Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nikkii hayes threatens to sue board.ie in sunday mirror

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Are the admins of board.ie aware of this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sparky wrote: »

Well, are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Erm, 3 of the admins have posted in this thread, so I guess so :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Boards.ie was not, afaik, directly mentioned. A reputable site could be anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Guys read the thread title again closer :)

(anyways we are well aware of the situation and removed said thread when requested)

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Aye, I get that, but I thought all admins are equal so if a few of them knew about it they would inform the others through the network brain collective hive-mind

I now have an image of Dev as the borg-queen

/mindbleach

Guys read the thread title again closer :)

(anyways we are well aware of the situation and removed said thread when requested)

Am I missing something? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

board.ie
    boards.ie

comparethemeerkat.com
    comparethemarket.com

Simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

this is the first I've heard of any of this (although of course I was aware of the thread in question). All I can say is she hasn't contacted me (or any of the other radio mods afaia). I haven't read the article, but it would seem to me like it would be easier to pm the mods than run to a newspaper.

Just for reference, another radio presenter contacted us about a thread which contained some disparaging remarks about them and that thread was removed with our best wishes - the admins can check the deleted threads in the radio forum for verification of that. I'm pretty sure we would have done the same thing here - I would have, anyway.

• Advertisement

I assumed that was a spelling mistake... There doesnt seem to be a board.ie...

orestes wrote: »
    Aye, I get that, but I thought all admins are equal

Some admins are more equal than others.

tbh wrote: »
    this is the first I've heard of any of this (although of course I was aware of the thread in question). All I can say is she hasn't contacted me (or any of the other radio mods afaia). I haven't read the article, but it would seem to me like it would be easier to pm the mods than run to a newspaper.

Just for reference, another radio presenter contacted us about a thread which contained some disparaging remarks about them and that thread was removed with our best wishes - the admins can check the deleted threads in the radio forum for verification of that. I'm pretty sure we would have done the same thing here - I would have, anyway.

Someone did complain, but not the individual in question IIRC. See here (Mods Only)

Some admins are more equal than others.

Please report to the Ministry of Love for re-orientation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Sully wrote: »
    Someone did complain, but not the individual in question IIRC. See here (Mods Only)

ta - wasn't the radio forum so. /washes hands/

orestes wrote: »
    Please report to the Ministry of Love for re-orientation

4 admins good 2 admins better.*

*A step too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Guys given that it's last thing on a Sunday night, the chances of getting the official word from the office on whether or not we have had contact from Ms Hayes or a representative of hers is slim to none.

Until we have the word from on super-high, it would be good if we could refrain from posting anything contentious on this thread.

(Especially given that if you do post it I'll have to delete it anyway, and I'm at work and have things to do and need to not have to refresh this thread every 45 seconds, chrstxbye xx)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Who the hell is Nikki Hayes? :confused:

Is this just a cynical attempt to raise her profile?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Is that the MCD Effect Theory? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Boards.ie was directly mentioned in the newspaper article. There was even a picture of the frontpage of the site, and quotes from the thread I linked to.

Board.ie was a typo by me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Who the hell is Nikki Hayes? :confused:

Is this just a cynical attempt to raise her profile?!

Fupped if I know. I've never heard of her. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

DJ NIKKI TARGETS WEB HAYTE MOB (not a typo this time - it's a pun in the title)

Furious 2fm DJ Kikki hayes is threatening to sue a website where vicious cyber bullies launched a hate campign against her.
    Nikki, 30, was branded an annoying, attention-seeker on boards.ie, the most popular chat forum in Ireland.
    But the gorgeous blonde vowed to strike back.
    She said: "Enough is enough. It stops now. I'm fed up with hate campaigns on so-called reputable sites."
    The web slurs, under the heading "How annoying is Nikki Hayes?" even claimed she lies and pretends to be single, just to get men to tune in to her radio show.
    ...[quotes from boards thread]...
    Nikki first leared bout the filthy internet tirade on Monday, but despite asking boards.ie to stop the bullying, all they did was lock the thread.
    This means that no-one else can comment - but the malicious lies are still on the website for all to see.
    A source close to Nikki said: "Nikki was really shocked whenshe read them and contacted boards.ie to tell them that if the commets weren't taken down in the net 24 hours she would sue for defamation.
    "The stuff that turned up on boards.ie is vulgar and sick"

There's a big pic of her and a smaller one of the boards frontpage. Takes up the whole left side of the page in the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Go Nikki, Go Nikki!! -er, I mean Ricki...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

From Wikipedia: "Hayes was publicly assaulted in a hotel in the Temple Bar district of Dublin in April 2008. After receiving a black eye she was grateful for the support of her boss John Clarke and fellow broadcaster Gerry Ryan but failed to step outdoors for some months following the attack.[6]"

I mean seriously - is she a professional victim? Or maybe she got the blackeye because "She is "the biggest fan of Lionel Richie in the world"" or for having "five holidays annually" or because "she spends a substantial amount of money on taxis to chauffeur her"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

never heard of her. What does she do? Seriously. Didnt read all thread cos Im lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Been a victim is one thing. But been on on end of the stick from inappropriate behaviour is another thing. Championing this behaviour has been spotted and allowed to go ignored, by even the highest respected board user's.

I believe the victim should take self responsiblity and the bully should take self responsiblity to stop attracting each other in that polarized way.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

I do have this really sick feeling that the owners of this site, are been to irish about this and been downright ignorant, in allowing bullying and trophy modding on this forum.

It's all of this feed me power.

From an objective view, its kinda funny, when your not the victim.

That's all. Time for everyone to take responsilblity here. All people on boards. Including the owners of this site;):)

The fact that she went on a newspaper and put it out there tells me something about boards.:eek:

I'm just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Don't know who she is.
    Seems she writes for various tabloids?
    So I don't care to know who she is.
    Seems from clicking the links in this thread that she is in the public eye though, and actively seeks to raise her public profile?
    In which case, she should probably develop thick, leathery skin.
    If she already has a durable exterior, and this is a cynical attempt to garner more attention to herself, then kudos love, kudos.

mysterious wrote: »
    Been a victim is one thing. But been on on end of the stick from inappropriate behaviour is another thing. Championing this behaviour has been spotted and allowed to go ignored, by even the highest respected board user's.

I believe the victim should take self responsiblity and the bully should take self responsiblity to stop attracting each other in that polarized way.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

I do have this really sick feeling that the owners of this site, are been to irish about this and been downright ignorant, in allowing bullying and trophy modding on this forum.

It's all of this feed me power.

From an objective view, its kinda funny, when your not the victim.

That's all. Time for everyone to take responsilblity here. All people on boards. Including the owners of this site;):)

I think when you are in the public spotlight it should be somewhat expected to be criticised or whatever. I agree sometimes it goes to far. However, the mods would have locked the topic pending Admin review who I would guess decided best to completely remove it. So, I think its safe to say Boards did what they could in relation to addressing the girls concerns.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    I think when you are in the public spotlight it should be somewhat expected to be criticised or whatever. I agree sometimes it goes to far. However, the mods would have locked the topic pending Admin review who I would guess decided best to completely remove it. So, I think its safe to say Boards did what they could in relation to addressing the girls concerns.

Admin review............ :D you have me laughing already.

They are even more lazy than the general mods, believe me.

They donnnnnnnnnnnt wanna hear it. OVer the head like the good ol Irish way. La la.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement