Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Games & Accessories Advice

• 21-06-2009 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭

Thinking of picking up the 60gb Pro deal in Xtra-Vision for 200 euro. Just wondering what games and accessories I should get.

So far ive picked to get these accssories:

- Wireless Bridge
    - Points Card
    - Live Membership
    - Play & Charge kit (how long it is the cable btw?)

Games:

- Gears 1 & 2
    - Halo 3
    - Forza Motersport 2
    - PGR4

As you can probably tell ive got a ps3, had it for over 2 years so I am just looking at 360 exclusives atm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You don't really need anything bar the play and charge kit. Memory cards are needless, you don't need the Vison camera (but it is only 16.99 in HMV with At the Movies game which is a good buy) and you don't need the chat pad. You're fine as you are.

As for games, you've enough there at the moment. There's enough longetivity in those to get you by for a few weeks and they're varied enough that you won't be bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Cheers..

Just one thing - ive noticed that there are alot of different controller chargers -

-Play & charge kit
    - Quick Charge kit
    - Rechargable Battery Pack

Whats the best to get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Messenger pad is very useful also if you send text messages a lot. So much easier than using the controller.

bucks73 wrote: »
    Messenger pad is very useful also if you send text messages a lot. So much easier than using the controller.

Ok, I do use a wireless keyboard on my ps3, hate typing using the controller. Must add that to the list so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 beefygrandmole

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Cheers..

Just one thing - ive noticed that there are alot of different controller chargers -

-Play & charge kit
    - Quick Charge kit
    - Rechargable Battery Pack

Whats the best to get?

i'd say the official play and charge kit is your best bet the only problem is if you leave the charger in the controller for a long time after it charges (which i did:() the battery life when it's plugged out drops significantly but that's fine as long as you take it out when the green light comes on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jomz27

most people playing xbox360 are havin a voice chat instead of that messenger pad so for me that is abit useless the most important accessories that you should buy are (play and charge kit, wireless adapter, gold membership card and walah ready to go and enjoy playing :D) i have a ps3 aswell whats you psn account mate? :D

jomz27 wrote: »
    most people playing xbox360 are havin a voice chat instead of that messenger pad so for me that is abit useless the most important accessories that you should buy are (play and charge kit, wireless adapter, gold membership card and walah ready to go and enjoy playing :D) i have a ps3 aswell whats you psn account mate? :D

Ok cheers.. My PSN is Kev_85 btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

I have to get a new play and charge kit because it only charges for 10 seconds before the light turns green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Ok, I do use a wireless keyboard on my ps3, hate typing using the controller. Must add that to the list so.

If your wireless keyboard works through a bluetooth usb dongle then you can use it on the 360 too :)

Enjoy the console.

Advertisement