, you don't. Just try again and it should work.

cba now, I was only gonna leave abuse anyway =p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

orestes wrote: »
    An internet petition about internet bullying? I imagine there are gonna be some interesting comments left on there alright, if she thinks she's seen internet bullying before she's in for a hell of a shock methinks
    I was only gonna leave abuse anyway =p

I love it when other people prove my point for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She puts most of her life on the interweb and then moans about being got at. Spare us love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've never heard of her. Had to look at her wikipedia page which appears to be the most bizarre compendium of vapid personal details I have ever seen. I assume most of it is jocular/ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Someone who actually writes something like the following, tongue out of cheek, is probably incapable of irony though:
    alot less suicides if the people who start these venemous attacks were tracked via IP address, arrested (I dont they'd be so vocal when the gardai turn up at their frontdoor) and they should be shown the full weight of the law ... I for one would back this a million percent.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

BuffyBot wrote: »

Can we have the thanks back? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Is her IP address blocked from Boards.ie then ? :D

I really dont think I'll ever become immune to the undeucated hate posts online

Nobody else think this was funny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement